Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmonky View Post
    I have used that in the past is it's somewhat unreliable. It tells me I cannot run D3 Shogun or civ5 But I run them all perfectly fine.
    Blizzard's programmers seem to be more competent than ArenaNet's. Some people with BEASTLY rigs are sometimes getting ~20 FPS max in GW2. Other people with computers like yours-- on the weak side-- are getting more. The only way to know for sure is by trying.

I have used that in the past is it's somewhat unreliable. It tells me I cannot run D3 Shogun or civ5 But I run them all perfectly fine.
    It goes by the minimum (recommended if available as well) specs given by the developer. It is just a general thing, should not be taken as fact. 'generally' if your specs do not meet the minimum you will not get a good playing experience, however if you have a beast of a computer minus your graphics card which is just slightly under the minimum (for example) you will generally be able to run said game fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    Blizzard's programmers seem to be more competent than ArenaNet's. Some people with BEASTLY rigs are sometimes getting ~20 FPS max in GW2. Other people with computers like yours-- on the weak side-- are getting more. The only way to know for sure is by trying.
    Not sure what that has to do with what was posted. Also, I doubt many people with 'beastly' rigs are getting 20 FPS max. Perhaps 20FPS minimum in huge WvW fights, but anyone claiming to have a good modern computer that is getting 20 FPS 'max' is probably lying or has some external factor effecting it. Or they have a good GPU and a bad CPU and are referring to older betas, when the game was more CPU dependent than GPU. Worth noting: I was getting 20-60 FPS in earlier betas and am now getting 60-120FPS (did not try the latest stress test, when performance was apparently even better)

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with what was posted. Also, I doubt many people with 'beastly' rigs are getting 20 FPS max. Perhaps 20FPS minimum in huge WvW fights, but anyone claiming to have a good modern computer that is getting 20 FPS 'max' is probably lying or has some external factor effecting it. Or they have a good GPU and a bad CPU and are referring to older betas, when the game was more CPU dependent than GPU. Worth noting: I was getting 20-60 FPS in earlier betas and am now getting 60-120FPS (did not try the latest stress test, when performance was apparently even better)
    Same here. The BWEs, for all intents and purposes, ran like shit given my comp specs (2500k @ 4.5ghz, 12gigs of ram and GTX 580), but as soon as the stress tested started happening my fps jumped to 80-120fps in most areas. The only time it suffers is sometimes in WvWvW with large groups, and even then it only goes down to the mid 50s.

Okay thanks guys, I will just buy it now and if it will not run I will just wait until I get the new computer.

Okay guys, here are my specs:

OS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

AMD Phenom x6 1090T 3.2GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Non-ti

4GB RAM 1333MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Jaum View Post
    Okay guys, here are my specs:

OS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

AMD Phenom x6 1090T 3.2GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Non-ti

4GB RAM 1333MHz
    If you're asking if you can run it, obviously.
    If you're asking what you can run it on, might need to turn down shadows on max for 60.. supersampling obviously disabled. Not sure what you'd get in WvW, but it should be more than playable at those settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    My point is that just because he can run a Blizzard game doesn't mean he can run GW2, which seems very poorly optimized. And today I was only getting ~20 fps on low settings with a newer rig that is vastly overqualified to run this game. However it's only GW2 that performs poorly-- every other game I play runs fantastically even on the very highest settings.

GW2's performance does not seem consistent with the level of graphic quality it presents. That is, the graphics aren't good enough to warrant such poor performance.

My point is that just because he can run a Blizzard game doesn't mean he can run GW2, which seems very poorly optimized. And today I was only getting ~20 fps on low settings with a newer rig that is vastly overqualified to run this game. However it's only GW2 that performs poorly-- every other game I play runs fantastically even on the very highest settings.

GW2's performance does not seem consistent with the level of graphic quality it presents. That is, the graphics aren't good enough to warrant such poor performance.
    Wait, you had low fps on the stress test??? IMPOSSIBLE!!! ARENA NET WILL HEAR FROM MY LAWYERS!!!

Have you informed Anet of your situation? It could be something somewhat unique to your computer, so don't wait and hope someone with the same problem informs them.

The game, from what I'm hearing, is going through a lot of optimization in preparation for launch. Anet said a while back that optimization was basically the last thing they would do before launch, so of course it isn't optimized yet. It isn't a matter of competency. It's the job of these pre-launch stress tests to find these problems and get them sorted out.

Wait, you had low fps on the stress test??? IMPOSSIBLE!!! ARENA NET WILL HEAR FROM MY LAWYERS!!!
    Stress testing doesn't affect frame rates. Apparently you didn't get the memo.

To the other guy: I've been regularly informing ArenaNet of the performance issues in this game, as I'm sure many people have.

Deleted
    New Nvidia driver will be released on August the 15th that'll drastically increase performance and fix issues related to GW2. Taken directly from GW2guru forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    New Nvidia driver will be released on August the 15th that'll drastically increase performance and fix issues related to GW2. Taken directly from GW2guru forums.
    Any news about AMD ? Had a new driver update yesterday but I dont think it has anything to do with GW2... gonna check it out, but if u know something SPEAK! XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Any news about AMD ? Had a new driver update yesterday but I dont think it has anything to do with GW2... gonna check it out, but if u know something SPEAK! XD
    Not sure about AMD, they only have an Nvidia representative over there as far as I know.

BWE1 gave my system some trouble, sloght stuttering but still playable. In BWE2 and BWE3 my performance luckely skyrocket and I was even able to put all settings on the highest instead of medium without losing performance.

Q2Core Q9550 @2.83GHz, not clocked
    4 gb memory
    GeForce GTX 580
    Playing on 1920x1200

What I find odd is that I find people with much better systems having trouble running the game properly, I dont know much about the technical side of things could someone perhaps explain why I can run it and they cant? Better drivers, less crap on my PC or something?
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Are there Ultra settings? Or are the highest graphics High? Because i'm hearing that it goes to default from what your computer can handle.

I'm running a 680m gtx with 64 bit so why am I shut out of Ultra? Or is High the maxed out settings in GW2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsml View Post
    Are there Ultra settings? Or are the highest graphics High? Because i'm hearing that it goes to default from what your computer can handle.

I'm running a 680m gtx with 64 bit so why am I shut out of Ultra? Or is High the maxed out settings in GW2?
    No, only shadows has the ultra setting

CPU: AMD FX-8150 (8 x 3.6ghz)
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: Radeon HD 6950

Will it run alright?

Anybody having heating issues with the Radeon HD7970 in GW2? My GPU gets to over 80 degrees in GW2 and the auto fan doesn't seem to combat it resulting in the game often freezing and "your display drivers has restarted blah blah". When I manually set the fan to 70% then I am fine and could play the beta weekends/stress tests without issues but as anyone with a HD7970 will tell you, it sounds like a jet engine at that fan speed!!
    The issue only seems to apply to GW2. The fan scales correctly to keep temps down on all the other games I have played over the last few months - wow, d3, the witcher 2, bf3, batman arkham city.

I play the game with everything at max inc shadows at ultra at 2560x1600 so I can understand how it must be pretty taxing on the card but I dont get at all why the auto fans wont go high enough to keep the temps down on GW2 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    Does anyone know if guild wars 2 will run on an internet connection of 5mbps download speed? I know my computer has great specs for the game but I'll be moving. I just want to know if that speed is okay to run the game. I know it will be a bit slow for downloading though, but how will it be when I'm actually playing? I believe the upload speed was around 800 kbps...not sure...so it's like 5mbps/800kbps
    Absolutely. MMO games don't take too much bandwidth while playing. I think it's around 20-30 KBps while playing so 5 Mbps is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Absolutely. MMO games don't take too much bandwidth while playing. I think it's around 20-30 KBps while playing so 5 Mbps is more than enough.
    Thank you very much I was so scared lol!! You made my day!!