View Poll Results: Which is going to be your main profession?

Voters
1134. This poll is closed
  • Warrior

132 11.64%
  • Guardian

100 8.82%
  • Ranger

102 8.99%
  • Thief

147 12.96%
  • Enngineer

98 8.64%
  • Necromancer

121 10.67%
  • Elementalist

150 13.23%
  • Mesmer

123 10.85%
  • Haven't decided yet

161 14.20%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    ... I'm assuming you mean back in Wrath. Mages and Rogues right now are more OP than Frost DKs were OP back then.
    We're talking about PvP, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    We're talking about PvP, right?
    Both, actually. Nobody can hold up against a Rogue right now, and Mages are just as bad as ever.

Not sure where Frost DKs lie exactly, but they're not OP.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm just glad that people don't have the same opinions as my friends, it would be a pain if everyone was a necromancer besides a warrior (Me!), mesmer (also me..) and guardian (not me) running around.
    Seriously, seems like 95% of the people I've asked that I will be playing with seem to want to roll necromancers.
    There quite a lot of diversity with classes right now. Lots of options to fit into one of the three rolls guild wars 2 has. Don't think you'll see Necromancers going the same spec with same utilities like wow arcane mages for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    There quite a lot of diversity with classes right now. Lots of options to fit into one of the three rolls guild wars 2 has. Don't think you'll see Necromancers going the same spec with same utilities like wow arcane mages for example.
    ...GW2 doesn't have 3 roles.

Every class is every role.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Not quite sure yet, either elementalist or warrior.

Both, actually. Nobody can hold up against a Rogue right now, and Mages are just as bad as ever.

Not sure where Frost DKs lie exactly, but they're not OP.
    Well since you're using the present tense, you'd be correct. But I was more talking 4.1 or 4.2 for Frost DKs (not sure which), and 4.0 (before mastery nerf) for Frost Mages.

I still don't understand why people all of a sudden think rogues are overpowered. It's not like they went through any gamebreaking buffs between now and months ago.

Just speaking from a 1v1 perspective, rogues are very strong. I can't really name any class I will consistently lose against as one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why people all of a sudden think rogues are overpowered. It's not like they went through any gamebreaking buffs between now and months ago.
    Scaling, primarily. It made their damage absolutely crazy.

...GW2 doesn't have 3 roles.

Every class is every role.
    Every class can be any role doesn't me you can achieve all of them. You cant be Control Support and Damage at the same time.

Scaling, primarily. It made their damage absolutely crazy.
    Wouldn't the same carry over for other melee, especially warriors?

I quit like 2 weeks after 4.3, so I don't know any of this. =P

Deleted
    mesmer ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't the same carry over for other melee, especially warriors?
    They don't scale nearly as well as the Rogue does. Different classes benefit from the stats on their gear in different ways.

Ele is going to be a very fast paced play style compared to the other classes. I wouldn't make one unless you play like a Korean. Juggling around 16 cooldowns with the 4 attunements will be a hell of a lot of micro.

What I'm getting from it is: High skill cap (high potential), low skill floor (basically bad players will be bad, the class won't carry them)
    We will see how 4 attunement juggling will be effective. With the trait system and equip specialization I can imagine you will have 2 strong attunements or 4 medicore ones and the attunement switching itself does it not eat your gcds ? Regardless while the skill cap on eles may be high, being viable as elementalist will not be as difficult as with necro or other classes imo. We will see after launch.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class can be any role doesn't me you can achieve all of them. You cant be Control Support and Damage at the same time.
    technically you can. Maybe not as good at one as other people because of traits... but my thief build has mostly a damage focus while still having access to cripples and blinds and even a group buff.

Deleted
    Of course you can, that's just a matter of weapon sets and utility skills. It's even better. Going full full support for example will gimp your damage way too much.

technically you can. Maybe not as good at one as other people because of traits... but my thief build has mostly a damage focus while still having access to cripples and blinds and even a group buff.
    A saying that I think applies to this game very well is jack of all trades master of none. Would it be easier for a group have one person dedicated to control roll then having three people try to fill 1 control roll? I'm Not saying it cant be done just sounds easier on paper.

A saying that I think applies to this game very well is jack of all trades master of none. Would it be easier for a group have one person dedicated to control roll then having three people try to fill 1 control roll? I'm Not saying it cant be done just sounds easier on paper.
    You may get cd capped with just one person being the support or bruiser or whatnot.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

the Charr elite skill Artillery Strike sounds so like a lot of fun to use XD

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    You may get cd capped with just one person being the support or bruiser or whatnot.
    What I'm thinking is its easier to have someone be control/dmg and second person be dmg/control then assist that person when that scenario occurs.Then trying to manage multiple people trying to play 1 roll. You know how much coordination it would to take to make sure people don't burn all their cooldowns at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like it's something you can actively avoid. You can't. Many damaging abilities apply a secondary effect, and there's no point to avoid using it just because of that secondary effect.

You act like it's something you can actively avoid. You can't. Many damaging abilities apply a secondary effect, and there's no point to avoid using it just because of that secondary effect.
    Not sure what you are trying to get at but, what I'm saying is its easier to manage people when they are playing 2 roll's and not 3. Not saying you can't have a group of 5 people playing all 3 rolls, its just easier to manage a setup of 2x control/dmg, 2x support/dmg and 5th man being what ever your groups is lacking more of.