I heard the T13 4 peice resto for ele was better then T13 ele 4 peice.

Does someone have the math for this. My buddy said it pulls like 500 more DPS then the Ele 4 piece set with the EM popped over the four piece bonus for the Ele piece. If someone has the math for that I'd appreciate the input and direct him here if he's wrong.

All you really need to do is plug it into Simcraft BiS. The math has been done (I'm assuming bink did it over at totemspot). Your friend is incorrect.

The only way that the Resto set could contribute to potentially better dps would be to proc SWG (resto 4 piece) right before the pull and switch sets (to elemental) right before combat.

Maybe Endus could dig it up.

thank you for the information.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you compare straight four-set vs four-set, then the mini-lust of resto might win. However, there is such a thing as the two-set bonus, which would (and does) make the ele set win. That's the only technicality I can think of that would make your friend correct.

Elemental set > Restoration set

What Radux said is correct, though. If you have a set of both restoration and elemental, you can (before the pull) equip the restoration set, use Spiritwalker's Grace, switch back into the elemental set. You will retain the 30% haste buff for its duration. Normally, if you did this with any other piece of gear (sans Moonwell Chalice pre-patch), the buff would be fizzled and removed. Also, if the gear you replaced the cheating gear with was cooldown based, you'd have to wait the duration on the freshly equipped gear. This can be done with even the LFR restoration set as the set bonus does not scale with higher levels of itself.

Just think of it as pre-potting with four pieces of gear.
    mhm? mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    What Radux said is correct, though. If you have a set of both restoration and elemental, you can (before the pull) equip the restoration set, use Spiritwalker's Grace, switch back into the elemental set. You will retain the 30% haste buff for its duration. Normally, if you did this with any other piece of gear (sans Moonwell Chalice pre-patch), the buff would be fizzled and removed. Also, if the gear you replaced the cheating gear with was cooldown based, you'd have to wait the duration on the freshly equipped gear. This can be done with even the LFR restoration set as the set bonus does not scale with higher levels of itself.

Just think of it as pre-potting with four pieces of gear.
    I can't believe they haven't put in a fix to where this type of thing doesn't work anymore. They had to fix doing it with mage T10, they had to fix doing it with moonwell chalice, and they do the exact same thing with our T13.