Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Baradin Hold loot culture

I was wondering if any of you have experiences in BH pugs where the loot master requires a player to be in full ruthless to be eligible for any pvp drops?

I was wondering how this forum feels about what seems to be a growing standard?

Sounds like the loot master just wanted to make sure the loot goes to someone who is likely to actually use it. Unfortunately there are alot of bad people in the community now that ruined loot distribution by needing on things they have no intention of using just for kicks.

If you don't currently have a pvp gear set, and are looking to get pieces from BH, you might just want to do a guild run or a run with people you know so you don't run into problems with strangers and their strange loot rules.

I've never had this happen in any groups I have run with, so I wouldn't at all go so far as to say this is a "growing standard." Like the guy above me said, the ML can do what they want and if you care that much about the pvp gear, run with friends/guildies.

Oh its not me, I have a full PVP set and I have never had an issue. I have just seen it happen the last few weeks to at least one person each time and I was wondering this forums impressions. To me it speaks to the weakness of Blizzard's loot system. Ideally need/greed is safest, but then there are those who will need on stuff they can't even use, so master looter is the main-stay in most PUGs. This leaves loot in the hands of on person most of the time, which I would argue is not ideal in every case.

Well I there mostly stick to 10M class runs so everyone basically gets their drop regardless if it is PVP or PVE. However, in my 25M runs I'll have people at the start of the run specify what they are going to be rolling on. As in I'll ask if anyone needs PVP gear. And accordingly I distribute the gear when I drops. It is however, much easier to just run a 10M class specific run.

Deleted
    PVE:MS > OS - PVP:FFA thats what I run with, if they don't like it they can leave or create their own raid.

pvp loot is not random outside of bh so FFA pve loot is all ways random so ms>os
    Last edited by Sanguinare; 2012-02-10 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For this it sounds reasonable.

In any case, if you're running a pug with a Master Looter, then anything they do by definition is reasonable, no matter how unreasonable it is. Just part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of anything like that. The only thing I require of people is adaquate dps and that they do the fight correctly. If it's a piece for your class and you're the only one it's yours. If not /roll. If it's a pvp piece /roll.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Deleted
    With the new raid system *tokens* and LFR i can understand it..... but does BH only drop PVP gear now? cause i havent seen PVE gear for a while now in BH25

Loot Master = player's rules. If he decides that ALL loot goes to lowest hps healer then all loot goes to lowest hps healer. That's how LM works.

But this reminds me old days of late WotLK: LF4M, tank and 3 dps for HCs farming. Link achi and 4k GS.
    Also, even without full PvP gear I contributed to that raid and should have equal chance for loot. Otherwise you will QQ about me not having proper gear but also you will refuse that gear for me to get. Foul circle. I don't have gear so I don't get it.

And last thought. That LM works against himself. If he distributes upgrades among fully PvP geared people he makes them slightly better. When refusing to pass loot to not fully PvP geared people he then postpone their decision about getting into PvP.

I'd like to PvP but it's suicide to go poorly geared so I'll first acquire some decent gear and then join. Oh, LM won't give me that extra all-green stats increasing gear because I'm not fully PvP geared. Well, instead of joining PvP tomorrow I'll just wait another month...

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen that, i always see if your pvp spec is what the pvp gear is you may roll on the piece on my realm.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I did once a run where people would roll based on their current highest arena rating. (ie /roll 2500 vs /roll 1500)

was pretty funny xD
    Lol Would work quite good I think. ^^ Should do the same for dps. :P

(ie /roll 35000 vs /roll 30000) would be fun I guess. ^^ Or, what about /roll'ing damage done? Will give all people an equal chance (if they are dps)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    pvp loot is not random outside of bh so FFA pve loot is all ways random so ms>os

This is what I do in my runs most of the times. But I always ask people to pass on pvp loot if they don't pvp.
    Which helps a lot! Most of the times only 2-3 people rolling on pvp loot, all pvpers

Deleted
    Under 17k dps = no loot
    Under 10k hps = no loot
    1750 3v3 or rbg to be able to roll on pvp gear.
    Death = loot ban

You can only die if you’re a tank, move to slow and get your ass chopped up or you move out with the debuff.

Works fine every reset.

while that may be a valid point.. most pvp people really dont give a shit lol.. the diff between ruthless and cataclysmic is like.. 10 resi/ 10 stats.. its kinda laughable how little its worth.. compared to t13 vs t12 set bonuses.. anyway ive never seen that happen and id laugh my ass off at any raid leader that tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me that there's too MUCH pvp loot. I did a 10 man the other day with an alt and there wasn't a single piece of pve loot. That strikes me as odd.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Under 17k dps = no loot
    Under 10k hps = no loot
    1750 3v3 or rbg to be able to roll on pvp gear.
    Death = loot ban

You can only die if you’re a tank, move to slow and get your ass chopped up or you move out with the debuff.

Works fine every reset.
    Some of your rules are contrary to each other. For instance, if everyone avoids the majority of raid damage, the healers will never be able to get 10k HPS. And on top of that, HPS isn't a very good way to determine if someone is a good healer or not.

I also would not personally subscribe to your pvp loot rules. I enjoy pvping on my Enhance shaman, and tend to do a good job at it, but most of the people I played with no longer sub to WoW and I can no longer find good people with a good comp for 3's. :<
    RETH

Whenever I run, which is basically every week. I run a MS>OS loot system. BUT, your main spec can also be PVP providing you whisper me with such information before the loot has dropped. Seems to mend the pve kittens needing on pvp loot just to disenchant problem.