Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are rogues getting nerfed anytime soon?!

Rogues, srsly, are immortal death gods that stun u for 5 years, i dont understand how they can keep trying to nerf every other class but ignore rogues. 90% of the top 3s ladder has a rogue....

I agree with you but whine threads aren't allowed.

Deleted
    7-8 seconds max = 5years?....wat

10+ Year Old Account
    Because balance in this game means doing whatever that worthless shit greg street wants for his Mage and the rogues he plays with. 40k Frostbolt 30k ice lances, vanish immunity 7k /3s heal, 30k ambush spam... Nothing is too overpowered when you have the hack lead developer intentionally making your class that way.

But hey when they lose another 4 million subs to the pandaclysm, maybe that piece of shit will finally be fired and they get someone with some actual fucking talent and a desire to make the game good to fix it.

I hope you honestly don't believe what you type. I'll let you off with a "verbal" warning this time, but this is clearly flame baiting ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2012-02-08 at 02:36 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    7-8 seconds max = 5years?....wat
    Hyperbolic time chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Because balance in this game means doing whatever that worthless shit greg street wants for his Mage and the rogues he plays with. 40k Frostbolt 30k ice lances, vanish immunity 7k /3s heal, 30k ambush spam... Nothing is too overpowered when you have the hack lead developer intentionally making your class that way.

But hey when they lose another 4 million subs to the pandaclysm, maybe that piece of shit will finally be fired and they get someone with some actual fucking talent and a desire to make the game good to fix it.
    Rogues are fine, because you have to have skill to become a rogue god that can CC 2 targets until that third guy he's working on was dead. Then disappear to find that healer one the other side of the map going faster than mount speed while walking on water. Surely there aren't enough people with skill to make this a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus View Post
    Rogues are fine, because you have to have skill to become a rogue god that can CC 2 targets until that third guy they were working on was dead. Then disappear to find that healer one the other side of the map going faster than mount speed while walking on water. Surely there aren't enough people with skill to make this a problem.
    Reckful must have set up a college because in the last 6 months the number of rogues with that level of "skill" suddenly went from about 50 to over 200. And for some reason warriors and dks have forgotten how to play in that same time frame.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodMcChuck View Post
    Yes, a class that completely destroys any semblance of balance is fine because you need to be good at it for that to happen.

It's like I'm really talking to Greg Street right now.
    Wow just.. oh dear god you got me to reply.. 2/10 >_>
    Should have known it after you trolled my thread.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are fine, because you have to have skill to become a rogue god that can CC 2 targets until that third guy he's working on was dead. Then disappear to find that healer one the other side of the map going faster than mount speed while walking on water. Surely there aren't enough people with skill to make this a problem.
    It's a problem because equally capable players of other classes don't come close. It's not fine that skill matters less and less for other classes than rogues.

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Wow just.. oh dear god you got me to reply.. 2/10 >_>
    Should have known it after you trolled my thread.
    I honestly doubt he means that skill shouldn't be awarded. I think he means what i do - that the same skill and awareness shouldn't be rewarded with much greater impact for one class.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodMcChuck View Post
    Yes, a class that completely destroys any semblance of balance is fine because you need to be good at it for that to happen.

It's like I'm really talking to Greg Street right now.
    That dude you quoted was being so fucking sarcastic lol, he agrees that Rogues are OP. You called him out wrongly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem of course is that if only you get the debuff or if only you get the best debuff then warriors are mandatory for anything PvP which might be fine for you but doesn't really feel fair to everyone else. Sometimes I wish we'd just remove the debuff because it's almost impossible to balance around both having and not having it. We can make sure Mortal Strike hits hard but we're unlikely to do anything that improves the debuff.
    Ghostcrawler telling warriors why MS cant have unique utility before he gives Rogues smoke bomb. Smoke Bomb is a debuff only rogues get, its the best debuff, it makes them mandatory for PVP in Rated Battlegrounds, which might be fine for them but it sure does not feel fair to the rest of us does it. But hey he loves rogues so they get to have overpowered abilities which even he says are unfair.

Some blue said at some point, and this may have been during wrath, that it's ok that rogues have so many utilities because it takes skill to use them. That's what that sarcasm was about there. I just realized tonight, after getting miserably mutilated by a rogue in gilneas, that those legendary weapons are kinda ridiculous in pvp. This particular rogue only had the 397 version, but it's still 45% extra sinister strike/revealing strike damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are fine
    lol

i am shitting purple stuff! how is PD doing nowdays

Some blue said at some point, and this may have been during wrath, that it's ok that rogues have so many utilities because it takes skill to use them. That's what that sarcasm was about there. I just realized tonight, after getting miserably mutilated by a rogue in gilneas, that those legendary weapons are kinda ridiculous in pvp. This particular rogue only had the 397 version, but it's still 45% extra sinister strike/revealing strike damage.
    well isnt that only for combat, since combat and daggers just doesnt work? not that i know any rogues that have done well as combat

not that i haven't dealt some ridiculous damage on my rogue as sub in a kidney smokebomb w/ ShD, but can't say I've seen any combat rogues I couldn't just bend over. Don't think you can get away w/ being combat like you could in Wrath in a set of really good ICC gear (or at least DBW. lol @ killing kids in a KS).

Combat rogue? wut...

Deleted
    Well, its rogues. What did u expect?

They are, and will always be the most overpowered PvP class in the history.
    Crazy stuns, insane burst, rediclious good survivability and great CC abilitys combined with a functional brain = Win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lol

i am shitting purple stuff! how is PD doing nowdays

well isnt that only for combat, since combat and daggers just doesnt work? not that i know any rogues that have done well as combat

not that i haven't dealt some ridiculous damage on my rogue as sub in a kidney smokebomb w/ ShD, but can't say I've seen any combat rogues I couldn't just bend over. Don't think you can get away w/ being combat like you could in Wrath in a set of really good ICC gear (or at least DBW. lol @ killing kids in a KS).
    Correct, that's a 45% damage bonus to Sinister Strike, which has a base damage and a percentage value of the damage of the mainhand weapon used. Normaly a combat rogue will use a slow mainhand with a large damage set on it, but daggers just don't cut that. So to make the daggers useable for non-assassination rogues, there's the bonus. Which is -do remember- still suboptimal until the daggers hit stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hyperbolic time chamber.
    ^I approve of this. :L

Deleted
    You do know that the pvp daggers 397ilvl has the same dmg output (less secondary stats though) as the t1 daggers do?
    And if you get wrecked by a pve specced rogue, you are the one lacking skill tbh

Rogues are strong now, but in no way so strong that any caster class can't beat them 1v1. Melee vs Rogue 1v1 sucks, but I guess that's why 3v3 5v5 and BGs are the only "rated" style PvP modes.

Edit:45% increased SS and RS damage on the mainhand quest daggers are why Rogues are so strong
    Hee. Oh, goodness. If you share this opinion, please keep other opinions on PvP balance to yourself and do the daily BG for your conquest cap ;x
    Last edited by Minky; 2012-02-08 at 08:04 AM.