Building new computer..Please Help.

Looking to build a new computer. I've never done it before. Upgrading from my macbook pro I've had since 2006.
    I have a list of parts I got from one of the "build of the month"'s and I'm wondering if it will all be compatible/serve the purposes I will be using it for.

I will be using it for gaming as well as using digital media programs such as Maya, After effects, Photoshop. I'd like to have decent render times in those programs and be able play games with close to the highest settings. Also would like to keep it under $1500, but don't have a strict budget. I already have a monitor that I will upgrade at a later date.

* CPU
    * Motherboard
    * RAM
    * Graphics Card
    * Power Supply
    * HDD
    * SDD
    * CPU Cooler
    * Case
    * DVD

Any suggestions on parts I should change? Thank you for reading.

Here is my list of parts for the computer I am currently in the process of building. There are notes on the right side. For the build, I based it off of the high end recent computer build by chaud with modifications of my own based on research and price/quality. The total cost was exactly $1000 with shipping. Since you have a higher budget, you should get a better GPU, get the i7 2600k, consider a larger SSD, absolutely grab at least 16g of ram, and consider upgrading the mother board to the new V3. Other than that, the build I listed is pretty high end.

Also, pick out a badass case. If I had a higher budget, I would have grabbed this case as I think it looks really sweet. Do not buy a case under $100 if you want it to last many builds.

Edit: Oh, and download PriceBlink for Google Chrome. Money saved = better parts.

And review this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 12:28 AM ----------

After reviewing your parts more closely, I have the following comments:

CPU: Good choice
    Motherboard: Motherboards fully depend on your needs. If you do a lot of video editing, you may need more hard drives. Make sure it had the features you want. (ports, bluetooth, exc.)
    Ram: If you render, you should get at least 16gb of ram. The ram I bought is a little more expensive and a little faster (2133). Up to you.
    Graphics Card: With your budget, you could do a lot better.
    PSU: For $10 more, I bought a 760W quality PSU with silver power rating. Check it out.
    HHD: If you can't recycle an old HHD, you can't go wrong with WD. Prices are still nearly 2x their normal price since the accident.
    SSD: Not an expert, but after a lot of research, it seemed that the one I bought was the best one in that capacity range (120gb). If you want a larger one, do some research.
    CPU Cooler: Overclocking? I would wait until after you built the computer with the fan it came with to see if you even need it. If so, then buy it.
    Case: Don't subject your $1500 computer to a $60 case! See above post.
    DVD: People still use these?
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2012-02-20 at 05:30 AM.