Everyone knows I am totally cool calm and collect and never blow any topic out of proportion due to my emotional feelings. I couldn't even say that with a straight face.Sometimes my emotions do get high if I can't be sincere about that. How can we have a sincere discussion. I just had one of those "OMG moments" A person taking people to register voters in Texas. Is only regstering ROMENY SUPPORTERS. Thanks to the under cover work is no doubt a Obama supporter. I give you voter suppression 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    lol like I said he is a good orator. Technically he has only killed one American traitor, but how many people died during peaceful protest thanks to Ghandi or MLK?

You have orators that can incite people to war and you have ones that can deliver the message in a more passive way.
    Blaming MLK or Ghandi for the deaths of their followers due to the violent actions of others is reaching.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    No what Obama did was called being smart.
    Bush does these things: "War Criminal". Obama continues what bush did and expands it even wider: "Smart".
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-09-25 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Bush does these things: "War Criminal". Obama does these things, but worse: "Smart".
    To be fair, I prefer the use of drones to the use of soldiers. It's still shitty though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so not a fan of the turn in the conversation so I will attempt to derail into something more productive...

There is an article released in the Chicago Tribune today that states that voter registration is very low.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,7042051.story

Chicago is one of those "turns a red state blue" cities.

I wonder if voter turnout will be low across the board this time around, or if one candidate is going to suffer more than the other?

What do you think?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    To be fair, I prefer the use of drones to the use of soldiers. It's still shitty though.
    My thought process is these guys are so ready to die for the cause, so President Obama is just helping them along. The faster they die the faster they get their 72 virgins. I call this a win/win for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm so not a fan of the turn in the conversation so I will attempt to derail into something more productive...

There is an article released in the Chicago Tribune today that states that voter registration is very low.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,7042051.story

Chicago is one of those "turns a red state blue" cities.

I wonder if voter turnout will be low across the board this time around, or if one candidate is going to suffer more than the other?

What do you think?
    I live in a town of about 30k in Illinois and nearly everyone here is a Democrat. I'll see one Republican sign for maybe every 10 Democrat signs

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Everyone knows I am totally cool calm and collect and never blow any topic out of proportion due to my emotional feelings. I couldn't even say that with a straight face.Sometimes my emotions do get high if I can't be sincere about that. How can we have a sincere discussion. I just had one of those "OMG moments" A person taking people to register voters in Texas. Is only regstering ROMENY SUPPORTERS. Thanks to the under cover work is no doubt a Obama supporter. I give you voter suppression 2.0

There really, really needs to be a complete overhaul in the whole system of registering voters. It's far too haphazard and open to abuses like we see in the video, or what we have seen being done in State legislatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    There really, really needs to be a complete overhaul in the whole system of registering voters. It's far too haphazard and open to abuses like we see in the video, or what we have seen being done in State legislatures.
    People are idiots is the bigger problem. Being a Republican or a Democrat doesn't mean you have to vote for a Republican or Democrat respectively. I laughed the other day when I enlightened a young girl, for whom this is her first election in which she gets to vote, that she can vote for ANYONE. Even people NOT on the ballot!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'd like to get an authenticity check on this before I make much of it. That girl looks to be about 16 years old, doesn't seem to even know who she works for, and there's absolutely no context at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd like to get an authenticity check on this before I make much of it. That girl looks to be about 16 years old, doesn't seem to even know who she works for, and there's absolutely no context at all.
    well, i agree that we cant just go crazy with the "zomg GOP is evil!!!" here, but id say it does expose a serious flaw in the system, exploitable by anybody with an agenda. granted, it would do nothing against a populace that was knowledgeable about its rights and voting process

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Bush does these things: "War Criminal". Obama continues what bush did and expands it even wider: "Smart".
    It's the difference between starting something and dealing with it. Completely different situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's the difference between starting something and dealing with it. Completely different situation.
    Your argument has no ground to stand on as Obama has drastically expanded what Bush was doing.

It's real. The local news report is that she works for the Romney campaign, and that her confusion about who she works for was because she has to turn in the ballots to the County Clerk's Office.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/29...deo-goes-viral

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    It's real. The local news report is that she works for the Romney campaign, and that her confusion about who she works for was because she has to turn in the ballots to the County Clerk's Office.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/29...deo-goes-viral
    So, a Romney campaigner is looking to register people to vote. That doesn't seem ethical, to me, but it also doesn't sound illegal. I was under the impression both parties did that. Am I wrong?

I love Obama. I pay taxes and receive no hand outs. He has my vote secure for ONE reason.

At least once in a while he tells you what he is going to do. The other guy just seems more concerned with pointing fingers. Ever notice how when bad news happens he jumps on it without hesitation. Ever notice now he really never lets you know more then he needs to tell you. I personally went to one of his rally speeches to see it for myself. All he does is rally the crowd against the evil left wing President and then at the end gives you 2-3 mins of a power point style bullet hit that doesn't really tell you anything.

Not to mention thought the crowd I heard to much "N word" this, "Muslim terrorist" that, "not born in America" crap for me to ever be associated with those people. Even though I happen to agree with A FEW of this views I cannot give him my support with a crowd like. Not to mention his parties social views have more of a dark age anti-science view to them then any practical thought. Which I find hideous.

So, a Romney campaigner is looking to register people to vote. That doesn't seem ethical, to me, but it also doesn't sound illegal. I was under the impression both parties did that. Am I wrong?
    honestly dont know. i cant say that i like it, whoever is doing it tbh. i would rather have far better voter education and far more access for voters

Yes.

She works for the RNC victory office. It's legal for party workers to target supporters of a particular candidate during voter registration drives, but they can't deny forms to people who back another candidate.

Deleted
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1914154.html

Ralph Nader: Obama Is A 'War Criminal' Who Has Been 'More Aggressive' Than George W. Bush

Pretty much yeah. I understand that liberals think Romney is worse and that's why they support Obama, but the sort of admiration liberals have for Obama stems either from ignorance or hypocricy. It's sickening.

How much admiration do you think liberals have for Obama's stance on foreign policy with regard to this kind of stuff?

Its not much.