10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    And your a Bush Bot. Think about it. Bush started the war against the UN wishes. He got us into this mess. Now you want to praise him from bringing the troops home. He's the one who sent them away for ten years. An average deployment is 1-2 years a at a time. I mean come on.
    You need to go back and fact-check that real quick. You might be disturbed at what you find.

Deleted
    And your a Bush Bot. Think about it. Bush started the war against the UN wishes. He got us into this mess. Now you want to praise him from bringing the troops home. He's the one who sent them away for ten years. An average deployment is 1-2 years a at a time. I mean come on.
    I don't praise Bush at all, I'm just saying that Obama didn't bring back the troops because he likes peace but because he was forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I don't praise Bush at all, I'm just saying that Obama didn't bring back the troops because he likes peace but because he was forced to.
    He still had a choice. Like every President if they don't agree with the prior one did. They could easily change it. Nice distraction for the thousands of people Bush killed with his war.

I went on HuffPost and saw the numbers for this expensive war that Bush put us in.

We hit a bit a miletstone.

Afghanistan War: 2,000th U.S. Soldier Killed In Insider Attack

I still do not know why we're there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1926536.html
    I think it was just a good ol fashion retribution for 9/11. Truthfully, I think it's the one war we only should've kept at and not turn our attention away to Bush's revenge for Daddy's war. Who knows, could've caught/killed Bin Laden sooner and then gotten out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I think it was just a good ol fashion retribution for 9/11. Truthfully, I think it's the one war we only should've kept at and not turn our attention away to Bush's revenge for Daddy's war. Who knows, could've caught/killed Bin Laden sooner and then gotten out sooner.
    The US could have gotten bin Laden almost instantly handed over to them by the Taliban (like 3 days after they started bombing) but Bush did not want to negotiate. The Taliban wanted to hand him over to a third country/international court.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know a person alive who would call themselves a Bush bot. The man isn't trendy or overhyped enough.

Notice that you don't reject his allegations of being Obama Girl.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-09-30 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Durr Double Post
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I don't know a person alive who would call themselves a Bush bot. The man isn't trendy or overhyped enough.

I am a strong supporter of Obama. As for Mitt. I don't know any of his plans because he won't tell us. All I know is that Bush started the war and democrafts are trying to end it. Yet what have the republican's done that is praise worthy. I only started paying attention to poltic's since Bush but I can't find a time where they have actually improved situations.

I mean look at the senate and house. Republican's voted 33 times to repeal ObamaCare and they knew it would not pass. We're wasting money on their pay checks while millions of American's hang in the balance. I firmly support the message Obama is bringing.

Deleted
    I am a strong supporter of Obama. As for Mitt. I don't know any of his plans because he won't tell us. All I know is that Bush started the war and democrafts are trying to end it. Yet what have the republican's done that is praise worthy. I only started paying attention to poltic's since Bush but I can't find a time where they have actually improved situations.

I mean look at the senate and house. Republican's voted 33 times to repeal ObamaCare and they knew it would not pass. We're wasting money on their pay checks while millions of American's hang in the balance. I firmly support the message Obama is bringing.
    1. Republicans did nothing praise worthy when it came to the wars.
    2. Democrats aren't trying to end the wars, altough a lot of liberal supporters were against the wars earlier when a Republican was in office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know it doesn't cite the terms agreed ed on Bush. He cites a promise kept by his own campaign. Your sincerely saying Bush had already planned to end the war. He started. I don't see them praising Bush in the article.
    You won't find any praise or even much in the way of truthfulness for anything Bush did in a HuffPo article. It's like looking for praise for Obama from FoX News.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Most liberals I know, at least around here, are still against the wars and certainly against starting new ones. The sentiment we have is basically "why spend so much money and American lives policing the world when we should be working to improve our own nation." With the politics involved I'll admit I'm at a loss as to accomplish this myself, particularly in such a strongly partisan government era.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post

Indeed, the people that support Bush's policies insist that they don't support Bush's policies. That's not actually complimentary of them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    He wasn't forced to do anything. He could have done what Bush did and change his plans. To give credit to Bush for ending a war when he is not even in office, is praise.

With all the blame that gets shifted to Obama from Bushes term, it's pretty funny that happened on Obama's term, is getting shifted to Bush.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You need to go back and fact-check that real quick. You might be disturbed at what you find.
    What do you mean?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3661134.stm
    The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    You won't find any praise or even much in the way of truthfulness for anything Bush did in a HuffPo article. It's like looking for praise for Obama from FoX News.
    Why doesn't fox news praise Bush anymore? Huffington is not unique to not praising Bush...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Why doesn't fox news praise Bush anymore? Huffington is not unique to not praising Bush...
    <insert huge /whoosh pic here>

Did you read the conversation step by step or just respond to my comment? You seem to have missed some of it.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    <insert huge /whoosh pic here>

Did you read the conversation step by step or just respond to my comment? You seem to have missed some of it.
    Your solution to me not reading is to troll, instead of correcting me? If you actually have a point, feel free to say it. I am sorry, but I have no constructive reply to this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Your solution to me not reading is to troll, instead of correcting me? If you actually have a point, feel free to say it. I am sorry, but I have no constructive reply to this crap.
    The point, I believe, is that when Bush was in office, Fox was very positive on him, similar to how the Huffington Post is positive on Obama now. It's regarding coverage of Bush and Obama when they were serving their respective terms.

Now, I don't actually remember how Fox handled the Bush presidency in terms of the tone of their coverage, so whether they were positive or not is something for KingHorse to field, since that's what he was talking about. Or so I assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The point, I believe, is that when Bush was in office, Fox was very positive on him, similar to how the Huffington Post is positive on Obama now. It's regarding coverage of Bush and Obama when they were serving their respective terms.
    But, the fact that Fox news no longer praises Bush, makes huffington consistent, while Fox not at all. That's what I am saying, just like huffington in the past, so is just about everyone now. In retrospect, with the way Bush is handled by not only the media, but his own political party. The fact that huffington never praised Bush, should lend them credibility and take it away from Fox, with the way even Fox handles Bush.

Now, I don't actually remember how Fox handled the Bush presidency in terms of the tone of their coverage, so whether they were positive or not is something for KingHorse to field, since that's what he was talking about. Or so I assume.
    They were squirrels and Bush hand all the nut supply. To compare Fox praise of Bush to Huffington dealing on Obama, is a joke. Espeacialy considering how fox handles Bush now, which is what I am saying.

If he simply answered the question of why Fox no longer praises Bush, it should have answered why huffington didn't and aren't praising him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Huffington Post as positive on Obama as Fox was with Bush? I don't really pay attention to either of them for news.

I don't really pay attention to either of them for news.
    That's a pretty good plan.

HuffPo isn't awful because its liberal. Its awful because its nothing but a mash up of side boob and poorly written blogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Huffington Post as positive on Obama as Fox was with Bush? I don't really pay attention to either of them for news.
    Oh, hell to the no. Check out some old daily shows, funny to boot. It might be hard to find huffington post articles on Bushes first term or second election. They were founded in 2005.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 03:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    HuffPo isn't awful because its liberal. Its awful because its nothing but a mash up of side boob and poorly written blogs.
    And you must hate everything that is aol! Those bastards!