Quote Originally Posted by fromis View Post
    In other words I can buy "From Ashes"+"Leviathan" for 1600 Microsoft Points or I could buy Omega/Citadel for 1200 Microsoft Points. By the looks of it I'd say the first option looks to bring more content wise. But I'd like to hear your thoughts about which ones you find the most worthwhile/interesting since I doubt I'm going to buy them all.

Citadel is a must. If you buy no other DLC, buy Citadel.

Citadel + From Ashes would be the best bang for your buck in terms of quality.

Leviathan gives you backstory on the Reapers. It's interesting, particularly if you're a lore nut, but its impact on the game is slim to none, and the content itself is fairly short.

Omega is probably the worst of the ME3 DLC. I enjoyed it, but the story was pretty lackluster and short. I'd only recommend it if you're a huge fan of Aria and/or Omega.

From Ashes is a great buy because you get a permanent squad member out of it. He, of course, gives you more insight into the Protheans, and his interactions with the game add a great deal of additional things to see as you go through the game. Javik turned out to be one of my favorite squad members in the trilogy.

Citadel is, hands down, the best DLC in the entire trilogy. Some have even gone so far as to say the best DLC for any game ever made. The story is interesting, the humor is incredible (it was rare that there was a time in this DLC that I was not laughing), and you get a massive amount of additional game time from it. As I said above, if you buy none of the other DLC, you need to buy this one. You won't regret it. It's my favorite DLC by far.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-05-01 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    Ashes and maybe omega
    Leviathan is just them trying to retcon some sense into the starchild
    And citadel is basically an in-game fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Ashes and maybe omega
    Leviathan is just them trying to retcon some sense into the starchild
    And citadel is basically an in-game fanfiction.
    Someone recommending Omega over Citadel? Brb, booking ski vacation in Hell.

So will they be launching an ME3 + All DLC thing some time soon or is it already out?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So will they be launching an ME3 + All DLC thing some time soon or is it already out?
    Haven't heard anything about it.

Nah nothing has been said yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    Someone recommending Omega over Citadel? Brb, booking ski vacation in Hell.
    Well, FemShep fans are known to have the wrong opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omega was so bad... I rank it below all the ME2 DLC. Citadel is over rated though, its a lot of fan service, but actual material is pretty slim. I'd rank Shadow Broker above it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Omega was so bad... I rank it below all the ME2 DLC. Citadel is over rated though, its a lot of fan service, but actual material is pretty slim. I'd rank Shadow Broker above it.
    Who said fan service is bad? Citadel was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I preferred Shadow Broker to Citadel too, though it was very close. They're definitely the top two DLCs

I don't really know what my reason is I just kinda preferred Shadow Broker D:
    They are the best two DLCs. It was difficult for me to say which of the two were better, but I went with the Citadel for the humor.

And . . .

That look on Shepard's face . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    its a lot of fan service
    Considering that they dedicated it to the fans, at the very end of the Shepard trilogy, and that its well done, yeah.
    Its not like "fan service" in anime which have given the term a bad feeling that it doesnt deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Considering that they dedicated it to the fans, at the very end of the Shepard trilogy, and that its well done, yeah.
    Its not like "fan service" in anime which have given the term a bad feeling that it doesnt deserve.
    Mehehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Those looks quite nice.

As for fan service. If is done correctly, it is beautiful. Hell the end of Citadel I teared up because I knew that I wouldn't be able to be Shepard any more. Same thing happens when I complete a game with a well done story. I get a little sad to know that it is the end. No more adventures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Those looks quite nice.

As for fan service. If is done correctly, it is beautiful. Hell the end of Citadel I teared up because I knew that I wouldn't be able to be Shepard any more. Same thing happens when I complete a game with a well done story. I get a little sad to know that it is the end. No more adventures.
    Yeah, did kinda pull the old heart strings.

Sorry my quality sucks, I was forced to record at half size, and then compress it again because my laptop was running out of harddrive space.
    Putin khuliyo

I must be the only one who wasn't actually all that impressed with LotSB. I mean, it was good, but I would rank it under Leviathan, From Ashes, and even Arrival. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of Liara, I dunno, but outside of the couple of funny lines Shepard had with Liara, it really wasn't all that memorable to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be the only one who wasn't actually all that impressed with LotSB. I mean, it was good, but I would rank it under Leviathan, From Ashes, and even Arrival. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of Liara, I dunno, but outside of the couple of funny lines Shepard had with Liara, it really wasn't all that memorable to me.
    Well Arrival, Overlord and LotSB were all outstanding for ME2, I thought, so in order to determine favorites, I had to nitpick.

It was the car chase that won me over.

And meeting a new scary species.

And using my biotics to throw badguys off the back of an enormous ship
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well Arrival, Overlord and LotSB were all outstanding for ME2, I thought, so in order to determine favorites, I had to nitpick.

It was the car chase that won me over.

And meeting a new scary species.

And using my biotics to throw badguys off the back of an enormous ship
    Yeah Shadow Broker had an extremely high fun factor with all the great gameplay. The amazing car chase (the best part of the whole trilogy), the fight against an even bigger and scarier Krogan (yeah I thought Krogans were big and bad but then I met a Yagh), the fighting on the outside of Shadow Broker´s ship with those lightning conductors and biotics like throw (yep throwing guys off that ship was great fun) and to be honest that ship was enormous and especially the feeling you had while outside of that extremely big ship that was flying right in the middle of a storm was amazing.

And as I love Liara it was great to see how she struggled emotionally when she realized that Shepard is back (she saw the heaps of flesh that were left) and all those things she kept that were once Shepard´s (like their dogtags, a part of their armor) was nice as it showed how much Liara liked Shepard (even if not romanced). The scene when you invite her to the Normandy was great too as it was very emotional.

So I would definitely rank LotSB on Top 1 of the best ME DLCs but Citadel is a very close second because I also liked it a lot (although I think it was a giant fanservice). I also would rank Overlord on 3 and Leviathan on 4 because I liked Overlord much more especially because of the exploration part of Aite and David (his screams, make them stop ) and Leviathan was good but nothing more than a retcon of that stupid StarBrat. It totally destroyed my view on the Reapers ("infinite, each a nation" - Sovereign) as it turned them into some sort of failed experiment of the Leviathans as they created that AI that basically indoctrinated the Reapers.

So DLCs for me: 1. LotSB, 2. Citadel, 3. Overlord, 4. Leviathan, 5. Firewalker, 6. Kasumi and Zaeed, 7. Fire in the Sky, 8. Pinnacle Station, 9. OMEGA

Noticed how I put Omega on rank 9? Yes I am still mad that it was created by the MULTIPLAYER DEVS. They basically created a bigger MP map with a bit more enemies and minimal lore. It was just bad.

If the Singleplayer Devs in Edmonton had created Omega I bet it would have been much better. Heck they created the best ME DLCs ever with Shadow Broker and Citadel. The Omega we got was nothing more than a glorious multiplayer mission with a bunch of cutscenes every now and then (and a VERY BAD and frustrating end of the only female Turian we ever met).

Deleted
    Yep.
    Thats the biggest hurdle to overcome to get anime accepted publicly as sport or whatever.
    Its hard to take something serious that have to shove panties and breasts in the viewers face because they dont have the writing to keep the viewer interested.
    Its the Michael Bay of anime.

I feel like we have been here before.
    Have we been here before?

Pretty much my reaction to it.
    Besides the taxi meter, fighting a SPECTRE, dat background storm when you fight to enter the ship and Liara getting a grip on reality and becoming the shadow broker was interesting, but the rest was just.. meh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    (and a VERY BAD and frustrating end of the only female Turian we ever met).
    Very mad.
    Hell, Nyreen could had been the best LI.
    A mix between Liara, Samara and Garrus if im not thinking completly wrong.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-05-02 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    I was like "WTF did just happen?" after that scene with Nyreen happened. I was just shocked how bad you could write a story and how pointless you can kill off certain characters.

Nyreen certainly looked very promising both as possible Omega leader and as a squad-mate. I really think that she would have been a great squad-mate and Garrus would certainly have his fun with her on the Normandy

Her death was so pointless and stupid that I wanted to poke my eyes out after I first saw it !! So much fail from the MULTIPLAYER DEVS.

The fact that the Multiplayer studio in Montreal created Omega and will also create ME4 does not add a lot of anticipation for the next game for me.

Omega really felt like a very long multiplayer match with basically the same Cerberus enemies as in MP (minus Adjutants and those Mechs). The story was almost nonexistent and you did not feel like it was important for Shepard to reclaim Omega in the middle of the Reaper war. The only justification you get was that Cerberus uses Omega to control the Terminus systems and the Omega-4 relay. Once you reclaimed it you return to the Normandy and nothing really has changed. Aria is still on the Citadel, Hackett does not mention it or does not debrief you, your crew acts like you never were away.

Omega was by far the baddest DLC and would be on the same level of Pinnacle Station and Fire in the Sky for me.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-05-02 at 10:04 AM.

I liked Omega but... I'm also one of them hardcore Aria fans that I mentioned when answering the post asking about what DLC to spend the points on. :P Aria was one of my favorite characters in the trilogy so being able to get more content with her was fantabulous.