Deleted
    I don´t quite get how one would want to play one of the best SP franchises on a PC. I have seen a few mods of GTA4 on youtube and they are all pointless stuff like an iron-man costume, a monster truck, replaced planes on the airport, a mod with a few other cars and all this pointless stuff.

It´s not like mods change the whole game and to be honest GTA has always been the perfect console game and it will stay that way. Also playing it with a mouse and keyboard is like trying to play an arcade racer with your mouse and keyboard.

PC ports of GTA are horrible anyway so I don´t get the guys that are waiting for a PC release instead of just buying the game on a console.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I don´t quite get how one would want to play one of the best SP franchises on a PC. I have seen a few mods of GTA4 on youtube and they are all pointless stuff like an iron-man costume, a monster truck, replaced planes on the airport, a mod with a few other cars and all this pointless stuff.

It´s not like mods change the whole game and to be honest GTA has always been the perfect console game and it will stay that way. Also playing it with a mouse and keyboard is like trying to play an arcade racer with your mouse and keyboard.

PC ports of GTA are horrible anyway so I don´t get the guys that are waiting for a PC release instead of just buying the game on a console.
    Do keep in mind that this forum (indeed, the whole site) is based on a dedicated PC/Mac Game. So obviously everybody who's on this forum is in some way/shape/form experienced Computer Game player. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Do keep in mind that this forum (indeed, the whole site) is based on a dedicated PC/Mac Game. So obviously everybody who's on this forum is in some way/shape/form experienced Computer Game player. :P
    Yeah I have experienced that already when I mentioned in one thread that I am an avid PS3 player. People where like *WOOT you are a console nub??*.

I doubt that GTA 5 would be much more fun on a PC than on the consoles because let´s be honest what would you mod in that game? Silly stuff like Ferraris, pedestrians in silly cloths? a bunch of additional military planes?

The whole previews showed me that GTA 5 is a game where you probably could spend a lot of time even without mods.

BTW: I can still remember the reactions in the Skyrim Megathread of me playing it on a console. Holy shit that was disturbing because how on Earth could you play a mod game like Skyrim on a console?

Why are all the cool games so far from release? GTA V not until next month. Watch_Dogs not until the Holiday.. At least FF14 comes out in a couple weeks.

There was more than just mods. How is that .5GB of ram and low rez textures treating you?

And next-gen consoles only closed the PC gap with small formfactor PCs. You'll need a PS5 to get close to what current high-end pcs can do.

So why would we spend 600 on a console when we can get a 780GTX with that money?
    Also Valve/Steam > Sony and M$.

Ehhhh these "I want my PC release" comments and conspiracies are....

Rockstar stated the didn't have anything planned and NVIDA obviously just threw some random big name games up in their comment. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    if it doesn't come, they i'll play somethink else, i am not buy a 400 dollars ps4 just for 1 games. plenty of open world games out there, starting with watch dogs and saint row 4
    Kay. Glad you have your backup plan all worked out since Rockstar is being unfair.

Except GTA5 is for PS3 not PS4 so you don't have to spend $400, you could just have a console that's been around for 5ish years.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

personal preference, i am more comfortable controling with mouse/keyboard than joypad. To be honest, i believe the shooting is more precise with mouse, i played almost the entire GTA4 with a pistol, lining up the headshots. The driving is ok on keyboard, with a small plus for the analog pad though, but the flying is horrible with the mouse/keyboard, the joypad is almost mandatory for helicopter sequence. That's why i keep a 360 pad on the desk for the rare case where i did fly a chopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ehhhh these "I want my PC release" comments and conspiracies are....

Rockstar stated the didn't have anything planned and NVIDA obviously just threw some random big name games up in their comment. Get over it.

Kay. Glad you have your backup plan all worked out since Rockstar is being unfair.

Except GTA5 is for PS3 not PS4 so you don't have to spend $400, you could just have a console that's been around for 5ish years.

never say rockstar is unfair, where did you get that impression? you misunderstand me. Rockstar takes the decision they estimate sound for their business, and i plan my purchase in fonction of games release. would be nice if they did though. I can't plan for a GTA5 PC purchase, if i don't know it will be release, therefore, i plan to purchase other games. i will survive, no worry ^^
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-08-14 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have experienced that already when I mentioned in one thread that I am an avid PS3 player. People where like *WOOT you are a console nub??*.

I doubt that GTA 5 would be much more fun on a PC than on the consoles because let´s be honest what would you mod in that game? Silly stuff like Ferraris, pedestrians in silly cloths? a bunch of additional military planes?

The whole previews showed me that GTA 5 is a game where you probably could spend a lot of time even without mods.

BTW: I can still remember the reactions in the Skyrim Megathread of me playing it on a console. Holy shit that was disturbing because how on Earth could you play a mod game like Skyrim on a console?
    I am not buying a console for a game if it comes it comes if it doesn't fuck it (looking at you RDR).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    personal preference, i am more comfortable controling with mouse/keyboard than joypad. To be honest, i believe the shooting is more precise with mouse, i played almost the entire GTA4 with a pistol, lining up the headshots. The driving is ok on keyboard, with a small plus for the analog pad though, but the flying is horrible with the mouse/keyboard, the joypad is almost mandatory for helicopter sequence. That's why i keep a 360 pad on the desk for the rare case where i did fly a chopper.
    Or my 600 dollar HOTAS setup :P

I always find it funny when you say something about consoles vs pc and the answer is always "WELL THEY MAKE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS AND MICE" (as if there was an appropriate desk/high response rate monitor, etc in front of you even with correct peripherals) when the same is true for the PC. You just plug in a 360 (or PS3 w/ drivers) controller and play whatever you want with it (steam even tells you what games support this).

It isn't controls, PC can use whatever controls you want.

10+ Year Old Account

It looks like they have ruined the car handling! :@

CVG were at Rockstar North HQ and had a look at GTA Online. here are they talking about it. : p

Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-08-15 at 04:25 PM.

The thing with driving, is pretty much every clip we've seen of driving has been a high end modded car. Which they've said will help with controlling them. Also if they have been playing the same characters / save file to play test GTA online and single player, their driving skill is probably pretty high on top of the car mods. I'd wait to see how low end un-modded cars handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is GTA V online basically an MMO? whats the server capacity like etc? how does it hold up with large volumes of players all together?

goddamn i hope there is a PC release!!!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh. 16 player only per server. :P

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/GTAOnline

Also a exclusive interview with Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North

Part 1

Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-08-15 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only sixteen per server? Yikes...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account

There's only ever been one reason I would buy a game on the console and that disappeared the day I plugged my PS3 controller into my PC, now the only thing that sets the console apart for me are negatives i.e. texture & display resolutions, reduced multiplayer etc.

I don't consider it a travesty of gaming if it doesn't release for the PC, just a shame I won't get to play it as it seems pretty good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Actually that GTA 5 Online stuff looks amazing and I can´t´wait to form a crew with my Brother and my cousin so that we can do stuff together like buying an apartment where we can hang out, do heists, races and simply have fun.

So I think 16 players is a pretty high amount anyway and I would not want to play it like an MMO with hundreds of online players. That just causes a lot of lag.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...only 16 per server. Wow...I was getting pretty damn excited from seeing this on youtube just now till I made it here and read that.

Los Santos is my favorite of all the GTA games tho. Be worth it just to play single player.

Holy shit. GTA5 Online is the best new MMO of 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I thought it would be bad, but then I realized all of the trolling that would happen in that game. It would be like a warzone all day.

Deleted

I prefer having the game on my PC, the machine I sit down to and have everything right within seconds of clicking it. I also like having the game with enhanced shaders, shadows and lighting, textures, post processing etc and a much much higher resolution and smoother frame rate.
    I also use a controller to play but I can play perfectly well with mouse and keyboard and the on-foot gameplay is much easier to control that way.