Page 89 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When the game starts the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    What I'm hoping for is that GTA V starts more like San Andreas, with fun gameplay, and less like IV, where the intro just drags on and on before you get to the point that's ACTUALLY GTA: fighting, shooting and causing a ruckus in Liberty City. I never got to that point because I got bored before that.
    Got to admit this was a big turn off in IV for me too, I was initially tapped out by that intro sequence and did not play it for a loooong time after that. It is totally GTA though, everything I love about the series was in there, somewhere. No San Andreas but it was worth playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wonder how many sales GTA 5 will get by the time GTA 6 comes out, according to wiki it's the 3rd best selling game ever, behind Tetris and Wii Sports, at 45 million sales. The numbers are only 2 months old though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I kind of wonder how many sales GTA 5 will get by the time GTA 6 comes out, according to wiki it's the 3rd best selling game ever, behind Tetris and Wii Sports, at 45 million sales. The numbers are only 2 months old though.
    Not to mention PC release is 2 weeks away
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, is it weird that I am getting sexually excited as the launch date gets closer? or is that normal? I think I might need to see a shrink...
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'll clarify what I mean with "real story". in San Andreas, you immediately get thrown into your gang neighborhood, with the cops first ripping you off, then you escaping Ballas on a bicycle. You then have a few quests for your homies where there is no boring part: there's always some combat involved or some chase. However, the controls for PC and the shooting on PC in San Andreas just isn't fun.

In GTA IV, the first 6 or 7 missions are just boring driving sequences with a few minigames that load you into the plot slowly. you don't start to fight until like mission 8 or 9, and even then, it's just another minigame of sorts with some boxing. shooting is yet again some missions later. And that phone control method is just horrible.

What I'm hoping for is that GTA V starts more like San Andreas, with fun gameplay, and less like IV, where the intro just drags on and on before you get to the point that's ACTUALLY GTA: fighting, shooting and causing a ruckus in Liberty City. I never got to that point because I got bored before that.
    GTAV starts faster if that's what your asking.

Prologue: Bank Heist
    Mission 1: Repossessing cars for your credit fraud salesman you work for
    Mission 2: Repossessing a motorcycle from a mexican gangster that ends up in a shoot out and then a chase to run down the bike
    Mission 3: kidnapping a rival gangsta to try to hold him for randsome
    Mission 4: repossing a car from another main characters son, which effectively destroys your bosses business and introduces the ability to freely switch between 2 characters whenever.

I marked spoilers just in case but just gave you a brief run down of the first 5 missions in GTAV and it get's far more action packed after that with almost every mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a towel.

I just wish GTA V story had more heist missions. There's like, 3 total? The first one was so fun and I was looking forward to more but was pretty disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I just wish GTA V story had more heist missions. There's like, 3 total? The first one was so fun and I was looking forward to more but was pretty disappointed.
    There is 5.

And there are plenty of other large scale missions that give the heist feeling with every character having a major role in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we get closer to the release date PM me your rockstar ID thingies if anyone wants to do heists together. I have no friends on steam that are going to play it and zero friends on rockstar social club!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few friends getting it, but they're all bad at games! I'll gladly play with someone when I'm not carrying them around.

Pre-Launch OnTopic: I can't wait to truly test my GTX 980 that I purchased for this very reason! Of course, there were other reasons such as the Witcher 3 but surely GTAV looks absolutely stunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    My computer won't be able to run it on high or fancy, but I don't mind at this point, just want to play it soooo bad
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    My computer won't be able to run it on high or fancy, but I don't mind at this point, just want to play it soooo bad
    then you could have goten it when it came out over a year ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why? not everyone owns a console let alone a next gen and some people just prefer to play on pc anyway. My Pc will probably run it at 720p (my tv is only 720 anyway) and high settings at best which I'm happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why? not everyone owns a console let alone a next gen and some people just prefer to play on pc anyway. My Pc will probably run it at 720p (my tv is only 720 anyway) and high settings at best which I'm happy with.
    I think his point stands though. Not everyone owns a last gen or current gen console and they might still want to play the game, but everyone who reaaaaaaaally wants to play the game so badly pretty much have all played it. I mean the game is at what like 45 million sold now?

I understand budgets and what not, just stating if someone was dying to play the game they already have the opportunity to.

Either way, looking forward to playing through it for a 3rd time and won't regret triple dipping on it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-04-07 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    what the above poster said. You can get a 360 for what around 100$ now adays?

Deleted
    In hindsight I should have bought it for the Xbox when I bought my new TV. I cba upgrading to a 64-bit OS until Win10 lands, and now I've got a TV I can attach a headset to, there's nothing stopping me from actually listening to what's going on.

OTOH, I suck noodles at playing anything with an controller as opposed to mouse and keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I don't buy inferior control scheme versions of games :P I greatly prefer my mouse and keyboard, and sitting at a desk. I am not ripping on consoles, I own a PS, but I greatly prefer the gta games on pc.

- - - Updated - - -

what the above poster said. You can get a 360 for what around 100$ now adays?
    I could have bought it on console, I greatly prefer gta games on pc. The controls are far better (In my OPINION) and I just like sitting on my desk :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    everyone who reaaaaaaaally wants to play the game so badly pretty much have all played it. I mean the game is at what like 45 million sold now?
    Everyone who reallly wants to already has? No, I have this crazy thing called patience, I'm not a little kid that needs his new toy or he throws a fit or something :P I had other games that could tide me over til march. And then april :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who reallly wants to already has? No, I have this crazy thing called patience, I'm not a little kid that needs his new toy or he throws a fit or something :P I had other games that could tide me over til march. And then april :P
    This. I've been waiting to play this on PC (mainly for the mods). Its been a crazy whirlwind lately with good games to play, and next week will be no different as I can my first taste of GTA5 AND MKX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I don't buy inferior control scheme versions of games :P I greatly prefer my mouse and keyboard, and sitting at a desk. I am not ripping on consoles, I own a PS, but I greatly prefer the gta games on pc.

- - - Updated - - -

I could have bought it on console, I greatly prefer gta games on pc. The controls are far better (In my OPINION) and I just like sitting on my desk :P

- - - Updated - - -

You did it wrong, its reaaaaaaaally, and if you reaaaaaaally wanted it you should have bought it on an inferior console with inferior controls with inferior (future) mod support and inferior multiplayer (in regards to numbers, not necessarily experience). I'm also not bashing consoles having owned every console in every generation except this one and will get one when the games are out.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-04-07 at 02:46 PM.