Poll: Would you like to see an enhancement tanking spec?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The notion of enhancement shammies having limited offtanking capability is a relic of the original WoW when paladin/shaman was limited to faction (and in the original game, paladin tanking was just as limited as shaman tanking).

The prospect of enhancement shaman tanking is irrelevant to the game as it stands now, and would require overloading a single tree with two roles, which is a design they're even moving druids away from in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    The prospect of enhancement shaman tanking is irrelevant to the game as it stands now, and would require overloading a single tree with two roles, which is a design they're even moving druids away from in MoP.
    They're moving away from it by letting you choose your spec, which will no longer have anything to do with your talent tree. No overloading required.

Deleted
    Don't want to loose current enhancement dps spc, but I would approve tanking tree if it meant no changes to enha tree as melee dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing enhance dps, no thank you. Getting a viable tanking spec on the side of dps, yes please bring it! I'm planning once I'm better geared to try tank any boss in DS as shaman, most likely Zon'ozz

I imagine if they did such a thing they would just give you a whole new spec, like how druids get 4 in MoP.

I doubt it though. The game really doesn't need any more tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The game really doesn't need any more tanks.
    There is no such thing as too few tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. If they can make 4 specs for druid, they can definetly add a 4th spec for shaman and design a tank with its own unique abilities that will not interfere with the other specs since you have to dedicate yourself to one tree. Unfortunetly, Blizz is lazy and whatever good and interesting ideas that would have worked for a Shaman tank will instead be used for the Monk class, just like how DK's got all the cool stuff Shaman wanted in wotlk. It's too bad because it would have worked out perfectly, if you look at the 4 elements of earth wind fire and water....they match up perfectly with tank, enhance, elemental, and resto.

Curse your laziness blizzard.

Meh, I'd much rather see the resources used on other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this, among several other classes adding Tank or Healing or even a different DPS spec to them would be great, but it is too big of a change to happen.

Imagine, Enhancement Tanks, Ranged DPS DK, Healing Locks, Tanking priests, Tanking hunters, Tanking Rogues, plenty of opportunity, but it will never happen.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Jiwari View Post
    Two things:
    1. Why hasn't rockbiter been removed if we have no tanking qualities?
    2. Survival and DR cooldowns are there for both PvP and PvE

It seems to me that there remains a bit of shammy-tank legacy and the possibility for it's reanimation as well
    Blizz has already clearly stated the point of rockbiter was for low lvl dungeons and situations where the shaman may want to taunt something off of a healer or taunt something for kiting purposes.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough tanks, geez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    Meh, I'd much rather see the resources used on other things.
    Like what? Blizz has diff teams for diff things, the class design team could easily handle the tank spec while your dungeon group works on dev raid encounters, and your art group designs new gear, pvp group works on bg design and balance ect.

I can't think of anything better to put their resources into then revamping some of the classes and making them feel new and interesting again. Class improvement is easily the #1 thing every player wants to see.

Also wanted to point out that rockbiter has been removed from the current MoP talent calculators.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    Also wanted to point out that rockbiter has been removed from the current MoP talent calculators.
    Yea, sad but true. Bad players crying and bitching about an ability they couldn't understand has once again taken away something unique from my class......even if we never use it, it's potential to be used to kite, tank casters, or temp keep an enemy off a tank or healer was awesome and now its gone. Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiwari View Post
    Two things:
    1. Why hasn't rockbiter been removed if we have no tanking qualities?
    2. Survival and DR cooldowns are there for both PvP and PvE

It seems to me that there remains a bit of shammy-tank legacy and the possibility for it's reanimation as well
    Well Rockbiter is there to be a distracting shot.. does it Taunt NO it forces the enemy to attack for couple secs.

And Shaman have never been tank so there for wouldn't have tank legacy talents..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Yes. If they can make 4 specs for druid, they can definetly add a 4th spec for shaman and design a tank with its own unique abilities that will not interfere with the other specs since you have to dedicate yourself to one tree. Unfortunetly, Blizz is lazy and whatever good and interesting ideas that would have worked for a Shaman tank will instead be used for the Monk class, just like how DK's got all the cool stuff Shaman wanted in wotlk. It's too bad because it would have worked out perfectly, if you look at the 4 elements of earth wind fire and water....they match up perfectly with tank, enhance, elemental, and resto.

That's why I'm rolling a Monk in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account

It's got nothing to do with laziness. There just is no benefit.

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 12:32 AM ----------

Yea, sad but true. Bad players crying and bitching about an ability they couldn't understand has once again taken away something unique from my class......even if we never use it, it's potential to be used to kite, tank casters, or temp keep an enemy off a tank or healer was awesome and now its gone. Sigh.
    I would dare to say that the ability did nothing but confuse bad players who kept clinging to the failed concept of Shaman tanks, but that would be rude and condescending.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's got nothing to do with laziness. There just is no benefit.
    Turning a dream into a reality for diehard shaman fans should be benefit enough. Adding another tank into the mix is a good reason as well. There is certainly no negative consequence in adding a tank spec for shaman.....Blizz is just lazy and doesn't feel like spending the time/money to please a small portion of the player base. Designing it wouldn't even be all that difficult, no more then a brand new monk class, or new guardian spec for druid.

Voted maybe.
    If we could have enhancement plus the tanking tree, then why not. Might try it some day.
    I'd hate to see the enhancement tree turn into a tank spec though, or well would depend on how they made it.
    Could be interesting, but I really don't know. I like enhancement the way it is!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    Blizz has already clearly stated the point of rockbiter was for low lvl dungeons and situations where the shaman may want to taunt something off of a healer or taunt something for kiting purposes.

I'm a6/8 hc rsham and I have to say I love rock biter, I have used it soo many times to save the tank. Hagara hitting enrage? Np taunt and ghost wolf away then before he hits u tank can taunt back, giving like 3/4 extra raid dps
    That is just one situation but one where having improved instant ghost wolf means u can kite and survive that second longer than most other clases.

It's just another utility in our tool kit nothing more really.

Tanking enh would be cool, but tbh bliz would never give us a new tree, otherwise everyone will want one. And it's not viable
    Last edited by mmocd75697c963; 2012-02-20 at 09:11 AM.