AP counter, WIN!

Playing ranked game .. I see they pick Veigar mid, my team goes "You are so screwed in mid!"

.. I pick Galio!

Sorry about the little scenario, I just had an epiphany with Galio! I mean, he counters pretty much any AP mid! Veigar was useless against me! Even at lvl 18 with his full burst combo he could not kill me .. got me to about 40% from full! So all the people out there in need of a good AP counter for mid, or top for that matter, try out Galio

I agree completely. Galio is extremely strong against AP. Shame he isn't used very often.

Deleted
    I even got him skinned!

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    I even got him skinned!
    This would sound SOOO wrong if it were any other game than LoL. :P

I found out I had a skin for him aswell lol! Think I bought the skin bundle when he was first released .. Haven't really played him since, gotta take him up again

Picked LeBlanc the other day... Stuck against Galio >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    huh, I never thought of laning galio mid, but he would shut down most mid carries.

I could see cass giving him trouble with her harass, but not too many other aps could hurt him.

Though if they put their ranged AD in mid it wouldn't really favor galio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galio is anti-ap, so yeah.....
    Cass can't do shit, look back to Kiev finals, m5 Galio vs TSM Cass 1st game

He's a good top or mid.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    huh, I never thought of laning galio mid, but he would shut down most mid carries.

I could see cass giving him trouble with her harass, but not too many other aps could hurt him.

Though if they put their ranged AD in mid it wouldn't really favor galio.
    Even with an AD carry mid he still have a massive range to farm with, he can instant kill caster minions by lvl 5 with 2 abilities. And they are pretty cheap manawise. Also start out with chalice and you will have no mana problems at all, all game!

Deleted
    Meet galio mid, swap lanes, gank them while they swap lanes, have advantage, keep advantage, win.

Galio is pretty much a beast right now. His whole design screws with the current meta and his burst is simply intense. Used right, his ultimate can be utterly devastating. Imho the strongest spell in his kit is Bulwark... the sustain it provides with a bit of AP is just intense. Even if pitted against AD, he can be utterly nasty.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.