Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    Butosai, why is the picture of the Draenei in your sig so creepy looking? Also, this has bugged me for months now, your guild says you raid When do you guys eat? Even if all 25+bench of you prefer an early dinner, when do you cook it?
    well its actually 5:30 and thats server time, my time its 8:30 and we go to 12:30. 4 hour raid nights.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 05:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faemn View Post
    What's the secret for madness? I've only done it on normal and I can barely handle 40-50k sometimes even on the mid 30s. But I see some of the top guild rets and other toons doing upwards of 100k, how, is it that the adds like longer and you can use more spellweave? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...faemn/advanced those are the only trinkets I have.. and normal VoA from rag.
    The secret to madness is proccing spellweave, which means your rotation on bloods looks like

Divine storm > holy wrath > normal aoe rotation

since only divine storm and holy wrath can proc spellweave. The other secret is bone link fetish, as it can also proc spellweave.
    Last edited by Butosai; 2012-02-17 at 05:44 AM.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Too bad on normal bloods die in 2 or 3 gcds, and I can barely get 2 Divine storms in

yah on normal people probably hold bloods for a bit for the purpose of parsing.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Wingzii/simple

Encounter name - n/a

trinkets available - EoU / BLF / RS / Creche

LOGS - worldoflogs.com/reports/hlsnew7flq1ounb3/details/114/?s=7595&e=7858 (Most Recent)

Just wondering if there is anything in that which sticks out to you. I only received the Creche after the Ultraxion kill.

cant post full links

This is a nice thread, thanks for creating it.
    Are you against AHK? You don't use it yourself? If you use it, then how — only with "press-not-spam" macro or with something else? I am going to try AHK for myself but I don't know where to start =)

Oh, and can you share your DPS macros? I mean standard one with cs, tv etc, do you use the default with /startattack and maybe stopcasting exo w/ modifier for hardcast?
    Last edited by Megraam; 2012-02-17 at 07:06 AM.

Oh well, might actually be worth it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zurak/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2278&e=2905

Trinkets available are Creche and EoU.. never seen BLF drop in Dragon Soul ever, never saw a slicer either.
    Encouter: Madness

I have no freaking clue why my dps is so lackluster on Madness, I do similar dps on alts doing pretty much the same thing and alts are nowhere as geared as m y paladin. Oh for this log we started on yellow for the achievement so numbers might be lower than usual, but I have never broke 42k on that fight.

Cheers.

Deleted
    I've been reading your posts for quite a lot time (refering to butosai) and i really appreciate how you are helping retri community. Same things go for anaxie, kisko, pbad... Ive been playing retri specc since cata (my face when its really shit and im outdpsing it with my alt mage ).

I feel somehow unlucky whole expansion with drops and rng . First prenerf gunth never dropped for me, like hc rag hammer ( even normal rag hammer never dropped). Ive just got heroic slicer and it was 2nd drop including normal and heroic version so i was really happy actually and satisfied. Btw im in 6/8 25 man hc guild, we raid only 2 times per week so progress is quite awesome if you ask me. We are like in top 10 guilds in world who raid 2 times per week during whole expansion i think. So finally really happy with my hc slicer i went fast to sw enchanted it and everything ( im thinking of investing massive amount of gold into epic gems atm). I prepared for hc ultraxion but ive had huge lag during first 2 tries so i died to boss mechanics. My best try that evening was sitting on a 50 k dps at 2:50 min mark with best rng in long time. We didnt kill him, our kill was actually pretty shitty, when ive had worst rng eu and slight lag but np im used to that. I was using h aok and eou, since i cant get h creche . I think i am doing oke, i was ranked 9th on heroic hagara for some time, world 19th on hc zonz ( our first kill).

Im interested in ahk, ive been reading about it, but some old topics. I saw you mentioned it in "best retri in the world" subject so can anyone explain it a little better, and perhaps share with me that script.
    Last edited by mmoccd1fced5dc; 2012-02-18 at 10:23 AM.

Im really puzzled about my ultra 25hc dps, i if have nice divpurp procs on pull with BL and all cd's can spike up to 90k dps, at mid point of fight i am usually around 43-45, but as soon we hit 20% hp im dropping bellow 40

Here is our last log from trys http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=55294

Armor link in sig

Trinkets, EoU n, Creche n, BLF h, AoK h

Weapons: Slicer h, Gurth n
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Darkcoolman/advanced

Encounter name: All

trinkets using currently for the encounter: EoU and H AoK except on Hagara I use RS

trinkets available: EoU, H AoK, Rotting Skull

LOGS: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-upwsnhdm4fbotjgn/ and worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0pfxuczd4c73290r/

Deleted
    Hi, mate, i've seen the vids u made for Madness hm and ive loved ur Ui..can u tell me all addons u use?

god damn double posts
    Last edited by Butosai; 2012-02-17 at 02:15 PM.

Hello,

WoLs,
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1650&e=2136

Armoury,
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A9r/simple

Yorsaj Hc 10

Gear available,

Heroic slicer, Norm Gurth,

EoU, BLF (n), Hc Creche, got all the stuff from FL also jst thought would be pointless putting them in.

Thx for the thread and thx in advance for the help if you choose too

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    You can start by stop using AHK lazy
    WTB explanation on what this is...seen it pop up several times and I'm curious as to what it is.

And a simple search answered my question....now how does it help DPS? I see what it is and how to use it, but what overall gain does it have?
    Last edited by Regen; 2012-02-17 at 04:05 PM.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    I hope I'm not out of line asking a few more generalized questions that I've actually not been able to find any answers to. I've recently switched my retribution offspec to my main spec, and gearing has been going okay. I'm using clcinfo currently, so I'm atleast in the ballpark of pressing the right buttons, but I'm noticing a lot of situations where I need to think on the fly (oh my), so I'll get better with time.

Now:

1) When is the right time to switch to Righteousness? Do you switch as soon as there's 2 targets close, or is there some magical number of mobs that need to be present before a switch is necessary? 4 to coincide with Divine Storm perhaps? Do you switch back to Truth when there's only 1 or 2 targets left, or is the gcd just a waste and ramp up time is too high?

2) When I've got 3 holy power, do I pop Zeal+Wings+Inq and then CS to get another 3 for my first TV, or do I want Inq already up before I hit Zeal+Wings so I can immediately TV without "wasting" 3 holy power on Inq? I'm having a little trouble figuring the best way to go about it. Also having trouble getting Zeal+Wings up when Hagara is stunned right after a phase transition. Friggin warrior demolishes me because I can't get my cds up in time.

That's it for now - if the good Butosai hasn't got time to answer, I hope someone else deems these questions worthy. Thanks for your attention!
    1. Answered already.

2. This is 100% dependent on the situation, There is no perfect answer. If you are under the constraints of the Raid lusting or a trinket proc then you know you need to get after it quick that means CD's+Inq then CS for Hopo. If you are able to line it up because it's not lust and you are not using a proc trinket I suggest trying to get a DP proc then build 3 HoPo and then use cd's or building 3 hopo using inq then rebuilding for CD's.

Really it's almost always going to change based on fight as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ubert/advanced

Encounter name - H Hagara

trinkets using currently for the encounter - VoA and Rotting Skull ( very bad luck w/ trinkets)

trinkets available - any from HoT heroics. I have proirity on all dps trinkets that drop now.

LOGS - http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/162242/

We got Hagara down to 454k on an attempt, but then the damn ice phase screwed us. Which phase is best to start w/ too plz, we have been using lightning.

Thanks again

edit: i am the OT, so my drops have suffered a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    This is a nice thread, thanks for creating it.
    Are you against AHK? You don't use it yourself? If you use it, then how — only with "press-not-spam" macro or with something else? I am going to try AHK for myself but I don't know where to start =)

Oh, and can you share your DPS macros? I mean standard one with cs, tv etc, do you use the default with /startattack and maybe stopcasting exo w/ modifier for hardcast?
    AHK for any class is simply quality of life in wow, Having to hold a button down beats the shit out of spamming the crap out of a button. The issue is depending on what ability you are using you can end up firing hard cast exorcism because it kept sending it after an aow proc.

You need to know how to make adjustments so it's not spamming 100 keys a second that just isn't needed.

Against it or for it personally I don't think it matters a lot because we don't live under the same rotation we did it wotlk when DS was such a huge part of our damage. Now it's more of a convenience factor of not spamming a button but it certainly does not give you the DPS increase that it gave in wotlk. That being said I know people that use it on any class that has to spam a button just to not have to spam.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    WTB explanation on what this is...seen it pop up several times and I'm curious as to what it is.

And a simple search answered my question....now how does it help DPS? I see what it is and how to use it, but what overall gain does it have?
    Back in wotlk Bluedeep made it famous because in wotlk our damage was solely based on ECD ( Effective cooldown usage ) so the quicker you could spam a button the better you could do. So AHK spamming buttons is faster than your fingers. On top of that in wotlk you could program it to fire a DS before another ability just to catch all the free procs.

In Cata it's 100% quality of life not spamming buttons it adds no real DPS it just relieves button mashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    AHK for any class is simply quality of life in wow, Having to hold a button down beats the shit out of spamming the crap out of a button. The issue is depending on what ability you are using you can end up firing hard cast exorcism because it kept sending it after an aow proc.

You need to know how to make adjustments so it's not spamming 100 keys a second that just isn't needed.

Against it or for it personally I don't think it matters a lot because we don't live under the same rotation we did it wotlk when DS was such a huge part of our damage. Now it's more of a convenience factor of not spamming a button but it certainly does not give you the DPS increase that it gave in wotlk. That being said I know people that use it on any class that has to spam a button just to not have to spam.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 05:13 PM ----------

Back in wotlk Bluedeep made it famous because in wotlk our damage was solely based on ECD ( Effective cooldown usage ) so the quicker you could spam a button the better you could do. So AHK spamming buttons is faster than your fingers. On top of that in wotlk you could program it to fire a DS before another ability just to catch all the free procs.

In Cata it's 100% quality of life not spamming buttons it adds no real DPS it just relieves button mashing.
    Yes, I know that, thanks =) I just want some how-to with AHK macros, except for ej thread ones.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2012-02-17 at 07:01 PM.

wow i posted a half a page of answers to these this morning and it disappeared. il go back over it when i get home from work.

I've only been playing ret since a few months into cata, so I could be derping it all wrong.
    Wondering what I can do to better myself lol

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...madin/advanced
    Logs for first H Ultrax kill on 25: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5261&e=5614
    I died at about 10% so could lower my dps a bit, but I feel like I did good idunno lol