Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Democrats think that religion is a personal choice and should not be forced upon you by the government. I'm not sure how that is 'against' religion, even Christianity. I would quote scripture at you where Christ himself is against large organized religions, but this forum will not allow it.

Again, show me legislation that democrats put forward that prevents any religion from practicing the tenents of their faith where they do not impunge upon the the rights of other people?
    I don't think the democrats have put forward legislation that prevents any religion from practicing the tenets of their faith.

But you can't say the democratic party is the party of choice for most religious people.

It's just an overall thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    We should be careful about delving into religion. And... we should also stop arguing.
    Bro-Hug it out? I don't agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it! Huzzah!

We should be careful about delving into religion. And... we should also stop arguing.
    Is religion a topic that not allowed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Other than that the democratic party is pretty much against religion on every issue?

And by religion I mean Christianity.
    differing opinions is what politics is all about. now show me an example where liberals have tried to ban different sex marriage, show me a liberal rally where they shout"we will not be silenced by these religious bigot terrorist"show me the signs that say fuck god,fuck Christianity, oh and show me an instance where the left wing has wanted to use violence as its answer to political opponents

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 12:04 AM ----------

for the record i only saw your post AFTER i just went on my little rant
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

I don't think the democrats have put forward legislation that prevents any religion from practicing the tenets of their faith.

But you can't say the democratic party is the party of choice for most religious people.

It's just an overall thing.
    So democrats aren't god hating anti-religious zealots, but they try not to base their legislation on religious teachings, nor do they try to outlaw any religion that they personally do not subscribe to? That is quite the change of opinion there from your first comment :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:05 AM ----------

Correct. I believe glancing references that we have done so far are generally tolerated, but going any further in depth would result and you and I skipping off to 'ban-land' together.

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    differing opinions is what politics is all about. now show me an example where liberals have tried to ban different sex marriage, show me a liberal rally where they shout"we will not be silenced by these religious bigot terrorist"show me the signs that say fuck god,fuck Christianity, oh and show me an instance where the left wing has wanted to use violence as its answer to political opponents

Show me a devout Christian that votes for the democratic party.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 05:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So democrats aren't god hating anti-religious zealots, but they try not to base their legislation on religious teachings, nor do they try to outlaw any religion that they personally do not subscribe to? That is quite the change of opinion there from your first comment :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:05 AM ----------

Correct. I believe glancing references that we have done so far are generally tolerated, but going any further in depth would result and you and I skipping off to 'ban-land' together.
    I think ultimately the dems are what I said they are ;p

I won't be discussing religion as I think it's all nonsense anyways.

We can't start getting too deep under the surface of discussing religious beliefs. It can get sticky fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm sorry, I seem to have found myself unable to read.
    If that's easier than admitting that you're wrong, go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me a devout Christian that votes for the democratic party.
    ok 1st off.
    1. not relevent to my point
    2. this guy right here
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    The Force shall free me.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh and show me an instance where the left wing has wanted to use violence as its answer to political opponents
    Fair points on the previous points of course. However, OWS(obviously not mainstream liberal of course) is notorious for inciting violence:

Rape Victim Tents: http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/man...IwDGt2I1rM33vL
    Attempted Bombing of a Bridge(not yet proven, but all have "links with" OWS and have been to OWS rallies, this one's disputable but mentionable IMO): http://www.chicagonow.com/publius-fo...t-fbi-instead/
    Other Assorted Violence: http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/...-more-violent/
    7k+ arrests: http://occupyarrests.moonfruit.com/
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2012-05-09 at 05:16 AM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Fair points on the previous points of course. However, OWS(obviously not mainstream liberal of course) is notorious for inciting violence:

Rape Victim Tents: http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/man...IwDGt2I1rM33vL
    Attempted Bombing of a Bridge(not yet proven, but all have "links with" OWS and have been to OWS rallies, this one's disputable but mentionable IMO): http://www.chicagonow.com/publius-fo...t-fbi-instead/
    Other Assorted Violence: http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/...olent<br /> /
    shame those things happened but as you said its not a liberal movement. i would classify it as a movement of the middle class ingeneral
    The Force shall free me.

10+ Year Old Account
    shame those things happened but as you said its not a liberal movement. i would classify it as a movement of the middle class ingeneral
    I think Democrats falling over themselves trying to proclaim Occupy as the left's counter to the Tea Party says otherwise:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...crats-20111010
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I think Democrats falling over themselves trying to proclaim Occupy as the left's counter to the Tea Party says otherwise:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...crats-20111010
    does it surprise you that they would try to claim it as there own? sure democrats would love to have a blue covered counter to the tea party(more like Lucifer party >_>) but it doesn't make it true

edit:after reading the article, i would say embracing a movement and claiming the movement is left centered are different
    Last edited by durza; 2012-05-09 at 05:25 AM.
    The Force shall free me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's middle class, but super liberal Americans. Of course these people aren't mainstream Liberals or even Democrats. However, given the probability of them overwhelmingly voting Obama, I think it's fair to say they are liberals. Super wacko terrorist liberals(hell, I saw a leader of OWS try to claim the rapists and violent protestors were paid by the NYPD in order to discredit them), but liberals nonetheless. I like to view them as a foil to the Tea Party. IMO, OWS is to Democrats as the Tea Party is to Republicans. Both are forced to support a "watered-down" version of the candidate they would like to see.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2012-05-09 at 05:28 AM.
    Stop dating strippers.
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I don't think it's middle class, but super liberal Americans. Of course these people aren't mainstream Liberals or even Democrats. However, given the probability of them overwhelmingly voting Obama, I think it's fair to say they are liberals. Super wacko terrorist liberals, but liberals nonetheless. I like to view them as a foil to the Tea Party. IMO, OWS is to Democrats as the Tea Party is to Republicans. Both are forced to support a "watered-down" version of the candidate they would like to see.
    claiming OWS is built of wacko terrorist is a bit extreme. sure there are some crazys,there are people that dont care about political issue at all and just go there to start shit and discredit the movement as a whole but those people are the very small minority
    The Force shall free me.

10+ Year Old Account
    claiming OWS is built of wacko terrorist is a bit extreme. sure there are some crazys,there are people that dont care about political issue at all and just go there to start shit and discredit the movement as a whole but those people are the very small minority
    When I said super wacko terrorists, I meant to describe only the violent and incindiary ones. I wasn't referring to the average OWS protestor, sorry for the confusion. But yeah that's true of course, just like how most Republicans are never associated with the racist and bigoted tendencies of the KKK.
    Oh wait...

With that said, yes I agree that the majority should not be defined by the news-making minority.
    Stop dating strippers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, and here I just thought they were pot smoking hippies who were just looking for a new place to camp and have drum circles and bang in tents.

Oh wait, I forget that up here in the north west, we don't get your normal OWS people.

I wish I was as attracted to hippies as they are to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Shit, and here I just thought they were pot smoking hippies who were just looking for a new place to camp and have drum circles and bang in tents.

Oh wait, I forget that up here in the north west, we don't get your normal OWS people.

I wish I was as attracted to hippies as they are to me.
    as a pot smoking hippie i am deeply offended by the negative tone of your post. SPREAD THE STARS,LOVE,BUTTERFLYS,AND WEALTH MAAAAAAN

also: you sound hot
    The Force shall free me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    Got any facts to back this up chief? I hate to tell you this but most people are against gay marriage. Most of this is rambling opinion, very poorly written I may add.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8471DW20120508

I wonder what are the numbers for partnerships or w/e.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:43 AM ----------

Other than that the democratic party is pretty much against religion on every issue?

And by religion I mean Christianity.
    There's anti-theocracy and anti-Christianity. Dems go for the former, not the latter.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:44 AM ----------

It's not the republicans taking down Christmas trees and mangers.
    It wasn't liberals who were opposed to the mosque by WTC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8471DW20120508

I wonder what are the numbers for partnerships or w/e.
    sweet sweet blood dripping vindication. thank you for your superior fact checking skills
    The Force shall free me.