Thread: 1394 plug

10+ Year Old Account

1394 plug

Hey guys, back again with another droll question. Wiring up the case and everything, and my case has a plug simply labelled 1394.
    From what I can tell, this is a "firewire" plug. Not that I have a clue what that means at all. Now at the moment I have searched the instructions (-1 man card) and google for where exactly I am supposed to connect this.
    I am using an "ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3" mobo, does anyone know what label I should look for on the motherboard to connect the "1394" plug?

On my mobo, I found the 1394 on the bottom of it below the GPU/PCI slots. It was labeled 1394 in big bold white letters. My mobo is a gigabyte so it may be different on yours. Hopefully I helped a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 doesn't have 1394.

10+ Year Old Account
    whatever you do, do not plug it into a USB header, you will kill the board if you do

also you can go without, and there never really was very many devices that used firewire/1394, and they are switching to USB3 or thunderbolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys. As Lockblock said, it doesn't have a firewire/1394 port. And I came to the conclusion that I don't need it. But, everything is now put together and it seems to be running just fine. Thanks again guys