Deleted

Textures for brighter colors

I'm trying to change the class colors for my unit frames a bit but no matter what I do they always come out looking dull and bland and gross. What textures are good for making colors more vibrant/bright, like the ones Led++ uses in his UIs? Or is there some addon I can grab that would take care of that for me? I am using pitbull for my unit frames and I like just a plain minimalist look but with bright colors.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    I'm trying to change the class colors for my unit frames a bit but no matter what I do they always come out looking dull and bland and gross. What textures are good for making colors more vibrant/bright, like the ones Led++ uses in his UIs? Or is there some addon I can grab that would take care of that for me? I am using pitbull for my unit frames and I like just a plain minimalist look but with bright colors.
    Led and a few other used to use a bloom effect, can't remember where to get it from. Google it and you should find it.

It basically attaches itself to the DX9 on your graphics and makes the game brighter when you run it. It's not done in-game. I too used to use the bloom on some occasions.

It took quite a lot of fine tuning in notepad to get the right settings to make it look right, and not too bright to actually destroy the game.

As you can see in these two old screen shots of mine:

Bloom off: http://i.imgur.com/vqWuL.jpg

Bloom on: http://i.imgur.com/SOAye.jpg

Here's a thread on wowi about it: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32975

In that thread you can see the video for the bloom effects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=o-NMsGOMSU4
    Last edited by Hulari; 2012-02-22 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    I actually found and downloaded the bloom effect earlier today and tried it out, but it made my text all blurry for some reason, like wow was running in a different resolution or something. I'll try it again and try to find a way to fix that, thanks for the tip

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    I actually found and downloaded the bloom effect earlier today and tried it out, but it made my text all blurry for some reason, like wow was running in a different resolution or something. I'll try it again and try to find a way to fix that, thanks for the tip
    Yeah the default settings are pretty dire. There's a file you have to edit somewhere once you've placed it into your WoW directory, I can't remember which though sorry.

Once you open it up it should have a few settings you can change the values of. I spent hours fine tuning the digits here and there to get it to a suitable level for myself. Good luck with it though (:

Or...he could just use a brighter texture for his unitframes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    The thing i've done in my UI there is a good flat texture (don't remeber who gave it to me - i'm sorry :/ ) you can edit it with photoshop or whatever to make it daker/brighter.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The thing i've done in my UI there is a good flat texture (don't remeber who gave it to me - i'm sorry :/ ) you can edit it with photoshop or whatever to make it daker/brighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Thats exactly what I wanted to do, what's a good brighter flat texture? Right now I just use Vuhdo - Plain, i'd like something similar but with brighter more vivid colors. I tried toying around with the bloom but I couldn't make it work properly on my computer.

OOoooh i found ferous media and am using that, it's great!
    Last edited by mmoc374284bd0c; 2012-02-23 at 07:59 AM.

I think this is what you're looking for: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...MediaPack.html
    Fer28 is very bright.

What I do is I download the IshtaraMedia file from Ishtara's UI and use Ish00, which I find to be an awesome texture <3
    also hundreds of different fonts to use aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    What I do is I download the IshtaraMedia file from Ishtara's UI and use Ish00, which I find to be an awesome texture <3
    also hundreds of different fonts to use aswell
    This would be the correct thing for dkimxd to do.

Running with a tangent from this thread, anyone know where and how to get the files that make the HDR effect work with dx11 - or if its possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    Running with a tangent from this thread, anyone know where and how to get the files that make the HDR effect work with dx11 - or if its possible?
    I've been looking for that as well.. Latest news I could find about that was Synthaxx saying he would look into possibly editing and releasing that, but that was back in like 2010 haha. I cannot even get the dx9 version to work properly as it does add the effect, but also makes all the text on my screen super blurry.

Same, couldn't get the dx9 version to work at all. Stinks, really want to try this out!

Any info/feedback from people that had/have it running - like Led or anyone?