Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"aggro" problem since 4.3.2

So I've been busy raiding... or I should say trying to raid

I'm in a guild that does some 10man raiding and we went into Dragon Soul to continue our killing, starting at Zon'ozz.
    Raid leader explains a little bit for the new people, we start the fight, I give the tank a couple seconds to not have threat problems, I go in to start attacking and a couple seconds later he turns towards me and kills me in one hint...as a result I sort of got yelled at to watch my threat while I'm sure I didn't even come close.
    Next pull I stare at omen while attacking the boss, I'm miles away from pulling aggro yet the boss turns towards me again and once again kills me in one hit. This time the tank was also watching omen and agreed I wasn't even close and he didn't understand it either.
    This kept happening over and over to the point where we all got seriously annoyed and went to firelands to kill Ragnaros.

Before leaving I of course had to deal with the obvious questions :
    - Were you watching your threat and making sure you weren't getting too close? Yes
    - Were you behind the boss to prevent being hit by his cleave? Yes (does he even have one?)

Going to Ragnaros...guess what, it happened again

As far as I know Ragnaros doesn't have a cleave attack but it happened a couple times where I took ~100k melee hits from Ragnaros while both our tanks were above me in threat :s

I'm so very confused, have no idea why or how this could happen. I always use windfury weapon & flametongue weapon imbues, don't even have rockbiter on my bars or keybind yet it looked like I used a taunt...while I don't have one.

Anyone had this happen before and reported this or am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2012-02-07 at 08:27 AM.

Well i've been tanking alot lately, hcs/raids/you name it, and my aggro keeps resetting for no reason, this has only happened when there is a enh shammy or a boomkin in my group... i have no idea why.

more obvious questions:
    -do you have any macros that someone could have added taunt into when they logged on your account?
    -is the tank getting bop'd?

both are bad and you should do neither in "normal circumpstances", but if you happen to cast UE while having Rockbiter Weapon you'll taunt. It's allways good to know in extremes cases, but few people are aware of this

edit : sorry, I should l2r before posting, never had this issue though

edit2 : I even managed to read you were elemental... should definitly not post so early in the morning...
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-02-07 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    more obvious questions:
    -do you have any macros that someone could have added taunt into when they logged on your account?
    I can only taunt when I've got rockbiter weapon imbue on one of my weapons and I never do, when this happened I also didn't have it on, I checked.
    Besides that nobody but me gets on my account.

-is the tank getting bop'd?
    No.

@Doomhammzorz :
    Interesting, when is the first time you noticed that?

Three possible solutions:
    - you taunted somehow
    - some bug with aggro
    - someone's fooling you around. The only thing that comes to my mind right now is some smart ass Hunter who overaggros and misdirect to you...

Something to check for Ragnaros. Is the tank in range? We had a number of occasion when running from the seeds in P2 where the tank would stray out of range, and the healer would take a full melee crack.

Dunno about Zon'Ozz. It's rare for DPS to pull threat against a tank, but if people have to watch threat it's possible your tanks are awful. Log your runs and upload to World of Logs when it happens...

Blood DK:Probably wasn't in Blood Pres.
    Warrior:Probably wasn't in Defensive Stance.
    Paladin:Probably didn't have Righteous Fury on.
    Bear Tank:Probably wasn't in bear form

I've also had bosses/mobs targetting me without being on top of threat.

For Rag, when you have fire near the boss and tanks move out too far (out of melee range), he hits someone else in melee range.

In dragon soul I blame the maps.

We once had zon'ozz goin in semi-evade mode for no reason. He just stopped moving and when the tank tried repositioning (he went out of melee range), and everyone in melee range got one shotted.

At madness, I've experience similar stuff with the rocks and tentacle.
    Last night we even had a bolt we couldn't attack and just wiped the raid.

I don't think it has to do with being enhance, just that some maps are a bit buggy. If the one on top of threat stands in a buggy map position, things start to behave weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone misdirecting or putting tricks of the trade onto you?

Deleted
    This is rather strange. But there is definitely a reason as to why this is happening. It could possibly be a bug, but then if that were true we would have heard of several reports of it.

Does anyone else have access to your computer? Do they have access to your wow account? Now this is a rather far-fetched idea but if someone does have access to your computer and wow account (thinking of a brother or friend, not having been hacked) they could have been really crafty and macrod it so instead of flametongue you could be putting on rockbiter.

#showtooltip flametongue weapon
    /cast rockbiter weapon

check your macros it's always a possibility.

Although did you specifically look at the debuffs that you were applying to the boss while this happened? Do you know if the rockbiter taunt debuff was actually put on the target or not? If you didn't see it there and were looking for it then obviously it's not you taunting. But if you don't look for it, you won't know for sure.

Without any more information we can only speculate on what happened having not actually been there for this strange occurrence. If you are at all able to provide logs of an occasion when it has happened then that should reveal some of the story.

EDIT: My far-fetched story of troll macros is giving me all sorts of evil ideas that I shall use on my brother >:D
    Last edited by mmocf34666f852; 2012-02-07 at 12:07 PM.

Same thing was happening to me yesterday.

I was tanking on my Paladin and was with a Rogue buddy from my guild.
    We was 2manning Blackwing Lair for god knows what reason.

Anyways! I pull Ebonroc and Ivoroc while he's over yonder looting. He joins after 10 seconds and starts blade flurry. I immidiately have to give him a salvation as he instnatly reaches my threat levels.

Honestly, i think something went way wrong in 4.3

Deleted
    I raided yesterday with enhancement shaman in DS, (I am protection warrior) and didn't have any problems. I usually blame our hunter when we have threat/aggro problems :P

This same thing just happened to me. Doing onyxia with a few friends and I was on my ele shammy, nowhere near the tank on aggro and yet she kept turning and attacking me til she killed me, and before you ask, no I didnt have rockbiter on my wep.

Deleted
    All things so far point to an annoying bug...time for a bug report :s

The tank on zon'ozz was in prot spec, didn't get bop'd, there was no rogue to use tricks and the hunter didn't use md.
    Someone messing with my macro's is not a possibility.

I'm hoping I saved the logs at zon'ozz, that could possible help to figure out what the hell happened, I'll check when I get home

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Same thing was happening to me yesterday.

I was tanking on my Paladin and was with a Rogue buddy from my guild.
    We was 2manning Blackwing Lair for god knows what reason.

Anyways! I pull Ebonroc and Ivoroc while he's over yonder looting. He joins after 10 seconds and starts blade flurry. I immidiately have to give him a salvation as he instnatly reaches my threat levels.

Honestly, i think something went way wrong in 4.3
    One of the drakes does a knockback that reduces aggro on its current target.

Use wind shear after a few attacks

Not trying to come off as a troll, but were you using Rockbiter weapon on either of your weapons? Only asking since with Unleash Elements, it will cause the enemy to attack you, while not showing you as having aggro. I've used this method myself on the Ultraxion trash to help the tanks get the whelps down faster.

Are you an engineer using the shield belt? If it fails it will either do an AoE taunt or give you a debuff that makes you get crit by enemies 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Uploaded log of the zon'ozz attempts :

Try 8 is one where I have no clue why I took the hit, taken from the full log with time so people know what to look for :

[19:46:41.989] Warlord Zon'ozz hits Alganor 42290 (A: 11465, B: 24151)
    That's zon'ozz' last hit on Alganor (our tank) found on http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=3512&page=47

[19:46:43.238] Warlord Zon'ozz hits Smashy 103389 (O: 26080)
    Nothing between these two hits that would redirect zon'ozz to me, no taunt, no tricks, no md, nothing...yet I got smacked

Full log :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...0yp/dashboard/