Thread: Anyone else?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else?

Guys,

My WoW time was 2006 - 2012, when I started playing SWTOR.

I'm already feeling meh about this game. The voice acting was cool, until around lvl 25 when you realise the recycle many of the lines your character says
    "Yawn" "There will be no survivors" etc etc

I'm thinking I'm not just "WOW'ed out" but "MMO'ed out" and have really lost the love for leveling and playing. With that in mind I've 2 questions:

1. Does anyone know a decent 2 player vs 2 player game I can get into online with my brother? (not an MMO please or FPS).

2. Anyone else feeling "meh" about SWTOR already or just me? I'm almost tempted to return to WOW!

-Ak

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure alot of the wow is dead and swtor best MMO ever crew, are slowly coming back with there tails between there legs, I wont at all surprised if Tera online takes a bulk load people away from swtor also.
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-02-23 at 03:47 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

You may want to try LoL if you're looking for a game you can play with a friend(or several friends). It's free to try out, so you're not making too much of an investment if you're not a big fan of it.

I've felt "meh" about SWTOR since release, but that's just because I've been playing it only to pass time until GW2 is released.

I guess Starcraft 2 or other RTS games would be a nice change of scenery for you and your brother. Maybe DoTA, HoN or LoL?

I don't want to come across as hating swtor but it just might seem that way but I just don't get what all the hype was about. I struggled to get one toon to level 40 because it was just so boring. I'm sure there are some that enjoy it but for me it was a 3 year wait that ended up in complete disappointment. I would even go as far as saying I might pirate me3 just so I can feel like I got my money back.

Star Wars was pretty cool to me until the leveling started to slow down. Around level 25 I started skipping quest dialogue because I knew what the NPC had to say was not important, nor were my responses. This was not the game's fault but my own. I was ready to get to 50 and start raiding; I was looking forward to the end without enjoying the in between.

It lasted about 5-6 weeks for me. I don't find end game PvE very interesting, and even when I hit rank 60 I couldn't care enough to get full battlemaster gear. I won't return to WoW though, I'd rather just play nothing since all I end up doing in WoW is standing in org waiting for raid times.

I've tried leveling new characters, and as great as people say the questing is, I just don't find it very repeatable. I even made a character on the other side, and it's better than trying to level an alt through content I've already seen, but the motivation isn't there.

GW2 won't disappoint me, there's not a single thing I can find bad about the game, so tomorrow I plan on going to Gamestop and preordering it. I'm pretty sure I won't be renewing my SWTOR sub next month when my time runs out.

'Meh' is a pretty good way to put it...I wasn't even really interested in the game in the first place, but I had the money so I bought it. I enjoyed it for a month but after that it started to go down hill. If I ever log in again it'll just be to kill time.

I think it's probably more the structure of the game that I'm bored with. WoW, Rift, and SWTOR, none of them can hold my interest anymore.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-02-23 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am enjoying the game personally. I am sure there are people like you guys in this thread who are kind of getting bored with the game; its only natural. Its not for everyone I suppose. However, I am really enjoying it. Knocking out server first nightmare clears as a 16man guild is what is exciting me. I like having my full best in slot gear with a ton of credits, just waiting for the march patch. Idk, I like progressing in games to get gear. I got bored of WoW after 7 years. Its not that WoW is bad, I am just burned out from all that time spent :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have enjoyed the game so far, I have been playing for 2 months and my highest toon is lvl 40. I have the following toons 35,24,21,17 I;ve changed sides and servers to play with some old wow friends. I just stopped playing my lvl 40 warriors because i just hated having to heal after every pull (could be just me) I am now level a sorcerer which is lvl 17 and i rather enjoy it.

I am finding that sometimes i am skipping the chat because i have already done them a few times. I still enjoy playing it and after 7yrs of wow its refreshing. Once i killed DW there just wasnt anything worth doing on wow, its has become super easy and its lost its epic feel. Idk maybe a few months away from it will be good idk. I have paid for the 1 yr sub because i;ve always played wow an never thought there would be any other game i would play. I didnt even get swtor on release i got it on nye and have been playing since.

I would like to see the game be successful i like like the futuristic mmo feel.

Will i go back to wow? idk maybe but not anytime soon, well not until the new expansion comes out to check it out.
    Last edited by Decan; 2012-02-23 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Im sure alot of the wow is dead and swtor best MMO ever crew, are slowly coming back with there tails between there legs, I wont at all surprised if Tera online takes a bulk load people away from swtor also.
    Would never go back to WoW; neither game is good in my opinion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I´d suggest you try out Magicka, http://www.magickagame.com/ i had some blast with few friend, even thos it was kinda buggy when i bought it pretty soon after the release. You can play with 1-4 players while the encounter difficulty scales depending how many guys you playing with. All are mages and have spells, but the funniest part is that you can use all different elements together, so that pretty much never get sma kinda off effect. Worth for a check i´d say.

Deleted
    i´m waiting for the next big patch, its just a month.

pve is quite fun with my guild (we are only 1 or 2 time the week in heroic flashpoints and we still don´t raid becauso we have only 5 lvl 50 toons in our guild)

pvp is a bit lonely becauso only 2 of us are interestet in pvp and 1 plays really "casualistic". i´m rank 55 and the only goal i have right now is rank 60.

so i don´t know how long i will play this game but i know that i will not go back to wow. every thing that made me leave this game is still there and they are even make it worse.

Deleted
    The only thing that is boring me right now at max level is lack of PvP content. Warzones are fun and all, but after playing them all day long you do get a bit bored and annoyed. I actually like Ilum sometimes because I get to have a lot of 1v1 fights there, but the majority of the time it's simply empty so it gets even more dull than warzones.

The reasons I'm sticking to it are a few:
    1) there are no other games around currently I think are of my likings or -- for the ones I do -- I simply don't feel like wasting time/money on a new one to level up and all that crap.
    2) I believe this game as one of the best class balance in pvp I've seen around. There is no "severely underpowered" or "severely overpowered" class in the game. The only downside to this is that you have to be in the right spec or you'll gimp yourself severely.

I'm not looking forward to Tera. Reminds me too much of Aion and I'd be damned if I ever go back to a game like that one. GW2 seems to be the only good game that is coming out in the nearest future.

WoW simply burned me out for good. I really thought it would a game I'd play for a long, long time, but right now Blizzard is simply not catering to my kind of player and the game from that prospective is simply going even more downhill as weeks passes. I'll try out MoP, but I don't think I will stick to it.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2012-02-23 at 07:14 AM.

I loved WoW and love SWTOR, The raiding guild im in for swtor just pisses about and jokes and we are still 9/10 NMM. Tho i dont see any "need" to log in before raid times. The gearing in the game is pretty dam fast, Im a mix of PvP and PvE and been 50 on my merc for like.. a day. Its a shame but its ok :P, I got Tera beta this weekend and hopefully GW2 (even tho im 100% getting that) so we see how it goes.

I know, I'm not playing swtor like I used to play wow. Playing beta certainly didn't help as it ruined the bounty hunter story for me and that's what I wanted to be my main ever since I heard about the game but I just can't level one anymore because I did it in beta.
    Right now I'm just waiting for GW2 playing swtor once in a while. I want to finish some stories before GW2 though.
    I felt like returning to wow a few times too but I really can't go back because I gave away all my stuff and I don't want to do dailies to get gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akcis View Post
    Guys,

I'm already feeling meh about this game. The voice acting was cool, until around lvl 25 when you realise the recycle many of the lines your character says

I'm thinking I'm not just "WOW'ed out" but "MMO'ed out" and have really lost the love for leveling and playing. With that in mind I've 2 questions:

1. Does anyone know a decent 2 player vs 2 player game I can get into online with my brother? (not an MMO please or FPS).

2. Anyone else feeling "meh" about SWTOR already or just me? I'm almost tempted to return to WOW!

-Ak
    I have the same feeling, I liked SWTOR a lot before I hit 50 and realized it's so similar to WOW.

There's a few great MMO's coming out that are different from the WoW-type gaming, so might want to try them.

Especially GW2, Tera, TSW, Archeage look great.

GW2 Beta signups just started so might want to check that out, you can only sign up today and tomorrow
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Step 1
    Buy starcraft II
    Step 2
    Lose your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

I'm sure some people are done with SWTOR. I'm sure some are still having a blast. What more is there to discuss? What I'd like to know is why people who've stopped playing still mill around the SWTOR boards. Very odd.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-02-23 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akcis View Post
    Guys,

-Ak
    I'm exactly the same,

I enjoyed the leveling experience, but the end-game is a mirror copy of WoW's, only with less to do and significantly more bugs. The daily quests are beyond bland, the lack of a global LFG is crippling, and Ilum is arguably the most horribly executed idea in the history of MMOs. To add injury to insult, there's no dual spec. Seriously? In this day and age I can't switch between tanking and dps, or PvE and PvP specs on the fly? I started that excruciating Battlemaster grind and gave up around hour 300 of Huttball.

Frankly, WoW does WoW better then SWTOR does. SWTOR is everything that made me leave WoW, only they do it even worse. That said, there's no way I'm coming back to WoW, that ship has long sailed.

I suppose I'll cross my fingers and hope I get in the GW2 beta.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2012-02-23 at 12:29 PM.