Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When you hit 85...

My bear is about to hit 85 (tonight, tomorrow top) and I'll have 4k JP and 4K Honor to spend.
    My "main" goal is to tank dungeons, nothing else right now, what gear should I invest in with my points?

I looked at the JP gear and it doesn't look great which confuses me a bit !

Thanks

Deleted
    It is JP gear, you should not expect too much from it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the JP gear isnt all that great, but that's because they want you to atleast do some normals. And older heroics before you step into the newer content.
    Sadly, the older heroics are more or less deserted... So gearing a new 85 is very slow. Unless you want to spend alot of money on BoE's found on the AH.

Once you get enough to get into the hour of twilight heroics, things starts to get better again.

Sounds good... I'm in no rush, still, is there any "must have" piece of equipment I should buy ?

Did a little searching, this article might be a good place to start for you.

http://eaoexcursions.wordpress.com/2...-in-cataclysm/

Deleted
    Depending on the gear, the greatest ilv upgrade would usually be a solid choice too. Just keep in mind that you can buy 2,5k JP with your HP too. Resilience in PvE is pretty meh.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Babu View Post

Thanks!

This is what I did on my recent leveled alt.

Like you I had enough JP to buy one item as soon as I hit 85 so I got the chest. Then I purchased enough boe gear and put in my bag to get my ilevel up so that I could queue in the DS heroics. I got the VP chest because the other items were cheaper to purchase with gold.

Then I just limped my way through getting upgrades on every run. Yes, the other members carried me through but no one even mentioned it and in a few runs I had decent gear. If you can do runs with guildies, even better.

As I got better gear I would just re-sell the non equiped boe items that I used to queue.

You wouldn't want to do this queueing as a tank or healer obviously but is viable as dps.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Nysus View Post
    This is what I did on my recent leveled alt.

Like you I had enough JP to buy one item as soon as I hit 85 so I got the chest. Then I purchased enough boe gear and put in my bag to get my ilevel up so that I could queue in the DS heroics. I got the VP chest because the other items were cheaper to purchase with gold.

Then I just limped my way through getting upgrades on every run. Yes, the other members carried me through but no one even mentioned it and in a few runs I had decent gear. If you can do runs with guildies, even better.

As I got better gear I would just re-sell the non equiped boe items that I used to queue.

You wouldn't want to do this queueing as a tank or healer obviously but is viable as dps.
    I do the same on alts and it works a charm - remember most folks running now are way overgeared in heroics (and lfr) so they will pick up the slack for you. I would do this and have successfully done it even as a tank or heals and just sell back the 377 pvp gear as I fill that slot with drops.

Ignore the whiners and save yourself loads of time.

Deleted
    Honor wise, buy mastery gear. Cloak is probably a good choice and maybe a ring. Reforge that mastery to dodge.

Not only will it boost your ilvl higher but you also gain more of your best stats as a bear which are armor, stamina and agility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babu View Post

Very nice find. good to see people are so helpfull on the druid forum, much <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    Honor wise, buy mastery gear. Cloak is probably a good choice and maybe a ring. Reforge that mastery to dodge.

Not only will it boost your ilvl higher but you also gain more of your best stats as a bear which are armor, stamina and agility.
    That was mostly my problem... is the 391 honor gear better than the 378 JP gear?
    I mean, you get Expertise and Haste on most JP gear, which, from what I've read, is completly useless for bear.

If you're looking to tank, pick up the T11 JP trinket Fluid Death.

Reforge it to dodge and it's a great bear trinket. Decent enough for kitty too.

Personnaly when i hit 85 on my latest toon, i just bough off blue PvP gear(ilvl 377) on the AH, including cloak and ring. On my realm the whole set sells for a total of 5k, which is really worth it as i can skip to the HoT heroics within the first 15 minutes that i hit 85.

Of course resillience is useless in PvE, and yes your DPS will be low, you'll mainly get ''carried'' by the four others, but if you do good you'll gear up in no time. In a single day i was able to hit 85 on my pally, run some HoT heroics and then run LFR and get a decent 2h weapon upgrade, all in the same day

Fluid Death, Ruthless gladiator's choker of prowess, ruthless gladiator's cape of prowess, tier12 legs

Pfft, who wants some lousy 378 LAST TIER'S RAID GEAR as soon as you ding 85? ¬_¬

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post

Oh my god.. Don't listen to him. There is no armor on cloak and ring

Buy PvP head and buy PvP shoulders. PvP gear itemlevel is higher(403/390), so you will get more armor/stamina/agility than from 378 gear, and 2p set bonus will give you additional 70 agility as bonus.
    Everything else you can get within 2-3 days with Justice Points or by farming HoT dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Oh my god.. Don't listen to him. There is no armor on cloak and ring

Buy PvP head and buy PvP shoulders. PvP gear itemlevel is higher(403/390), so you will get more armor/stamina/agility than from 378 gear, and 2p set bonus will give you additional 70 agility as bonus.
    Everything else you can get within 2-3 days with Justice Points or by farming HoT dungeons.
    Oh my god.. Don't listen to him. Cloaks do give armor...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=72306

For tanking, this is a piece you won't soon replace. The cataclysmic version of this cape is beaten only by the heroic rhyolith cape for bear tanks.

Deleted
    Getting T12 gloves + either legs or chest for the 2piece bonus will be nice for your threat/dps.

Buy the tier pieces for 2pc from JP first imo.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann