Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I thought leveling was fantastic, its buggy but they'll get around to fixing it if they don't bleed subs Rift style.

Deleted
    Sw:tor was hyped as hell and died faster than any other mmo, well.

I forgot to add that some of the story lines are intense and I noticed physically draining, because of how involved you get in the story.

The only other story from other mmos that I liked was from Wow, the Death Knight beginning story. I cried when I had to kill a certain person in the story, I think it was a relative, its been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Sw:tor was hyped as hell and died faster than any other mmo, well.
    Snip. Don't spam.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2012-02-21 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Pretty much this. Most of the idiots who expected it to be WoW in Space are gone. The game is still doing fine, but the hype for attracting that crowd is gone. This is a good thing. Now would actually be a good time to start SWTOR, cause most of the people left (a lot of them, trust me) accept the game for what it is.
    Oddly enough I feel the same way about the players who left WoW to play this piece and a half. Good riddance indeed!

Cancelled my sub a month early. BioWare can enjoy and choke on that $15 of mine!

WoW, Guild Wars 2, abd Diablo 3 it is!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    WoW is losing sub by the thousands and a new content patch seems far, far , far away.
    SWTOR is gaining sub by the thousands and is getting content every patch.

Need i say more?
    SWToR however dropped the ball by embracing everything that was wrong with WoW (Cata specifically) and not taking the good stuff from wow (simple things such as mouseover, a usable AH).
    Sure they will fix it but many of those who have lost interest would probably wait for D3 or GW2 now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    When you're rank 55, and you've been playing Huttball for over 300 hours, trust me, it's tedious, not a 'challenging dimension to pvp.'
    Only rank 55? I probably have about three times the valor you have and I'm still having major fun in Huttball, mainly because knockbacks and leaping around are so much fun. The only move that gets old is "speed through fire" since there's no way to counter that with good play (like you can counter a knockback that you see is coming by positioning, using some cooldown or stun on the would be knockbacker).

Too bad Huttball is really the only good thing about this game. Personally waiting to see the next new warzone to see if the sub is worth continuing.

what happend? well im playing it atm and having a shit ton of fun xD

Deleted
    It's pretty good. Hope they put in a looking for dungeon thing because it's boring as hell trying to find a healer for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by volraths View Post
    what happend? well im playing it atm and having a shit ton of fun xD
    how, given that all the servers are down because the game is dead

15+ Year Old Account
    I just cancelled my subscription today, and I have many reasons for why I did this. I won't go into my reasons, but I will say this, this game has alot of potential if the developers actually listen to the community. If they do listen and actually make some improvements then I will be back.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing it and loving it.

After 7yrs of playing wow this game has pulled me away from it.

Please will bitch about everything, some people will never let go on wow. If you like the game play it if you dont like the game dont play it.

There are servers coming to Australia which will be fantastic, none of this blizzard bullshit "oceanic" fake servers. That is a very big and fantastic move.

swtor aint dead and going strong its very great game if u like star wars stuff play it !

Gave my account to a friend. Goodbye War Hero Vuldin, first War Hero trooper on Swiftsure, it was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    This isnt the mmo you are looking for.

You can go about your business.

Move along.

In all seriousness, guild wars 2 is looking to be the mmo that will set the new standard in the industry, not swtor, which, although it sounds like I'm trolling I'm not, is just WoW but with a Star Wars setting.
    looking at the GW2 vids that wont be the mmo to go for either, add it to the list of overhyped games, it looks like shit.
    also this thread needs deleting, op a troll like someone else that linked his post history from december claiming he brought the game digitally anyway.

Its doing just fine. Still playing it, still loving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me personally, the storyline and leveling was AMAZING. the questing itself like outside of storyline was well paced but boring and monotonous after a while. Same old kill 10 this collect 10 that etc. End game is just stupid so i stopped playing. WoW's still terrible as well, again all opinions here. I'd recommend checking out info on Guild wars 2...press beta NDA came off so theres a bunch of videos and new info out.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razkul View Post
    So I have a question. I have been staying away from MMO's for about 5months. Last time I heard SWTOR was going to be the "new" MMO. But now I hear it's dieng? So what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Why dont you tell us?
    Nice catch
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post14766573

Quote Originally Posted by Razkul View Post
    Awesome. Yeah I bought it digitally. You think because of the massive amount of people it just has not gone out yet? Or should I go ahead and contact them asap. Which is impossible because of the high amounts of people, I wont even be able to get through.

And in my Code Redemption page it says:

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

12.03.2011 Star Wars™:
    The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

I don't understand how so many missed your post and actually responded to him.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    for me personally, the storyline and leveling was AMAZING. the questing itself like outside of storyline was well paced but boring and monotonous after a while. Same old kill 10 this collect 10 that etc. End game is just stupid so i stopped playing. WoW's still terrible as well, again all opinions here. I'd recommend checking out info on Guild wars 2...press beta NDA came off so theres a bunch of videos and new info out.
    Yet another example of every star wars thread turning into a commercial for Guild Wars 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's doing fine...

People tend to assume that if a game isn't called "World of Warcraft", it's doing poorly. SWTOR is actually doing really damn well right now.

I don't play it, or even like it much, but anyone can see that it's the furthest thing from a failure.