10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Not sure why you would need to ignore Smrund.
    I wouldn't, I try not to ignore anyone. It a joke about all the ignore talk over the last couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not certain what to say.
    I'm trying really hard not to do what you do to everyone and just claim its political bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    on what your own opinion is? no one else's but yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, it really shouldn't be a change of pace to see some respect between parties. That said, good on Romney.

Man, it really shouldn't be a change of pace to see some respect between parties. That said, good on Romney.
    I'm not sure how you think that was respect between the parties. It was a completely back handed remark.

It was giving credit where credit was due in order to underhandedly discredit everything else. His goal wasn't to give Clinton props for a fair speech, it was to use Clinton as an example of why all the other Democrats are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Shame on me for not reading the entire article then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    It was giving credit where credit was due in order to underhandedly discredit everything else. His goal wasn't to give Clinton props for a fair speech, it was to use Clinton as an example of why all the other Democrats are terrible.
    Clinton was probably the only rationale and coherent speaker I saw.

I wasn't even really offended by the format of X statistics + Y statistic + romney/ryan + the slickster says so as proof line of reasoning he used, it was deceptive but clever enough that fact checking it yields nothing. Course the only "fact" was the slickster's condemnation.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Shame on me for not reading the entire article then.
    I did read the whole article, and you should too. Because it wasn't backhanded, and there didn't seem to be a nefarious motivation behind it. It was a compliment, and when questioned on it, he seemed uncomfortable reaffirming what he said (not uncommon for Romney /rimshot). That smells true to me.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a race to the bottom of the toilet, the GOP and Democratic Party are in a dead heat it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I did read the whole article, and you should too. Because it wasn't backhanded, and there didn't seem to be a nefarious motivation behind it. It was a compliment, and when questioned on it, he seemed uncomfortable reaffirming what he said (not uncommon for Romney /rimshot). That smells true to me.
    "yeah Clinton was great, just shows how much all of you suck"

not backhanded at all.

In a race to the bottom of the toilet, the GOP and Democratic Party are in a dead heat it would seem.
    One of them had a big head start though.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

The one who started this recession?

Yep it would be you and your Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    The one who started this recession?
    I agree that we shouldn't vote for George W Bush in the next election.

I agree that we shouldn't vote for George W Bush in the next election.
    We should vote for people who support the same exact things. I'm honestly not sure where the state GOP position differs from that of the Bush era except so far as its more to the right on social issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying the GOP is doing worse because they're now even with the Democratic party. I'm inclined to agree, a lot of what the GOP does is rather shit.

So you're saying the GOP is doing worse because they're now even with the Democratic party. I'm inclined to agree, a lot of what the GOP does is rather shit.
    I think the 5-6 months of attack ads they ran against Romney is a head start that would be pretty hard to beat in terms of negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "yeah Clinton was great, just shows how much all of you suck"

not backhanded at all.
    I'm sorry, I must have missed that part. What paragraph was that in?