Poll: Are you using Swtor as a timesink?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Using Swtor as a timesink

Hi there, so the question is simple are you just playing Swtor while waiting for some other mmo to come out?

I honestly think they released Swtor at a great time becuase there where no other games at that time. But it seems like GW2 and Tera is coming out and I am wondring if people are going to leave for those.

I'm going to leave Swtor for GW2 when is comes out or if I get into the beta, which is hope is soon.

also a Poll is up.
    Last edited by Dragonb; 2012-02-24 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    I will be enjoying this game untill Mass 3 at least and I cant say something is a timesink if I enjoy it

I'm having fun in Skyrim atm, SW:TOR didn't last long enough for me. Probs will get a few more RPG games I missed over the years while I was addicted to WoW (while waiting for GW2).

SWTOR is a waste of money...the history line is nice, but the game mechanics is poor, the character moviments looks like a robot without any quality...this will entertain you for 2~3 months...
    You should take a look in the Kingdoms of Amalur, or wait a few days for the Mass Effect 3...Skyrim is a good option if you didnt have played this yet, but dont get mad with the amaizing amount of bugs that you will face.

I play it when I want to, on my own schedule. Maybe this means I leave it alone for a couple months while I play through some other game; maybe it means I focus on SWTOR when a new patch comes out that has some awesome new content. Maybe it does mean I just play it when I have nothing else to play.

It's not just a timesink, really. I sink time into it, sure: but the primary purpose is to have fun. Not just to eat up the time while I wait for something else. If that's your motivation for playing, then surely there's something better you could be doing?

I purchased SW:TOR because I got bored of dragon soul in WoW after 2-3 weeks of it. I'll be playing SW:TOR until TERA releases in May. I'll then be playing TERA until Mists of Pandaria comes out.

That said, buying SW:TOR was an immensely satisfying thing. Well worth the money spent.

LOL at SWTOR being a waste but Skyrim isn't..................snicker

Playing this because It all we have until we try GW2 and Tera which are just more been there done that Fantasy looking babble so..........instead of playing little faeries, dwarves and knob gobblins, might stick with who has best PvP and PvE without Deadly boss mods playing my game for me
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-02-23 at 01:35 PM.

No, because I stopped playing it. Thought that ToR will keep me entertained till GW2 release but it couldnt, and for the first time I actually cancelled my subscription.

No because I enjoy it and will continue to play it for the foreseable future. Gw2 is a giant fucking hype machine and MoP.. well the less said about MoP the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post

Playing this because It all we have until we try GW2 and Tera which are just more been there done that Fantasy looking babble so..........instead of playing little faeries, dwarves and knob gobblins, might stick with who has best PvP and PvE without Deadly boss mods playing my game for me
    You try take a dig at Skyrim and then claim TOR has the best PvE and PvP content, im confused.

I think TOR is worth the box price for the free 30 days, the questing experience is pretty enjoyable, it should give you a months worth of play at least.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-02-23 at 03:31 PM.

No, and contrary to popular belief GW2 isn't the messiah of gaming everyone claims it to be, just wait and see.

Ehhh... no... been waiting for this game for a few years and I keep being amazed about this game, even though there isn't much to do on level 50 at the moment.
    The Old Republic storyline has always been amazing and just to see it evolve over the next few years is going to be awesome.

Going to try out Guild Wars 2 however, if it's a nice game I might stick with it but I'll no doubt also remain subbed to TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post

Yeah instead of faries and dwarves you can have recolored humans, which are 90% of the mobs in TOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for gw2 ... tried swtor...leveling was really cool storywise...everything was worst MMO ever...bring on the geedub dous

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes, because I am killing time till GW2, but I'll definitely still be playing TOR

Well I'm having semi fun with Swtor atm, but pvp in GW2 just seems much more polished thats why I'm changing over.

I'm having too much fun in SWTOR for it to be "Just a timesink."

However, it's taking up a good bit of my time.

However, I have not been impressed with what I have seen and heard about GW2. so I wont be jumping on that ship anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah instead of faries and dwarves you can have recolored humans, which are 90% of the mobs in TOR
    Actually if you do all the Bonus series you get much more, I would say on my 2 toons its about 60% Humanish, 10% droid and 30% other. The whole Fantasy MMO stuff is kinda like WWII Movies and HBO series the last decade................we get it already

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm having too much fun in SWTOR for it to be "Just a timesink."

However, it's taking up a good bit of my time.

However, I have not been impressed with what I have seen and heard about GW2. so I wont be jumping on that ship anytime soon.
    I will certainly Try QW2 and any MMO for that matter, Most can have a fully geared toon in a month so, I could possibly handle like 7 MMOs a year......( mainly winter though when the weather is crappy)
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-02-23 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Will you be willing to take 10 minutes of abuse if you turn out to be wrong if i also agree to take 10 minutes of verbal abuse if you turn out to be right? =)
    Non of us would remember at the time anyway, besides, it would only end up in an argument of where the line for gaming success of messiah like proportions was. :P

Any game hyped to be the next messiah of gamin won't be, people expect a game to have the same success WoW had and it's not going to happen, WoW was simply that one right product at the right time deal that I don't see being repeated any time soon, more than likely ever even.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO's are designed to be time sinks. But I got my 4 piece bonus for my sentinel last night so I'm pretty happy right now.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer