Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Half a second does seem like a long time, even when you take into consideration the fact that you can double cast it. Should be 1.5 seconds imo.
    Unless this is out of date:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pistol_Whip
    Pistol whip's stun is only a quarter of a second. Only valuable as an interrupt, not worthy of keeping a player in place for the actual attack.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's way too short. O_o

They need to do something about that one.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's way too short. O_o

They need to do something about that one.
    What I find funny, is that Pistol Whip has more of a "stunning" effect on the player using it than it does on the target, lol.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can cancel it mid-cast just by moving.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can cancel it mid-cast just by moving.
    I don't recall being able to. Perhaps it's because I was already moving most of the time when using it, and I would hold down a movement key the entire time trying to move in vain. Since I'm always on the move as melee, I'm never not holding down a movement key in combat.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    so they fixed flanking strike? cuz i was lookin at sword/dagger but alot of people said flanking strike was messed up and that sword/dagger was really bad so thats when i started lookin at sword/pistol
    Flanking strike works, but it's really particular about how you use it. Like I said, it usually just made me do a full circle, putting me in front of the enemy if I was too close, or it did a half circle in front of the enemy if I was too far away. I had to be pretty precise about how close I was to the target in order to use it properly, as in: Flank around the target's back and attack.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-07 at 06:32 PM.

Unload + Critical Sigils like Sigil of Blood and Earth + Signet of Malice = Zomg Awesome.
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Flanking strike works, but it's really particular about how you use it. Like I said, it usually just made me do a full circle, putting me in front of the enemy if I was too close, or it did a half circle in front of the enemy if I was too far away. I had to be pretty precise about how close I was to the target in order to use it properly, as in: Flank around the target's back and attack.
    I don't remember how the Sword/Dagger flanking strike felt, but I'm pretty sure it's basically the same as what you get with underwater spear. Which felt just right. Either it would help me gap-close, or it would circle me around an enemy.

Alright I have been tinkering with this Thief Build since the last Stress Test, What do you guys think? Would love some feedback.

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/3642/show

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a chance to test it myself, but the pistol shot bouncing thing is supposed to have a really low proc rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryblood View Post
    Alright I have been tinkering with this Thief Build since the last Stress Test, What do you guys think? Would love some feedback.

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/3642/show
    I would suggest "hide in shadows" for your heal instead of signet of Malice. Since you're running a mainly ranged weapon set the ability to stealth and possibly take advantage of your stealth pistol skill or escape a battle instead of a weakish heal on hit buff that I believe does less healing on cast than "hide in shadows" would probably be a better tool to you.

Haven't had a chance to test it myself, but the pistol shot bouncing thing is supposed to have a really low proc rate.
    Ill have too test it, I assume with 8 Hits on Unload it would proc quite often.

I would suggest "hide in shadows" for your heal instead of signet of Malice. Since you're running a mainly ranged weapon set the ability to stealth and possibly take advantage of your stealth pistol skill or escape a battle instead of a weakish heal on hit buff that I believe does less healing on cast than "hide in shadows" would probably be a better tool to you.
    While I do admit the Active of Signet of Malice Is pretty bad the Passive is just amazing, During the last stress test I used Dagger Storm while using this passive, in just one second I went from 1.3k hp too max, which was insane.

Also Being able to self heal for 1.2k Every Unload is great,.
    however I do wish it was easier too enter stealth, currently as the build is, stealth is only really used defensively, ill definitely give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do admit the Active of Signet of Malice Is pretty bad the Passive is just amazing, During the last stress test I used Dagger Storm while using this passive, in just one second I went from 1.3k hp too max, which was insane.

Also Being able to self heal for 1.2k Every Unload is great,.
    however I do wish it was easier too enter stealth, currently as the build is, stealth is only really used defensively, ill definitely give it a shot.
    That active really hurts. I used it exclusively for a while and everytime I needed a large heal (When I was in peril) it usually let me down. That's just my experience, I never really tried P/P, so I don't know how well Signet of malice works with unload; it might outweigh the poor active of the signet which I find to be "Not good enough when you need it most".
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-07 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That active really hurts. I used it exclusively for a while and everytime I needed a large heal (When I was in peril) it usually let me down. That's just my experience, I never really tried P/P, so I don't know how well Signet of malice works with unload; it might outweigh the poor active of the signet which I find to be "Not good enough when you need it most".
    That's how it felt to me too I'm not a fan of signets to begin with and malice always came across as meh to me
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Thieves and Elementalists are the only professions where I actually find Signets tolerable.

Using a Signet as Thief can mean +initiative and Might? Should prove fun.

I like the Elementalist version better though.... and I certainly liked it better before tiered traits. Signets + Fiery Aura + Zephyr's Boon + Elemental Shielding... fun times for me!
    (yes, that's still doable, but I can't do that AND get Powerful Aura anymore :< )

Worked Really Hard on Crafting this Build, be ready for a long read if you want to read everything I said, busted out some of my math skillz as well.

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/3768/show
    Last edited by Cryblood; 2012-07-09 at 04:05 AM.

Worked Really Hard on Crafting this Build, be ready for a long read if you want to read everything I said, busted out some of my math skillz as well.

looks like a sweet build.. Dual pistols looks so cool and suits my playstyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    looks like a sweet build.. Dual pistols looks so cool and suits my playstyle
    dual pistols is only viable when wearing a cowboy hat
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Very well thought out build the only thing I can really complain about it your use of the word "too" in the description, hehe. Otherwise it looks quite good and I hope it brings good results when you get to test it.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account

Aren't a lot of the abilities and traits going to change before next BWE? In that 2 hour leaked conversation with Jon Peters it sounded like they were making a lot of changes to traits and quite a few to skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    Aren't a lot of the abilities and traits going to change before next BWE? In that 2 hour leaked conversation with Jon Peters it sounded like they were making a lot of changes to traits and quite a few to skills.
    DING DING DING!! We have a winner folks!! I wouldn't be making any builds to be using "at launch" or even next BWE because they're supposed to be overhauling pretty hardcore, especially them engies!! And from the sounds of that interview thief was being changed pretty majorly too....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.