Metamorphosis : Immolation Aura Cancels Out Hellfire ?

Have ya'll checked out the new "Metamorphosis - Immolation Aura" it now says it's Passive and allows Hellfire to no longer cause damage and no need to be channelled......

Does this mean that we can no longer have immolation aura and hellfire going at the same time ? Our Immo Aura now counts as a passive Hellfire ?

I would assume that since hellfire will act as an aura effectively in meta then it will be replacing immolation aura.
    Since immolation aura was only usable in meta anyway then it really has exactly the same requirements.

Deleted
    I assume it is intended as a nerf to demo's meta-dependent AOE. Demo AOE is really high... if you pop MWC, meta, felstorm, immo aura, infernal and hellfire.

Removing the ability to have hellfire and immo aura up may allow them to buff demo's non-Meta aoe damage by buffing hellfire. Alternatively, it may just be that blizz think demo's burst AOE, with cooldowns, is too high and needs bringing into line. I must confess, it's fun, but sometimes I feel I may be able to get too many yellow numbers onscreen at once in AOE situations.

The change here is that Immolation Aura will have the same duration and damage as hellfire, adjusted for meta damage boosts, and hellfire has no cooldown. You can be putting out that AOE damage for as long as you have meta up, at the low cost of one GCD per hellfire duration. That's probably important.

Echoing my view on another thread I think it really sucks that as a ranged caster we are forced to play in the style of a melee to do competititve dps with demo aoe, and to a degree with the other specs.
    One idea I do recall from a thread a while back is that hellfire/immolation aura should it not be replaced should be a buff we can target onto a player rather than being just self-centered.
    Therfore you could place a melee-range aoe on an actual melee character, and leaving warlocks as a ranged to be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Echoing my view on another thread I think it really sucks that as a ranged caster we are forced to play in the style of a melee to do competititve dps with demo aoe, and to a degree with the other specs.
    One idea I do recall from a thread a while back is that hellfire/immolation aura should it not be replaced should be a buff we can target onto a player rather than being just self-centered.
    Therfore you could place a melee-range aoe on an actual melee character, and leaving warlocks as a ranged to be just that.
    Yes as I've previously said, it should be a buff/debuff that we can put on enemies or our pets to let our melee spells land right in front of said target. If the buff were to be placed on our pets it would give more meaning to the spec (a link between the master and its pet, instead of it being a +X DPS and -20% dmg taken).
    Demo should perform better than others when in melee, not as much as them.

As for Hellfire merge with Immolation aura, that's exactly what they're doing. It's quite disappointing in my opinion. I love my AoE burst

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Yes as I've previously said, it should be a buff/debuff that we can put on enemies or our pets to let our melee spells land right in front of said target. If the buff were to be placed on our pets it would give more meaning to the spec (a link between the master and its pet, instead of it being a +X DPS and -20% dmg taken).
    Demo should perform better than others when in melee, not as much as them.

As for Hellfire merge with Immolation aura, that's exactly what they're doing. It's quite disappointing in my opinion. I love my AoE burst
    In losing perhaps some of the burst we are gaining the ability to actually do something other than stand and aoe, it being more interesting.
    If there has to be a compromise, then it better being one that offers us choices rather than the more typical taking them away.

Deleted
    I just hope they improve our AOE damage out of big CD's, i cba to waste all my main source of damage CD's to aoe when 90% of the time it's not the best raid wise. So if they up the damage on AOE out of "CD's" and do things to lower the insane burst, im all for it!

on a sidenote @computernerd: I for one would love the opposite, why not have a melee-range caster. immo aura, hellfire, shadowflame work like that, you could expand the concept. would differentiate between mages and warlocks more.

Melee range is fine when like a melee you can still utilise most of, if not all of your tools while moving.
    That is something that casters simply cannot do, and therefore should never due to design by forced to spend time in melee range without a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    on a sidenote @computernerd: I for one would love the opposite, why not have a melee-range caster. immo aura, hellfire, shadowflame work like that, you could expand the concept. would differentiate between mages and warlocks more.
    Majordomo says hello. Blizz gives Demo locks two important melee-range only abilities, then makes a fight where we can't be in melee range for half the fight.

If they still can't delineate between enhance and ele shams when rolling on spirit mail in lrf, I don't have high hopes the game would officially recognize a "melee-range caster" spec.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.