How can you restore old pictures?

I'm not new to computers but I'm not great with them Either,However I do know nearly 90% of what you do/store on a computer is never really lost. But I deleted some pictures say..3 months ago? Is there anyway to get them back via some sort of restore system I can run?

Do I have to a /Run to find them and restore them?

Deleted
    At 3 months, thats very unlikely. You can only really restore data that has not yet been over-written on the hard drive. 3 months later however, thats very likely.

Unless you simply dumped them in the Recycle Bin and left them there, in which case they may still be there.

Well, hopefully they weren't dirty pics or anything, because I believe the only way it MIGHT be possible is bringing it to a computer tech person.

That or if you have a restore from 3 months ago or a restore disk from 3 months ago that would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    At 3 months, thats very unlikely. You can only really restore data that has not yet been over-written on the hard drive. 3 months later however, thats very likely.

Unless you simply dumped them in the Recycle Bin and left them there, in which case they may still be there.
    No.

I remember I put them in the recycling bin and deleted them.But figured the computer kept them for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    No.

I remember I put them in the recycling bin and deleted them.But figured the computer kept them for a while.
    Nope, theyre gone then
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    (We are assuming that the machine has had 3 months of near daily use... and hasn't been left standing or barely used.

Time isn't so much a factor here as much as usage.

Also I don't recommend taking it into a store unless they are prepared to attempt to retrieve the files without payment. (IE you only pay them if they are successful.) Most stores require payment regardless of the result.

Try running a deep scan with Recuva. You'll be surprised at what it digs up.
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

When you empty your recycle bin, it frees up that space on your HDD to be written to again. The physical data isn't erased on the drive, but the area in which it is stored is made available to the OS to store new data. If windows has written to the physical space on your drive that was previously occupied by those images, they're gone for good. If they haven't been overwritten, a deep scan with programs like Recuva can usually retrieve them.