The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Morchok HC advise

Hello everyone

we are starting on HC morchok today, at around 7PM GMT+1, and i am in need of some help.

we use this setup: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

and i have no how to soak the stomps. if you have any ideas, please tell me

-Rhiziana

Resto shammy (hopefully he has a shield and not an offhand) and disc priest should work fine.
    make sure they're topped off and the disc priest shields himself beforehand.

remember the double stomp target is closest to the tank. so just have those 2 healers hug the tanks and make the other 3 soak crystals

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can see that may be crappy is the furry war soaking crystals unless the tank brings the boss really close to the crystal. It will be a pretty big decrease in dps not having him/her being one of the soakers. However if they are in the group with the resto sham the crit heals from the resto sham may be able to up there HP to a level that will be bearable for soaking with little issues. Though they wont be up each time the furry war also has enraged regen and rallyign cry to help soak them.

10+ Year Old Account
    We ran a comp very close to what you are running. I'd try having the disc priest and the holy pally soaking the stomps. Pally will have more armor than the shaman (assuming they both wear a shield) but if your disc priest is getting killed then sub in the shaman. Just also make sure you split the shaman and mage into different groups because hero/lust won't reach everyone.

If you choose to use the Disc make sure he is using glyphed inner fire

Yeah, like others suggested use Holy Paly and either disc priest or resto shaman for the double damage soaking. Just make sure both your groups are separate and are moving together. Have the double damage soaker on the tank and have the tank move with the group to the crystals to make sure everyone is within 25 yards of their respective boss. And yes like others said the only downside would be the fury warrior having to soak crystals, but this fight really isn't a DPS race so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

You could try having the disc priest go shadow and soak one side. I had 46-ish% damage reduction from inner fire (before glyphing) + devo aura and that doesn't take into account the 15% reduced damage while in shadowform. You could have your holy priest throwing heals on both groups, but it may not be as effective as we had a druid healer HoTing up both groups instead.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2012-02-08 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silph View Post
    Pally will have more armor than the shaman (assuming they both wear a shield)
    whoops missed the holy pally. Paladin would be better than shammy

Deleted
    I would do it like this http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000 with group 1 being one side and group 2 being the other side

I would probably use the Demo lock soaking and the holy paladin soaking, lock has 20% dmg reduction and paladin has divine protection every 30 seconds + lots of armor. I also split the groups that exact way to make sure that the melee are in range of the melee buffs and that casters get the caster debuffs on target etc etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the replies guys we just killed him, we used the hpally to soak the stomps on one side, and the warrior to soak the other side, we sadly have to go with 2 healers on morchok side, becouse for some reason he did more damage then hes twin

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiziana View Post
    thanks for the replies guys we just killed him, we used the hpally to soak the stomps on one side, and the warrior to soak the other side, we sadly have to go with 2 healers on morchok side, becouse for some reason he did more damage then hes twin
    Yep, that's correct. Morchok does 3 crystals every stomp phase versus 2 on Kochrom's side.

Alternatively, you can have your fury warrior soak as long as he's on the same side as the Disc Priest. Just make sure he keeps PW:S on the warrior before stomps. If necessary, the warrior can use a macro to equip a shield for stomp and then re-equip their weapon after the stomp. Our Frost DK soaks on the same side as a disc priest and doesn't have to stance dance. Divine Aegis + PW:S will make it very very easy.

Of course, use the Holy Paladin on the other side. Not only will they be able to heal more b/c they don't have to move as much but wearing plate + having a shield makes them great. Plus they have Divine Protection if things get a bit hairy.