The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Problems with new video card

I'm not the greatest when it comes to PC's but I can usually figure out what wrong myself. Not this time.

I just install a new video card today. I went from a radeon 5570 to a gtx 560 Ti. For some reason if I use an HDMI cable from the 560 Ti i get "screen streching" (desktop edges are past the edges of the moniter) I for the life of my can't get this fixed. No matter what aspect I try it's always the same.

I made sure to uninstall all drivers for the old card.
    I have uninstalled and re-installed the 560 Ti driver.
    All cords are plugged in and the card is seated fully.
    Screen fits perfect when i use a VGA cord with a DVI adapter. (i have 2 displays neither ones have a DVI input...)

If more info is needed just let me know what you need.
    (Don't think it's relevant but in case. I also updated my ram from 4 to 8 gigs and replaced the power supply.)

Am I stuck to using VGA/DVI cables?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    More than likely you have to adjust your overscan/underscan options within the NVIDIA control panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    More than likely you have to adjust your overscan/underscan options within the NVIDIA control panel.
    1 Problem down another crops up

I also run dual monitors, for some reason my other monitor will not detect a signal when I hook the hdmi cable up to it. It was working fine before (aside from the stretching) but not at all now.

Will be trying things as I check this thread.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You may need to switch your primary and secondary monitors around in the display settings. Although that would be problematic if your second monitor through HDMI is a TV up on the wall. But different scenarios for different people, try the primary / secondary setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    You may need to switch your primary and secondary monitors around in the display settings. Although that would be problematic if your second monitor through HDMI is a TV up on the wall. But different scenarios for different people, try the primary / secondary setting.
    I've found something workable for now. Thank you for the help.