Deleted

How to kill healers with a warrior?

I play warrior in 2v2 arena along with a disc priest. And even though he ain't easy to down, we kinda got a problem with me not being able to kill healers. Even in games where he succeed to mana burn, healers are tough to kill (or their dps since they as well tend to just run away). But the real probs are when we face stuff like rogues or DK's that will lock him down from mana burning. So it usually ends up with him dying first, after a 30 mins match or smth like that.

Am I doing something wrong here, or are warriors just that rubbish?

P.S. I know when to burst and stuff, but even if i get their healer somewhat down, usually the dps comes to CC me, while the healer runs away...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would not say warriors are rubbish it is more that non priest healers have retarded ammounts of way to keep their distance.
    The only imobile healer is a priest.
    Your priest dying first is more of an issue than warrior damage (which I think is fine).

If you face another priest healer team well then I guess you guys need to work more on your synergy to improve how you handle one of the oponents in order to setup that kill.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    mmm do you peeling the dps from your healer? using stuff like stuns/disarm/knockbacks.
    cause if you give them freegame on your priest then he might die idd.

i dont know that much of pvp but would say try to keep them of your healer while the healer mana burns the other healer and then switch over?

Deleted
    I agree warrior overall dmg is fine, and I usually end up doing 10-20% more dmg than the opponent dps, but it just doesnt seem to cut it with brute force these days. And warriors isn't that loaded with random interrupts and stuns (like rogues for an example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to any other melee, warriors are utter shit right now. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise, clearly doesn't know what they're talking about, or are blinded by their own class. 2s is a broken bracket, has been for a while, and will stay a broken bracket. Either get another dps and do 2s like that, or get ready for 30 minute games where you outplay your opponent, and someone gets killed in a dance/you get peeled by any minor thing. If the opponent's partner has any clue, you won't be landing a kill without outplaying them pretty badly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
    I agree warrior overall dmg is fine, and I usually end up doing 10-20% more dmg than the opponent dps, but it just doesnt seem to cut it with brute force these days. And warriors isn't that loaded with random interrupts and stuns (like rogues for an example).
    Well, outside the stuns, throwdown, fear, pummel is not really an empty toolkit to dish out interrupts one after another.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infernae View Post
    Compared to any other melee, warriors are utter shit right now. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise, clearly doesn't know what they're talking about, or are blinded by their own class. 2s is a broken bracket, has been for a while, and will stay a broken bracket. Either get another dps and do 2s like that, or get ready for 30 minute games where you outplay your opponent, and someone gets killed in a dance/you get peeled by any minor thing. If the opponent's partner has any clue, you won't be landing a kill without outplaying them pretty badly.
    Actually most would say that a priest healer in 2v2 (with a warrior) is more of a reason for struggling than warrior damage or utility.

Would also like to add that warriors are NOT bad, it is just that rogues are so retardidly overpowered. Once (if) rogues are brought back in line warriors will be fine again.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-02-01 at 08:17 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Q: How to kill a healer with arms warrior?

A: Spec gag order.

I've seen my friend warrior wreck healers in seconds with gag order spec, and it's freaking hard to cast anything if a warrior knows how to play and rotate everything. You can chain a shit load of things before Diminishing returns stop you. He also boosted 2 guys to 2200+ playing double healer+warrior. If warrior would be complete crap, that would never work. You just need to learn how to kill healers and ask your friend to help you with damage and dispels too instead of only manaburning. And i wanna add that warrior should trash any healer that is completely oom.

For those who don't know, Gag order talent makes pummel and heroic throw silence the target for 3 seconds and lowers the cooldown of heroic throw by 30 sec. That gives you HT as an ranged interrupt and can be chained with pummel. You can also pummel without worrying about fake casts. Wait 18 secs for DR and redo.
    Last edited by Johnmatrix; 2012-02-01 at 12:50 PM.

As other have mentioned, other than the few that said warriors are completely horrible and you should just quit. Warrior and priest is a comp in 2's that requires both to play smart and work with each other. From the priest POV as I myself don't have a warrior, warrior DPS seems fine to me, my friend can take down the opposing healer as long as I help out with burns/fears/dps. Like previous poster mentioned, my friend plays a gag order spec and that helps a ton. I don't know that we could do as well as we do without it.

Deleted
    I play with a warrior myself as a holy paladin and as resto shaman. As a warrior he relies on me as much as i do on him. Between hex, purge, wind shear, glyphed grounding (paladins stunning themselfs, derp) he doesn't have much problems landing kills on a healer. Having T1 or even better T2 weapon helps quite alot.

In short, Warrior is as good as his healer partner.

That is a very interesting idea. I will try it on my warrior tonight and see if it makes killing healers easier. I seem to have troubles with it too.

Spec gag order. It's awesome.
    I wouldn't recommend going in with a disco priest. Warriors need that extra something to kill healers atm, such as a pally stun, a offensive dispell and mana burn doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtney View Post
    In short, Warrior is as good as his healer partner.
    This. Warriors are far too reliant on their healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    spec into gag order for trololololol2s.

Killing most healers should be made easy or possible with Gag Order, it is a pretty strong form of pressure since players cannot juke you. You also don't want to pop reck + badge if you have not exhausted their cooldowns, so beat on them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
    Am I doing something wrong here
    Yes you're playing 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    Q: How to kill a healer with arms warrior?

A: Spec gag order.

I've seen my friend warrior wreck healers in seconds with gag order spec, and it's freaking hard to cast anything if a warrior knows how to play and rotate everything. You can chain a shit load of things before Diminishing returns stop you. He also boosted 2 guys to 2200+ playing double healer+warrior. If warrior would be complete crap, that would never work. You just need to learn how to kill healers and ask your friend to help you with damage and dispels too instead of only manaburning. And i wanna add that warrior should trash any healer that is completely oom.

For those who don't know, Gag order talent makes pummel and heroic throw silence the target for 3 seconds and lowers the cooldown of heroic throw by 30 sec. That gives you HT as an ranged interrupt and can be chained with pummel. You can also pummel without worrying about fake casts. Wait 18 secs for DR and redo.
    1) ^ Spec Gag Order

2) Get Gurthalak