Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am very content with my Sona whom I play with my AP carry runes (me am very lazy and prefer to buy champs than rune pages). She can inflict serious damage during early game with her Power Accord / Q combo. Furthermore, she basically has 7 skills.
    - Free 20% Exhaust no AS debuff, but total damage output (Power Accord W)
    - 40% Slow (Power Accord E)
    - 2 nukes (Q and Power Accord Q)
    - Movement speed buff
    - armor and heal. While the Heal is not as powerful as Sorakas early on, especially with the lack of the armor buff, it is spammable and your HPS should be on par with Soraka's.
    - AE stun

Especially in late game, when you have ridded yourself of mana consideration and have your full skillset available, you provide a shitton of utility to your team. If you do not play against a poke-intense double damage lane, prepare your enemies for a serious world of hurt, where one good combo by YOU takes out 1/3 - 1/4 of the opponent's life.
    Last edited by Flextt; 2012-02-06 at 12:47 PM.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Personaly I pick support not to counter the opposite teams ad. But in most cases their jungler.

Say if its a rammus. I pick Janna. Since his ganks are so damn brutal, but the passive movement speed she provides, the howling gale, the slow... Makes it impossible for him to gank. But she fits well to counter most junglers.

If its lee sin. I tend to go with Alistar. Even tho Janna is pro at countering ganks. Alistar can tower dive kills fairly early in games. + His heal is extremely frustrating for the opposite ad to deal with for the last hitting minion part. Or if your Ad is safe to afk farm. You can allways roam and setup kills on the other lanes aswell.

Soraka is great, but im not a fan of her, since she cant set up for kills. however if its sustain power we are talking about. No one beats Soraka.

Sona is probably the best support in the game, since she has... well everything. Heal, buff, speed, aoe stun etc.

I only pick Taric if its a high AD team, or if i have a sivir / vayne on our team. Since he his mechanics work really well with them for burst dmg.

There are plenty of strong supports out there. But the mentioned ones are allways the ones i end up playing. ^^

Deleted
    I generally play Janna a lot more. Taking Heal/flash i can normally do pretty well. (I Don't take CV, should be able to judge a jungle route depending on champ, and im a ward whore) Heal helps make up for the lack of a sustained heal, shields rock since it increases the targets ad as well. Her ultimate has so many uses its unbelievable. Flash into baron ulti them out and steal, defensive push backs, flash/push back into our own turrets, and a sustained heal during a fight once activated, which is pretty strong. Under rated :<

Personally, i find Sona horrendously boring along with soraka since she cant set up for kills very well. Though when it comes to teams, i try work with what carry with have rather than what the other team has. S'all good if you can counter the lane your with, but if you work terribly with the carry, its not gonna be so good. (for example, Soraka + Any Carry that does not use mana = Fail)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envyious View Post
    I generally play Janna a lot more. Taking Heal/flash i can normally do pretty well. (I Don't take CV, should be able to judge a jungle route depending on champ, and im a ward whore) Heal helps make up for the lack of a sustained heal, shields rock since it increases the targets ad as well. Her ultimate has so many uses its unbelievable. Flash into baron ulti them out and steal, defensive push backs, flash/push back into our own turrets, and a sustained heal during a fight once activated, which is pretty strong. Under rated :<
    While Flash is awesome for ulti placement on Janna, I would never be able to go without CV. The countless amounts of times we've had successful ganks all thanks to a CV in the escape brush, clear vision over the entire area during a team fight, ability to check brush/area before going in for a ward, check dragon/baron for steals...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought Blitzcrank (+legendary skin because I'm stupid like that). Mostest Funnest Supportest evah!

If you land grabs.

Since Sona is getting a fairly substantial nerf in the Nautilus patch, I was considering trying Soraka or Janna.
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Soraka is getting nerfed as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post
    Since Sona is getting a fairly substantial nerf in the Nautilus patch, I was considering trying Soraka or Janna.
    Soraka aswell, im going with Janna/taric/alistar now.

Deleted
    I'm glad to see nerfs on Sona and Soraka. Hopefully this will make non-sustain support champions more viable picks.

Deleted
    Sona is only being nerfed very early game. Which wont change too much just a little less zoning.

Her Rank 5 Q aura will still be the same as if everyone on your team has an extra pickaxe for damage. And her passive + E = 40% slow for supporting ganks isnt changing either so she's still just as strong where she needs to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but that'll be lvl 9 instead of lvl 1.

Would like to see some more Janna's. And after some of them will have ruined my game in the first week of the patch, maybe a few good ones. Just a few. Plzzzzzzz
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.