Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I hope they do what blizzard did and just give pets a massive damage reduction against aoe damage.
    The higher you level the more sturdy they become, they benefit from your stats so if you want your wolf or w/e to not die wear some vitality or toughness armor and don't be a glass canon

BTW: Did anyone ever use a pig type pet? Or was it just me? Because i've found that the flat out normal Pig's forage skill would Find Eggs, Seed Pods, and Bottles of Rum pretty commonly, and then he's also found globs of gunk, tree branches, and a vine before (the later 3 i've only seen once, MAYBE twice, each and were down in the swampy areas of the human starting zone) and i was wondering if the other swines had a different ratio of item finds, or even a different item pool in what they found!
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-05-03 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Sig of stone gives Immunity? I thought it just took conditions away from you and when activated gave em to your pet....

And did you use Moas? Or Birds? Because Moas have 2 screeches the flying birds have 1 i believe... and i loved smashing my number 2 axe skill right in someones face, so much damage, so many bleeds =D
    I used Moas x2 So there was that, OP fear. But yeah Sig of Stone gives immunity (when traited it gives you immunity also )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I used Moas x2 So there was that, OP fear. But yeah Sig of Stone gives immunity (when traited it gives you immunity also )
    Oh nice!! and i used a red moa and my beloved Sir Oinks A Lot most of the time xD probably my least favorite thing about pets is THERES SO MANY!!

How do they expect me to choose between wolves, drakes, pigs, moas, and etc!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    wolves, drakes, pigs, moas, and etc!!

Don't forget lions, and tigers, and bears!

Oh my!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Don't forget lions, and tigers, and bears!

Oh my!
    lol never used a bear or a feline pet, but from what i've heard the cats did a lot of damage and the bears didn't die.

Deleted
    lol never used a bear or a feline pet, but from what i've heard the cats did a lot of damage and the bears didn't die.
    In PvP it's another story... Cats did indeed pretty good damage but they died like ants beneath a human foot :P And bears had about no damage but could survive a bit longer/remove your condition (one or all, can't rremember...).

- So what pets are you gonna use in PvP and then PvE?

10+ Year Old Account
    On my own Ranger, which I likely won't play until I buy new slots, I'd plan to use feline. That Mighty Roar is just too awesome to ignore.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP it's another story... Cats did indeed pretty good damage but they died like ants beneath a human foot :P And bears had about no damage but could survive a bit longer/remove your condition (one or all, can't rremember...).

- So what pets are you gonna use in PvP and then PvE?
    Oh god, so many choices lol...

in the beta i used a Hyena and a Marsh drake in pvp, hyenas apply stability to all allies when they use their howl (summons another hyena to fight with you) and drakes were AOE bad asses that didn't give a shit what anyone did, cause bitch they'll do what they want xD.

In PVE i used Sir Oinks A Lot my beloved pig, and then i swapped the other one around a bit, i didn't use him in pvp because i was afraid people would be able to steal my forged items and use them against me... didn't test if they could or not though lol

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4vi...feature=g-vrec Found this greatsword ranger pvp vid. Greatsword hits like a trucccckk.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4vi...feature=g-vrec Found this greatsword ranger pvp vid. Greatsword hits like a trucccckk.
    Meh they were ok, i prefer my axes and torch though lol

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...12.5.3.8.10.11 Here's a greatsword/longbow spec I came up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...12.5.3.8.10.11 Here's a greatsword/longbow spec I came up with.
    Glass canon spec? I'd highly suggest stacking vitality on your gear to avoid blowing up the second you get into combat with that xD

Deleted
    I hope that's not for PvP becouse it's awful then... Sorry to say so. I'll give you an better Greatsword/Longbow spec later today

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how that is a bad pvp spec. I've seen ranger vids where they don't even use vitality in their traits and they do just fine. Traiting into toughness isn't that great because you only get an 11% damage reduction if you go full into wilderness survival. Vitality has proven to be a much better stat at the moment. Though I do think I need to find a way to get natural vigor just for the endurance regen.

Deleted
    I don't see how that is a bad pvp spec. I've seen ranger vids where they don't even use vitality in their traits and they do just fine. Traiting into toughness isn't that great because you only get an 11% damage reduction if you go full into wilderness survival. Vitality has proven to be a much better stat at the moment. Though I do think I need to find a way to get natural vigor just for the endurance regen.
    It's not the trait direction you choose, it's the traits. You're going for pure damage, okey it may seem awesome (actually meet some of the Warriors and Rangers which went greatsword, I owned them litterarly after readapting). An skilled enemy will just dodge out of the way when you use your cooldowns and wait it out then they'll go back in and get you like nothing. The traits you use has NO utility at all, you won't be able to assist yourself anyhow. You'll have to have a team that babysits you, ok that might be OK in structured if you got a good team (that can lock down enemy for you to burst).
    I'll improve it and I'll hear your opinion later, going to a Driving Theory Lesson now

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently shortbow and longbow have the same range after all?

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 03:42 PM ----------

It's not the trait direction you choose, it's the traits. You're going for pure damage, okey it may seem awesome (actually meet some of the Warriors and Rangers which went greatsword, I owned them litterarly after readapting). An skilled enemy will just dodge out of the way when you use your cooldowns and wait it out then they'll go back in and get you like nothing. The traits you use has NO utility at all, you won't be able to assist yourself anyhow. You'll have to have a team that babysits you, ok that might be OK in structured if you got a good team (that can lock down enemy for you to burst).
    I'll improve it and I'll hear your opinion later, going to a Driving Theory Lesson now
    I'm already working on a revision right now.

So apparently shortbow and longbow have the same range after all?

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 03:42 PM ----------

I'm already working on a revision right now.
    Yes, but longbows do more damage the further you are from your target.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...12.11.7.8.3.11 Here's my new spec. I'm using a shortbow instead of longbow. Signet of the beast master paired with signet of stone seems really OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...12.11.7.8.3.11 Here's my new spec. I'm using a shortbow instead of longbow. Signet of the beast master paired with signet of stone seems really OP.
    Ooooh that's pretty sexy man!! And btw... shortbow, quite a bit shorter range then long bow... the range of weapons for ranger from shortest to longest was sword, greatsword/spear, axe, shortbow, longbow /harpoon gun.

Now don't get me wrong, you'll still be a good distance away from the enemy if you can stay at max range with shortbow, longbow is just simply EVEN FURTHER.

PS: Mind me suggesting that you move you 10 points from nature magic to beastmastery and pick up the drake training so you have a pet that removes conditions once they are transferred to it? not to mention drakes do a TON of aoe damage...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's looking like shortbow and long bow have the same baseline range, but you can trait the longbow to go farther. I think I'll like shortbow better because I HATE the idea of being farther away to deal more damage, it just comes off as tedious and annoying.