10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    So you see nothing wrong with the final DLC being cheesy fanservice when all most people wanted was closure and a proper end to the trilogy?

...mind... boggled...

And yeah, it didn't send me off with a smile. It got me geniunely angry and took me several weeks to work up the energy to complete it.
    I was given that by the Leviathan DLC + Extended cut, its not a good ending but it was average and acceptable, at least for me.

I see nothing wrong with the final DLC being a cheesy fanservice when we had already been given explanations towards what happens after the crucible as well as the origins of the Reapers.

The crucible being a superweapon plot was pretty much unavoiddable if they wanted the player side to win the conflict, since they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner as early as ME1 about how strong the Reapers where. I think it should just have fired the moment it connected with the citadel and skipped the Star Child bit entirely but i am content with what was given with DLC.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-06-12 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    So you see nothing wrong with the final DLC being cheesy fanservice when all most people wanted was closure and a proper end to the trilogy?

...mind... boggled...
    What people want and what people need are two different things.
    Besides, BioWare have been pulling cheesy fanservice since forever. DAO companion cameos in DA2 comes to mind.
    They have an entire race that exists just for fanservice (asari).

Citadel DLC could have been done better for sure, but its a good way to end the trilogy.
    ME wasnt just about being grim as shit, theres plenty of corny jokes in there.

And yes, we have all read the IT.
    And we have argued it for months.

Go ahead, read this threads archive.
    I'll see you in a year.

They have an entire race that exists just for fanservice (asari).
    Eh?

And yes, we have all read the IT.
    And we have argued it for months.
    Why would I? I am already convinced it's real.

Deleted
    Because if you really understood the IT, then you wouldn't be so convinced.
    Its dubious at best.

A possibility that time will tell.

Or it might just be TrollWare at work again.
    Whos to say that they didnt make it like this in the first place and then placed the IT to mess with us?

The free PR they got was INSANE.

Because if you really understood the IT, then you wouldn't be so convinced.
    Its dubious at best.
    It's not dubious at all. There's a mountain of proof sustaining it whereas the only proof sustaining the 3 colored ending is the DLC they released, which was nothing but fanservice and shouldn't be treated too seriously.

Deleted
    They are people's intrerpretions.
    BioWare have said that it is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    They are people's intrerpretions.
    BioWare have said that it is not real.
    I heard rumors of that, but can you give me a source?

Deleted
    Funnily no i can't.
    I see a lot people discussing that BioWare shuts it down with EC (which did come afterwards) but no actual statement from BW other than Shepard might live in Destroy EC.

I liked what one guy said tho
    Indoctrination Theory is just this generation's "Squall died on disk 1 when he got stabbed through the chest with a giant icicle, everything else is just a horrible dying dream".

Ask him if he ever cut himself on that edge.

The amount of proof that cannot be rebuked is staggering. ( Shepard being shot, vegetation that looks like the one in the dreams suddenly appearing after Shepard is hit by harbinger, the major clearly saying no one got through, anderson being shot yet shepard is the one bleeding, TIM having the ability to mind control shepard whereas the Alfa Reaper and other destroyers could not and so on ).

The EC means nothing as it only builds upon the already disregarded ending, not to mention I am fairly sure Shepard could live even before EC. It just required very high EMS.

Deleted
    Misusing "edge".
    Shame on you.

Don't bring those buzzwords here.

It wasn't misused, though.

It's a highly condescending statement and what's worse is that there's way more proof for the IT than there is against it.

It reached a point where I am starting to think people refuse to acknowledge it just so they can stay mad at Bioware ( that or they're ashamed they didn't figure it out themselves ).

Deleted
    Its hardly provocative, the theories that went around Squall's "death" bear striking resemblance to the IT.

Deleted
    Finding holes in the story and the presentation of it doesnt count as proof for anything. Doing that would mean almost every movie ever made is a mystery thriller in disguise.

But on the other hand, I don't think it makes sense to argue with you, as I see you acting similar to conspiracy theorists - hence there would never be a way to sway your opinion anyway.

Deleted
    Figured i'd ask what peoples opinion on vehicles in ME. Did you like them? Would you want them to return? Would you change it if so?

Personally i felt Mako was so-so. The exploration was horrid with all those mountains and shit but sometimes the combat was neat. Too bad the best way to get exp was to jump out of the damn vehicle and shoot them instead.

The firewalker project in ME2 was something i disliked. I'd almost sign up for using it a derogatory term. "That thing is so firewalker."

But regardless, i'd like to see vehicles and vehicle combat to return in ME4, but without the incredibly long and annoying explorations. It'd also be nice if your crew could have an effect on your vehicle. I know engineers gave Mako more shields in ME1 but imagine if every crew member did something. Remember how you could have fun ramming geth units with Mako? Get a vanguard character on board and you'll get a fancy biotic charge vehicle! The random fun one could have with that.

Deleted
    The mako was hilarious, i do miss it dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Finding holes in the story and the presentation of it doesnt count as proof for anything. Doing that would mean almost every movie ever made is a mystery thriller in disguise.
    Whatever gets you through the night and on the ME3/Bioware hate wagon, mate.

Figured i'd ask what peoples opinion on vehicles in ME. Did you like them? Would you want them to return?
    Hell no.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    indoctrination theory is still a ~thing~? wow..
    You are indoctrinated
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Honestly, indoctrination is so crude.

I would like to make a more efficient version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Whatever gets you through the night and on the ME3/Bioware hate wagon, mate.
    I dont hate neither ME3 nor Bioware. I was never angry at the Ending and take the control ending with high EMS as my personal canon.

The Mass Effect Series is one of the best games I ever played, and has created a setting a absolutely love. I just hope they dont butcher it in ME4

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Honestly, indoctrination is so crude.

I would like to make a more efficient version.
    I have a more efficient version: ASSIMILATION!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.