Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    To be fair, Israel doesn't want to talk about Iran, they just want the US to be their shield while they blow the crap out of Iran on suspicions and general asshattery. Obama will accomplish more by trying to have a serious discussion with Jay-Z on the state of Russia than with Israel on Iran.
    i suspect there are too many things he doesn't want to say/would have to say in a conversation with israel right now. he'd end up being forced to say either "we'll back you to the hilt, no matter if you go full retard or not" or "fuck no, you're on your own if you jump out of a window". neither is palatable at any time, let alone during an election

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Obviously standards change. But reddit is a festering mass of anonymous internet jackassery.
    Jackasses are citizens too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Not sure why you would be inclined to say that. Still assuming I'm a Republican parrot? I'm still not.
    Not sure how you took my statement as "you are a Republican parrot". Just so you are aware I said that because generally when the first thing someone says in response is to start pointing out flaws, that generally indicates that they aren't supportive of the idea.

I happened to note that you seemed to end up creating an argument that would support it so I replied.

Either way it's not a big deal -- don't read too much into my attempts to be Sherlock Holmes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 09:40 AM ----------

I think we should handcuff the president to the desk in the oval office for the entire four years he is in term. We should have his chair be a makeshift port-a-potty and meals can be brought to him. He can sleep when he passes out from exhaustion and then we'll be sure to wake him up after a bit to make sure time isn't wasted.

Because clearly -- if the president is doing anything else other than presidential stuff, he is wasting precious time!
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i suspect there are too many things he doesn't want to say/would have to say in a conversation with israel right now. he'd end up being forced to say either "we'll back you to the hilt, no matter if you go full retard or not" or "fuck no, you're on your own if you jump out of a window". neither is palatable at any time, let alone during an election
    Nope, which is why being Israel's bed-buddy pisses me off most of the time because they're rarely, if ever, interested in actual diplomacy. But we do need a president who is willing to tell Israel to sit down and behave for 5 minutes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, which is why being Israel's bed-buddy pisses me off most of the time because they're rarely, if ever, interested in actual diplomacy. But we do need a president who is willing to tell Israel to sit down and behave for 5 minutes.
    Agreed. The shit I see them pull is pretty disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Not sure how you took my statement as "you are a Republican parrot". Just so you are aware I said that because generally when the first thing someone says in response is to start pointing out flaws, that generally indicates that they aren't supportive of the idea.

I happened to note that you seemed to end up creating an argument that would support it so I replied.

Either way it's not a big deal -- don't read too much into my attempts to be Sherlock Holmes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 09:40 AM ----------

I think we should handcuff the president to the desk in the oval office for the entire four years he is in term. We should have his chair be a makeshift port-a-potty and meals can be brought to him. He can sleep when he passes out from exhaustion and then we'll be sure to wake him up after a bit to make sure time isn't wasted.

Because clearly -- if the president is doing anything else other than presidential stuff, he is wasting precious time!
    I don't get the hate Obama is getting from trying to relax. I don't know about anyone else but if I would want a president who's at least less stressed in the most important job in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I don't get the hate Obama is getting from trying to relax. I don't know about anyone else but if I would want a president who's at least less stressed in the most important job in the world.
    I'm fine with the idea that Obama has to do these things to relieve stress. But if that's the case, I would simply say that I'd rather have someone in the office who can handle the stress a little more effectively.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 01:17 PM ----------

That would be George Bush senior. He told the Israelis that if they didn't stop building in the West Bank and Gaza he would ask Congress to suspend their loan guarantees. And then along came Bill Clinton...

I just don't get the criticisms at all. I don't have his personal schedule, but I'd be willing to wager he has other things to do in NYC, and Letterman just happened to fit into it. And then, omg, he's so lazy because he likes to golf and play basketball. Even though we know full well there's a team of aides and a pile of communication equipment nearby, and he can be in touch with anyone in the world, doing presidenting, in seconds. Remember what Bush was doing when 9/11 happened?

(Note: I'm not one who ever criticized Bush for going to his ranch. To be fair).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, 4 years of being chained to the desk. Solves all the problems.
    Forum badass alert:

Like I said, 4 years of being chained to the desk. Solves all the problems.
    There are plenty of things to do while chained to the desk! He could open the window and play frisbee with the secret service guys in the lawn! Or... He could see how many pencils he could get to stick in the ceiling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There are plenty of things to do while chained to the desk! He could open the window and play frisbee with the secret service guys in the lawn! Or... He could see how many pencils he could get to stick in the ceiling!
    I suddenly have a burning desire to know what presidents do in the oval office when they are slacking off.

I can totally see presidents tossing pencils at the ceiling.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    And the next guy comes in on a rainy day and says "Alright. Where'd the holes come from?"
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I suddenly have a burning desire to know what presidents do in the oval office when they are slacking off.
    lol. The possibilities are endless.

Last time I had an office job, I perfected the skill of banking rubber bands off the ceiling and getting them to hit people in other cubicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    lol. The possibilities are endless.

Last time I had an office job, I perfected the skill of banking rubber bands off the ceiling and getting them to hit people in other cubicles.
    How often is the president actually alone? Do the secret service just stand outside the office or is there someone inside the room at all times? I would imagine when he's showering, pooping, or getting freaky with WonderArms the secret service isn't watching.

although you never know....
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I'm fine with the idea that Obama has to do these things to relieve stress. But if that's the case, I would simply say that I'd rather have someone in the office who can handle the stress a little more effectively.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 01:17 PM ----------

That would be George Bush senior. He told the Israelis that if they didn't stop building in the West Bank and Gaza he would ask Congress to suspend their loan guarantees. And then along came Bill Clinton...
    Something tells me you vastly underestimate the amount of stress being the President is, regardless if they're good at handling stress. Regardless of who you are, you need to relieve it or you'll snap and make bad judgement calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Shall we talk about how much vacation Bush took?

Inb4 -- OMG YOU ARE BRINGING UP BUSH AGAIN GET OVER IT RABBLE RABBLE
    Forum badass alert:

How often is the president actually alone? Do the secret service just stand outside the office or is there someone inside the room at all times? I would imagine when he's showering, pooping, or getting freaky with WonderArms the secret service isn't watching.

although you never know....
    Well, Monica Lewinsky is pitching a new book to publishers so wait a few months and you may find out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Well, Monica Lewinsky is pitching a new book to publishers so wait a few months and you may find out!
    "And it was really creepy cause the secret service guy was watching the whole time!"

(That's about all I could go with or risk getting the wrath of the mods for getting too vulgar)
    Forum badass alert:

"And it was really creepy cause the secret service guy was watching the whole time!"

(That's about all I could go with or risk getting the wrath of the mods for getting too vulgar)
    I'm waiting for Gloria Allred to show up announcing a lawsuit because Willy was smoking cigars at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Stress relief at its finest!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!