Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Warning: Rag heroic doesn't spawn unless all heroic bosses are down.

This is just a warning to others, we've just had to learn this the hard way.

We had to kill Beth'tilac on normal this week due to our lack of a second geared tank, finished off the instance clearing 6/7, everything on HC except Beth'tilac and rag won't spawn on HC for us.

Not seen anyone discussing it so I thought I would alert people of it just incase they're considering killing something on normal to get to rag quicker for that week.

I thought this was well known already...

Umm, why WOULD you expect Heroic Rag to spawn without clearing all the other bosses on Heroic?

Geez people, he's just trying to warn others.
    He means you have to kill everything on heroic on the same lockout, something that didn't happen on t11 raids for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    Geez people, he's just trying to warn others.
    He means you have to kill everything on heroic on the same lockout, something that didn't happen on t11 raids for example.
    Exactly. Since most people on these forums probably didn't even see Sinestra, all you had to kill on heroic in order to pull Sinestra, for example, was Cho'gall.

Umm, why WOULD you expect Heroic Rag to spawn without clearing all the other bosses on Heroic?
    Because thats how its been for all tier11 raids?

Do Halfus,Twins, Council normal.
    Do Cho'gall HC
    Spawn Sinestra
    Profit

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wondered this.

Stop jumping down his throat this is a legitimate post. In Tier 11 you didn't have to kill Conclave to do Al'akir, or any of the bosses in BWD to do Nefarian. Additionally BoT only required that you kill Heroic Cho'gall to access Sinestra.

I think this design is fine, but as noted it would be kinda annoying not to field a particular comp on a day and not have the option to skip right ahead.

thanks for the post, thats a legit thing that might save a raid for a lockout of no rag progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean we've cleared 6/7 HC obviously, but this week we had to kill Beth on normal due to the lack of a second geared tank and our roster not fitting the fight.

Like others have said, in T11 this wasn't the case, you could pull any boss on heroic without any prerequisites, other than Sinestra requiring Cho'gall.

I'm simply warning others before they make the same mistake we did and are forced to learn the hard way!

Thank you, Malefic.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    I mean we've cleared 6/7 HC obviously, but this week we had to kill Beth on normal due

to the lack of a second geared tank and our roster not fitting the fight.

Like others have said, in T11 this wasn't the case, you could pull any boss on heroic without any prerequisites, other than Sinestra requiring Cho'gall.

I'm simply warning others before they make the same mistake we did and are forced to learn the hard way!
    take what most of these idiots say with a grain of salt, half of them will probably never see H firelands.

thanks for the warning

Thanks to the OP.

I didnt know this, ignore the people who (stupidly) are calling you out for pointing out something helpful.

been wondering about this, thanks

Deleted
    Bump.. we made this mistake as well, this should be made better known

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Because it worked this way so far...

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of struck me as 'duh' but I guess you could make that mistake...I guess... somehow... REALLY!? *leaves before stuff is thrown*

Edit: well call us the stupid ones but we didn't expect him to spawn without all of them dead on the floor in heroic... and just assumed since most raids work that way that would be the case. Huh learn something new everyday I suppose.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2011-08-08 at 08:46 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm I though it worked like that - just like ICC before

Regardless this is good information

Thanks OP

Deleted
    I'm willing to bet that EVERYONE of you who said "durr hurr thats obvious u r dum!!11one" haven't even seen heroic Sinestra or Ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I'm willing to bet that EVERYONE of you who said "durr hurr thats obvious u r dum!!11one" haven't even seen heroic Sinestra or Ragnaros.
    Exactly
    Also, weren't you able to do Yogg 0 without actually doing the other HMs, since you had to actually talk to the keepers to activate them

Deleted
    It's never been this strict before tho, nor really any way of knowing beforehand...

ICC: Could do everything on normal except Putricide, Sindragosa and Blood Queen (this was announced by blizzard so common knowledge).
    RS: Could go heroic straight away.
    TotFW/BDW: Could do everything on normal and Nef/Al'Akir on hc.
    BoT: Could do everything on normal except Cho'gall in order to unlock Sinestra (again, announced by blizzard so also common knowledge).

FL: HAVE to do all 6 on hc to do last boss on hc (not announced by blizzard).

????????????