Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sith Maurader in PvP

I don't have much of a problem while questing and so on ( mainly because im 3 levels higher than the current mobs ) but I do have a problem in PvP.. I do crap damage and die alot. I dont consider myself a horrible player but just cant seem to figure out how to step it up in PvP... Im lvl 32 btw and most decent PvP gear is lvl 40 and up or am i missing something??

Reroll Sorc.

Seriously, the PvP balance is shit.

yes, inquisitors are horrendously OP, almost as much as merc BH.

I'm not sure if Sorcs are necessarily overpowered, they just seem to me like they are so much easier to play than every other class. Basically anybody can pick one up and walk into a WZ and mash 2 buttons and completely own people. I won't go as far as to say they are the Arcane mages of swtor, but they are pretty close.

marauders don't really get good at pvp until level 50 and some champion gear imho

As they said, PVP Balance is a joke atm in the game, Ranged are seriously OP.
    You will get better at 50s with some gear, my gear is just "ok" now *mostly in lvling gear of the end areas from commendations, one purple hand made belt, Champion lightsaber and Centurion head, and at least i am not dead in seconds, my dmg is mid-low and i am getting 4-5 metals at the fights.
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Marauders are probably the most gear dependent class in the game right now. You go from being fairly worthless with bad gear to being an unstoppable beast with good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkh View Post
    As they said, PVP Balance is a joke atm in the game, Ranged are seriously OP.
    You will get better at 50s with some gear, my gear is just "ok" now *mostly in lvling gear of the end areas from commendations, one purple hand made belt, Champion lightsaber and Centurion head, and at least i am not dead in seconds, my dmg is mid-low and i am getting 4-5 metals at the fights.
    You can't really complain about PvP balance and call ranged OP when you're in mostly leveling gear...

Supposedly Mauraders/Sentinels are the best 1v1 classes in the game. I have a level 40 Sentinel but stopped pvping a while ago with it due the ability lag just pissing me off too much.

Deleted
    Guys, the marauders effectiveness is very much alike the warrior in WoW - its all about the gear.

I've gotten completely stomped in PvP for weeks, I was ready to give up, uninstall the game and curse the gamingindustry for lack of good pvp in mmos. Then the other night I finally got some time to sit down and seriously gear up with the updated daily/weekly quests. After a few hours I had gotten 5 new pieces of gear with much-needed expertise. It is aaaaall about the expertise. And what a difference. Earlier a typical fight would be me charging in all happy and bloodthirsty only to get wtfPWNED in seconds while doing shit damage, getting depressed and logging out after the game. I was wielding a lvl 50 modifiable saber and it felt like I was poking someone with a wet magazine.

Having bought the epic mainhand saber and getting the new gear everything turned around. Now it is OTHER people's turn to poke me with a wet magazine. Then I absolutely destroy them. It feels like cutting through butter. You will enjoy, you just need the gear.

geared marauders are gods at lvl 50. they just run around stomping people down

idk what you guys are on about, I made a marauder yesterday and pvped from 10-14 and was top dmg and MVP 3/4 games. Its all about playing smart and using your defensive cooldowns offensively. And not jumping into 4-5 of them alone. I've seen people do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Also queue with a personal healer, it makes it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by dblodonut View Post
    idk what you guys are on about, I made a marauder yesterday and pvped from 10-14 and was top dmg and MVP 3/4 games. Its all about playing smart and using your defensive cooldowns offensively. And not jumping into 4-5 of them alone. I've seen people do that
    Playing smart isn't always the best way to win, sometimes jumping into the ball carrier and 3 of his friends and slowing them down for a few seconds is all the rest of your team needed and can make the difference between a score and a loss, though you will only die in that situation if force camo isn't up.
    Last edited by Zurai; 2012-02-10 at 09:38 AM.

re-rolll merc BH

i'm rolling as a hybrid arsenal / pyrotech and PvP is ridiculously easy. I can't kill a sorc 1v1 easily... but everything else (especially in big BGs) dies to a terrific amount of DoT dmg. i play swtor drunk and barrel through lvl 50 pvp shit... i'm rolling a sorc right now and it's 24. seems even easier in PvP. take advantage of this shit while u can. it seems like any marauder that is sorta hard to kill is in full set gear. but so am i, and they still die. if the marauder has a personal healer... i die.. but anything else dies if i have a personal healer

p.s.
    the DoT dmg of pyrotech makes you pretty nuts. but if someone is dedicated to healing through it, you probably will not win.
    Last edited by airbornehippie; 2012-02-10 at 09:44 AM. Reason: p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    I'm not sure if Sorcs are necessarily overpowered, they just seem to me like they are so much easier to play than every other class. Basically anybody can pick one up and walk into a WZ and mash 2 buttons and completely own people. I won't go as far as to say they are the Arcane mages of swtor, but they are pretty close.
    I wouldn't say they're the easiest but the class that has by far the most tools to use. Easiest would go to Arsenal Mercs/Gunnery Commandos with their incredible burst with 3-4 buttons. Sages/Sorcs have shields, sprints, great healing, good sustained damage, built in slows with their main attack, knockbacks, roots and stuns. They literally have everything. Well I guess except heavy armour but frankly that's not even that big of a benefit.

Yeah marauders are pretty bad in pvp at low lvls but you get about 43 I'll say and get your top tier in your main spec and 3 pts in the rage reducer talent in the bottom lvl on annihilation (if your'e not already playing annihilation that is) your dmg just sky rockets up. I personally play a rage marauder and I have noticed people tend to focus marauders a lot in pvp. You have to find a good mix of aggressive and defensive play don't be afraid to pop defensive cooldowns regularly and its not cowardly to pop force camo and run the f away when you start getting focused. or even popping the 99% dmg reducer and using a medpac right after to help pop you back up to about 30% health. Yeah at 50 marauder is really fun to play in pvp if you play smart.

I play as focus jedi knight currently level 31, started doing warzones at level 10, its an uphill battle but not as hard as people make it out to be, you do need to be more aware and use your defensive cooldowns every fight. If going in a fight where you'll be tanking, always pop rebuke, or whatever the marauder version is called. If going against more then 3, pop your shield wall(saber ward). If you're level 32 you already have most of the moves you need to do decent damage. As focus my opener will always be force stasis(choke) to stack the buff for my sweep, then force leap if i didnt already, then hit zealous strike for combo points. then sweep and hit every person around you for around 3-4k crit, your priority rage moves in terms of damage will be force scream, then cauterize if facing a class that can vanish. Then just build and dump combo points when needed.

Dont be afraid to use the pvp pots, trust me, it'll usually mean life or death in most situations but its the life of a melee. Dont charge if you need to close the gap unless you really need to, the amount of knockbacks in this game, you have to save it for when you get knockbacked, theres nothing more frustrating then getting knocked off the ramp without an ability to get back up.

Deleted
    Marauders are ungodly. Ungodly when you mash buttons like crazy and run all over the place. I mean just compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIph0kBZbu4&hd=1 with sniper video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAh0sq5h_q0

Snipers and sorcs and whatever are so, so, so boring.

Deleted
    Marauders do insane damage at lvl 50, they're Very squishy though.
    As a well-geared tank, i can take them on by myself if we both start out on full health, once i took out 2 right after each other (though that one was close).
    When i'm guarding a base in Alderaan, my favourite people to guard with me are marauders or assassin dps, i can Guard them and keep them up longer, they kill.
    Ranged guards get out of Guard range too easily...
    Last edited by mmoc17914994ff; 2012-02-10 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genev View Post
    Ranged guards get out of Guard range too easily...
    But that's the best part. Today I watched a guy today put guard on a healer, then 3 seconds later he followed me too far away and the healer died just a couple seconds later.