Deleted

Heroic spine trinket choice boomkin

Hello,

Normally I have to heal this encounter since it's a 3 healer fight but, we changed some things in our line-up and I have to dps on spine tonight.

Now my question is which trinkets should I be using, if I reforge fully to mastery, and should I even bother with any haste breakpoint or just go all out mastery?

Should I be use

Will of Unbinding + Bottled Wishes

OR

Will of Unbinding + Necromantic Focus(HC) for the mastery?

I'm talking about spine 10 man heroic.

Thanks in advance.

Your gear choices all depend on your comp and role in the fight.
    If you are having any trouble killing the tendons in 2 pops, go bottled wishes for sure.

I would only recommend H necro if you are the blood killer (i.i. sit in solar most of the fight) otherwise the trinket is not very strong.

The SP you get from the use makes Bottled Wishes far superior to Necromantic for the tendons, however I doubt you'll need to reforge/gear anything special for this fight anymore.

Personally I still go for haste breakpoints, the difference is extremely small and without a decent ammount of haste you're still:
    Blowing up shrooms, dotting, nuking and with low haste probably ending up halfway to lunar after having tossed out a cuople of weak ass wraths outside of solar.

With high haste, shrooms, dotting, nuking from solar to lunar and getting off a starfire in lunar. (more or less)

What you probably should do if you look to maximize dmg on a tendon is to make sure your haste matches your delay giving you an exact number of casts non wasted on the tendon. (traveltime aso b4 it closes). Having 0.1s left on a cast and seeing it stopped cuz the plate shut close is no fun.

Deleted
    Armory :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%81nami/simple

comp

Feral druid(tank)
    Warrior tank
    Arcane mage
    Retri pala
    Fury Warrior
    Shadowpriest
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pala
    Resto Shaman

Moonkin

I was resto on this fight before so I haven't dps'd it.

Atm i'm not a blood killer since we have our ret do it with HC Bone-Link Fetish and spamming divine storm to help a bit on the healing..

In 10 man is it worth as moonkin to dot up the bloods right before tendon comes up to get more shooting stars procs?

Deleted
    I can only imagine pre dotting bloods before tendons as being a plus. More instant starsurges is the only thing we can play to our strength on this fight.

You don't want to predot too much, predotting = less NG uptime during tendon.

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    You don't want to predot too much, predotting = less NG uptime during tendon.
    pre-dot before you hit solar.

It varies what the problem is for you guys - if you are just starting the fight and the tendons are an issue - bottled wishes is a must. However, if your dps is fine (with hero we hit about 9m burn, 7.5m or so without hero) and the issue is being overwhelmed with bloods on the last plate - use your regular trinkets for amalgation burn with haste reforging. 10 man RNG hates me so the trinkets I used were the 397 rag trinket and the 410 int/haste trinket. The haste procs and haste reforging also allowed me to manage a nearly normal rotation on the amalgation and still make it back to solar every time for the burn.

Just a note - on 3rd plate, burn 1 and burn 2, shrooms can be EXTREMELY dangerous to use due to the number of bloods spawning. Our strat involving controlled rolls of amalgations with blood stacks also meant we aoed down the bloods (raid cds) in a 5-8s window, and killing them early with shrooms caused bad respawns that were not collected and rolled off the boss.

Speking form a 25 man heroic standpoint. Bottled Wishes is a must for boomkin. Killing more then 9 bloods is just not an option so I use Insignia and Bottled wishes. I track the ICD for Insignia so I can save it for tendons. Camping and doing nothing to save the proc really sucks but amalg damgae and killing bloods is not what the fight is about, killing the tendons it the only thing that matters.

In 10 man to keep bloods more manageable we were doing only 2 stuns/ corruption, necessitating a full rotation on the amalgation.