Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Remember, 91.4% chance still means Romney has an 8.6% chance according to the model. Silver isn't wrong even if Romney gets elected (unless you can repeat the election a statistically significant number of times and Romney doesn't win 8.6% of them).
    Run it 100 times. What? 8.7%?! GET YOUR TORCHES!

10+ Year Old Account
    We shouldn't forget that voting for a candidate is a point of responsibility for the things they do that you disagree with, as was the case when we were discussing Republican candidates. You may not agree with or approve of everything they do, but you are in part responsible for them being in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    That's gonna be one of those sit com thanksgivings where it starts out all nice and elaborate but hits some critical issue that was long since hidden underneath, it all goes to hell but then at the last minute everyone remembers why they love eachother and why it's thanksgiving.
    Lol no, he's hardcore Tea Party so I just become an ass to him. On Facebook earlier he put: "Who do you want to elect tomorrow? A "man" that wants to turn our once great nation is a blubering, godless, Eastern European nation and calls anyone who opposes him a racist? Or Mitt Romney?"

That was a copy paste from his status earlier. Yeah. Be jealous.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Lol no, he's hardcore Tea Party so I just become an ass to him. On Facebook earlier he put: "Who do you want to elect tomorrow? A "man" that wants to turn our once great nation is a blubering, godless, Eastern European nation and calls anyone who opposes him a racist? Or Mitt Romney?"

That was a copy paste from his status earlier. Yeah. Be jealous.
    And taunting him accomplishes what? Other than personal, short-term gratification, you just make political hatred and partisanship worse.

[e] Anyways, off to bed for the night. Early and long day tomorrow. Try not to kill each other tomorrow guys.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-11-06 at 02:37 AM.

Really, you are labeling me. You should go back and read your previous posts. You've basically said that Republican social policies don't affect me, which makes it easy to ignore, and that I am apathetic simply because I feel a certain outcome to be likely in the American way of government.

Do you support every single one of the policies held by the Democrats, or whichever party you tend to affiliate yourself with? How do you rationalize agreeing with said party even though you may disagree with those policies?
    well, thats exactly what you said though. "it wont affect me anyways". the only reason *anyone* can support such policies is because they rationalize that they wont be affected. the problem is that these issues are very different from most since they deal with the human rights of americans. there is no getting around the fact that something else is taking precedence over those to republican voters. these are just different times than when the worst decision was "do you prefer blue or red beauracracy".

Run it 100 times. What? 8.7%?! GET YOUR TORCHES!
    100 times is about the minimum of what I'd start to call statistically significant. :P

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    100 times is about the minimum of what I'd start to call statistically significant. :P
    The mere thought of this election happening 100 times in a row gives me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    And taunting him accomplishes what? Other than personal, short-term gratification, you just make political hatred and partisanship worse.
    It's really funny. He started this long before I got interested in politics. There is always going to be political hatred and partisanship, so my taunting one person won't matter at all really. In Illinois, his one vote doesn't matter much because he always votes party lines.

As I've mentioned before, I have a pretty expensive steak dinner bet on this election. Aside from that, my vested interest is pretty low... but come on chateaubriand!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As I've mentioned before, I have a pretty expensive steak dinner bet on this election. Aside from that, my vested interest is pretty low... but come on chateaubriand!
    Mmmm delicious meat.

Mmmm delicious meat.
    If that doesn't give ya a rooting interesting, nothing will. The girlfriend and I are going back home to visit for Thanksgiving weekend, and this is either going to be me dropping a couple hundred bucks on dinner or my dad. Either way, the food will be good, but I'm pretty sure the only thing more delicious than a good steak is a good free steak.

Also, there's no acrimony here. Friendly bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Also, there's no acrimony here. Friendly bet.
    Either way, you both get steak!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nate Silver is currently giving Obama a 91.4% chance of victory. I can't wait until Thanksgiving so I can taunt my Tea Party cousin!
    That's one in ten that he will lose, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Obama just jokingly took credit for the college football playoffs. After being reminded he wanted that to happen 4 years ago, he responded with 'promises kept... This is the change we can believe in'. Was pretty funny...

This is on Monday night football half time, missed Romney's because of a massive shit I had to take. Tried to wait for it, but had to run...

OT Edit: Vick with 0 points in fantasy vs the saints historically bad D this season. Damn... At least I am on a 2 game win streak, 2-7 baby! No sacko for me!
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-11-06 at 03:24 AM.

Either way, you both get steak!
    Any super secret order tips? I was basically just planning on the chateaubriand for two, split it with the girlfriend, either rare or medium rare depending what she's in the mood for.

Luckily, "expensive" is a relative term and we'll be in Buffalo, NY. Not exactly known for its expensive dining.

Nah, if it's a quality place, all a steak needs is some salt and pepper. Although if they have some kind of sauteed mushroom side I'd get that with the steak. They just go well together. I prefer medium rare for a quality cut like that, but to each their own.

Nah, if it's a quality place, all a steak needs is some salt and pepper. Although if they have some kind of sauteed mushroom side I'd get that with the steak. They just go well together. I prefer medium rare for a quality cut like that, but to each their own.
    Seasoning salt

10+ Year Old Account
    Salt after the crust has formed. It draws out the moisture, if you don't. I'm about 10 min from a NY steak that was a cow 48 hours ago. Booya!

Yeah, my usual order at the place I'm thinking is the wild mushrooms. Sometimes I feel lame getting the same thing, but I'm there maybe once every couple years, and steak, mushrooms, and a Cab Sauv pretty much does it for me. Great creme brulee there too.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I'm about 10 min from a NY steak that was a cow 48 hours ago. Booya!
    Give it a month

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Salt after the crust has formed. It draws out the moisture, if you don't. I'm about 10 min from a NY steak that was a cow 48 hours ago. Booya!
    The other day I learned what the "moisture" and "juices" in meat are made of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The other day I learned what the "moisture" and "juices" in meat are made of.
    Awsome? Sweet, sweet awsome?