Beta Invite -- D3 summary?

So I just got a beta invite and I know nothing at all about any of the Diablo games. I quit WoW back in August, but I enjoyed most of my time playing it.

Can someone give me a quick/dumbed-down summary of the game? Would it be worth it for me to download the client and give it a try? Is it as time intensive as WoW (I'm short on time as of late).

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    Can someone give me a quick/dumbed-down summary of the game?
    You click on monsters to kill them. Pick up any decent loot that they drop. Sell when your bags get full. Repeat.
    ಠ_ಠ

Still hoping for a beta invite myself.

But if it's anything like Diablo 2, you can easily spend as much time on the game as WoW, but it's much easier to turn it off.

No mass coordination of raids happens.

Just spam your abilities and hope the enemies die.

I'd say, yes, very much worth a download, many of us envy you.

It's too good to go to waste

Quote Originally Posted by Mordakanen View Post

I'd say, yes, very much worth a download, many of us envy you.

It's too good to go to waste
    Just got mine too today, enjoy!

Can someone give me a quick/dumbed-down summary of the game? Would it be worth it for me to download the client and give it a try? Is it as time intensive as WoW (I'm short on time as of late).
    You'll have "won" the beta in about an hour, if you take your time. So give it a try, it's not time intensive at all. And you might find a new game you love when D3 actually releases in a few years.

How do people like this guy get the beta key yet many loyal blizzard fans like myself have not gotten any of their beta keys...such a cruel cruel world.

blizzard cough activi$m cough knows active players will stay no matter what and casuals need more incentive. thats y the worst players always win loot in LFR
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    blizzard cough activi$m cough knows active players will stay no matter what and casuals need more incentive. thats y the worst players always win loot in LFR
    So eloquently and brilliantly put. Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

So I just got a beta invite and I know nothing at all about any of the Diablo games. I quit WoW back in August, but I enjoyed most of my time playing it.

If you play through 1 character on the beta without knowing anything about Diablo, I expect it will take you 2 hours. There is little else that can be said given your short comment. I, however, enjoyed the experience and am looking forward to the release of the game.

Would it be worth your time... and you are short on time... yet you still sign up for betas that a lot of us really want to get into and waste a spot. I love people like you.

So much jelly in this post.

Beta's fun but you run out of things to do quickly since there's no skill customization yet.