Recommended DoT timer?

Hey all,

Currently I have been playing a lil Frost DPS and I am terribad at managing my DoTs. Can anyone recommend an addon to keep track of these? I'd specifically love it if it would alert me 5 seconds before the debuff wears off with some sort of visual effect. I use Quartz but it is not the best DoT timer and during a chaotic phase I easily get side-tracked.

Thanks all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE DK Monitor. It let me put my diseases right above my bar on the current target, and flash them (and make them HUGE). That means I never, ever miss them because as long as I focus on my target I'm aware of my diseases.

Try it.

ForteXorcist and NeedToKnow can both be set up to show bars with the remaining duration on all your DoTs and effects you choose to track.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    ForteXorcist and NeedToKnow can both be set up to show bars with the remaining duration on all your DoTs and effects you choose to track.
    Can you move it to wherever you want? The power of the DK Monitor is I can set them up to be where my eyes are the most so I can track without having to really leave focus.

I just made a seperate bar in Satinas Buff Frame to track my debuffs on my target, it's a bit of dicking around but I like how it works, I have the bar positioned above my own unit frame so it's near my RP, runes and CD tracker, keeps everything I need to know instantly centralised.

NeedToKnow. It's an awesome buff/debuff/whatever-the-fuck-you-want-it-to-be timer. I use it on my rogue for tracking Rupture and Slice and Dice, while monitoring the remaining CDs on Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush, as well as my poisons and the Bandit's Guile buff.

You can set it up and move it wherever. Just takes a little time fiddling with it.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Can you move it to wherever you want? The power of the DK Monitor is I can set them up to be where my eyes are the most so I can track without having to really leave focus.
    Yes you can. Powerauras works aswell , you can set that so that you dont have to the target targeted ( meaning you can track dots on things you arent attacking so keep multidoting , which NTK cant )

i've also found CLC Dk to be a great tool for keeping DoT's up and managing my abilities.

As the above poster mentioned, CLCDK is excellent. I have tried many DK addons, and it is by far my favorite. Very customizable, and lets you track basically all of your specs main CDs, diseases in one spot.

I use dki runes. It has two(or 3 for blood/unholy) It also keeps track of your runic power and runes. Its 100% movable and scalable. So if it want it small or large and in the middle of the screen you can.

I use "Three Rune Bars" myself. It shows Runic Power, Runes and their recharge times, and Disease Uptimes. (As different bars)

You can move each set of bars to anywhere you want, change the sizes of them individually, and you can change their opacity.

I prefer DK Monitor to track my diseases as well as runes and RP.

Need to Know and Power Auras are also very good if they're more to your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I use Quartz, also comes with a nice cast bar for your alts if needed.
    VII.