Bloomberg let it out. Mitt Romney indeed paid no taxes for the years he is refusing to release his returns.
    SOURCE
    No taxes paid the years 1996-2009.
    Now who do you think will be the first to apologize to Harry for calling him a liar?
    Details within.
    Last edited by Swargle; 2012-11-05 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I was using Santorum as an example, not endorsing him.
    John Huntsman was the ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY moderate Republican out of all of the looney patrol that got paraded in front of us during the primaries. Easily if he was the candidate this would have been over by now.

Republicans need someone who will stand up to their bat shit right part of their party.

Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    Bloomberg let it out. Mitt Romney indeed paid no taxes for the years he is refusing to release his returns.
    SOURCE

Details within.

Damn that was reported back on the 28th and made nothing of a blip on the main stream media

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    SOURCE
    No taxes paid the years 1996-2009.
    Now who do you think will be the first to apologize to Harry for calling him a liar?
    Details within.
    From what I can tell in that article, the Charitable Remainder Unitrust is only worth about a half million dollars. How could that keep his tax rate at or near zero?

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    John Huntsman was the ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY moderate Republican out of all of the looney patrol that got paraded in front of us during the primaries. Easily if he was the candidate this would have been over by now.

Republicans need someone who will stand up to their bat shit right part of their party.
    The point I was trying to make had little to do with the composition of the Republican field though. It was a general comment that if parties want their primary results to help them win elections, they should heavily weight those primary results towards swing states when they're finally nominating their candidates. Why should it matter to the Republicans which candidate won a primary in New York or Texas?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that was reported back on the 28th and made nothing of a blip on the main stream media
    I'm honestly not sure why this would be a surprise to anyone. I've maintained for a looooong time now that Romney is hiding his tax returns because he took full and legal advantage of the system to pay extremely low taxes. It's not illegal but would not be even remotely popular, so he's sitting on them.

He's a rich guy who did rich guy accounting. I don't really hold it against him cause anyone else in that situation would do the same.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

The point I was trying to make had little to do with the composition of the Republican field though. It was a general comment that if parties want their primary results to help them win elections, they should heavily weight those primary results towards swing states when they're finally nominating their candidates. Why should it matter to the Republicans which candidate won a primary in New York or Texas?
    Repubs just made a terrible choice honestly. They pick a Mormon 1%'r who was whiter then the color white and has male views on women from the 50's.

Faux news will blame it on the food stamp vote, but that is clinically insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Repubs just made a terrible choice honestly.
    It was the best choice from the pool of primary candidates though. I have no clue why the GOP flailed about so badly trying to find a candidate this election cycle. Although it was pretty hilarious to watch.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It was the best choice from the pool of primary candidates though. I have no clue why the GOP flailed about so badly trying to find a candidate this election cycle. Although it was pretty hilarious to watch.
    I'm sure Pawlenty was kicking himself for bowing out so early.

Repubs just made a terrible choice honestly. They pick a Mormon 1%'r who was whiter then the color white and has male views on women from the 50's.

Faux news will blame it on the food stamp vote, but that is clinically insane.
    Who were they supposed to pick? Santorum? Gingrich?

Clown car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm sure Pawlenty was kicking himself for bowing out so early.
    Whaaaaat? Nominate a moderate Republican with 8 years of experience as a Governor in which he showed no sign of flip-flopping on any significant issue?

Crazy talk.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Whaaaaat? Nominate a moderate Republican with 8 years of experience as a Governor in which he showed no sign of flip-flopping on any significant issue?

Crazy talk.
    exactly. they should have written that lady that used to be a witch, but is a good christian now

Crazy talk.
    My only issue with him is that he took a bunch of IOUs from schools to balance the budget, but apparently every Republican governor does that these days (looks across the river to Scott Walker).

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    My only issue with him is that he took a bunch of IOUs from schools to balance the budget, but apparently every Republican governor does that these days (looks across the river to Scott Walker).
    Yeah, his no tax increase thing basically transferred tax burdens from the state level to the local level. His state doesn't have much discretionary spending in the budget to cut, and education was one that he could reach to balance his budgets. I think tuition at the U went up something like 17% per year during his first four years in office, for example.

But... that was to be expected. Kind of funny. Hey look, my state tax hasn't increased! But my property taxes and sales taxes have... oh well, Go Pawlenty!

I think tuition at the U went up something like 17% per year during his first four years in office, for example.
    Still not as bad as Ventura. That guy was a joke. He gets the college kids to go out and win him the election, and the first thing he does is fuck them over.

Maybe he should run for President!

Maybe he should run for President!
    Listen to 93X in the morning. Nick does a very great impression of The Body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4yWgyxt8rc

15+ Year Old Account
    James Doti for president. 10th highest paid College President.

Therefore he clearly understands the value of both Education AND money.

Plus he's already been one type of president, how different is another?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I'm sold, Mistuhbull. I'll be writing in his name tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sold, Mistuhbull. I'll be writing in his name tomorrow.
    I wrote him in for I think mayor of the city.

This is what happens when people reregister for where they're at college, we mess with your local elections mwahahahahhahaha
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    I wrote him in for I think mayor of the city.

This is what happens when people reregister for where they're at college, we mess with your local elections mwahahahahhahaha
    I remember voting for Samuel Adams, because it's always a good decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow is a very important day in the history of our nation. As a people we have a choice to make. Do you want to live in a country where the Government is bloated, out of control and massive beyond belief? A country where you will continue to see more and more regulations on your daily life like SOPA/PIPA and the NDAA etc. Or do you want a government that adheres to the Constitution and the principles of the founding fathers? A smaller Government, a smarter Government that won't drag this country into bankruptcy and economic collapse. One where the basic and fundamental liberties of your right to Life, Libery and the Pursuit of Happiness are not infringed. The choice is yours! My vote is for the Constitution and the dream that my children and my children's children can grow up in an America that still prospers and values freedom of the individual...the choice is yours. Vote Romney/Ryan 2012!!!
    Live Free...