Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    How is that?
    Maybe playing against peoplethat have the slightest clue what to do against a Mesmer (clones can be disorienting at first)... maybe that counts as a "nerf"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know what ability/trait causes the wing shaped transparent shield to show up on your arm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Anyone know what ability/trait causes the wing shaped transparent shield to show up on your arm?
    Hrm... I'm not sure... my random guess would be:
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think that's it. I'm leaning towards it being a trait.

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 12:53 AM ----------

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Counter_Blade Found this. I didn't see it before. I wonder how much damage it does. It's after you execute a riposte.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As for your build, going to tell you right now confusion is crap unless you are going a confusion heavy build which isn't really possible anymore or a condition heavy build. Wasted 10 points in confusion traits.
    Why is confusion not a viable spec anymore? I saw this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFQzC-gzdg

This is what made me want to try the Mesmer class. The way he dealt damage through Confusion as well as other status ailment effects and then could vanish to run away made it look really interesting. If you could explain in more detail why Confusion is no longer good I'd appreciate it, so I can perhaps start thinking about a different build. Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Confusion is going to be a plenty viable build imo. It just won't be OP.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Confusion is going to be a plenty viable build imo. It just won't be OP.
    It didn't seem OP in the video, just extremely good if he uses his cooldowns effectively. Looks like a fun build. Stacking Confusion and then watching your opponent blow himself up is going to be fun lol

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that is the visual for the Retaliation Boon. That or the Protection boon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it, that sounds like Aegis.

Talkin about that? Cause that's Aegis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Come to think of it, that sounds like Aegis.

Talkin about that? Cause that's Aegis.
    no, it's a purple winged shield instead.

Well, what I was playing during the 1st event and will again play now is this build:

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_....10.10.2.12.10

It's so immensely fun for me, really.

It's a boon called "Aegis"

It blocks the next attack, apparently it's a Guardian only thing but Mesmers can generate it with random boon skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0nKx_Ukpec 22 seconds in. Has a COMPLETELY different design than aegis. I've only seen it on mesmers too.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0nKx_Ukpec 22 seconds in. Has a COMPLETELY different design than aegis. I've only seen it on mesmers too.
    It's still Aegis, it's just the visual of the buff when a mesmer applies it, just like retaliation for mesmers is purple swords, where it's axes with an evil green aura on necros.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It's still Aegis, it's just the visual of the buff when a mesmer applies it, just like retaliation for mesmers is purple swords, where it's axes with an evil green aura on necros.
    I don't think he had anything that would randomly apply it, though he could've traited for something that applies random boons. Definitely looks like an aegis though, I don't think any other boon has a similar graphic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aegis a mesmer gets is just a purple version of the of the guardian aegis design. I'm 100% sure on this because I saw a screenshot. Now that I've thought more it could be the illusionary membrane trait.

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 06:07 AM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...om-Beta/page12 shows a picture of the aegis buff the mesmer gets.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-05-31 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aegis a mesmer gets is just a purple version of the of the guardian aegis design. I'm 100% sure on this because I saw a screenshot. Now that I've thought more it could be the illusionary membrane trait.
    Doubt it, Mesmer's HP wasn't low in that linked video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grrr, this is infuriating. I HAVE TO KNOW!

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 06:07 AM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...om-Beta/page12 shows a picture of the aegis buff the mesmer gets.
    Are you sure that aegis was applied by the mesmer and not a nearby guardian?

@Drakewurum does the membrane last for a certain amount of time/when their health is low only? Or is it possible for the mesmer to have healed up to higher health and keep the buff?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Are you sure that aegis was applied by the mesmer and not a nearby guardian?
    Worth noting: that's definitely a Guardian standing behind him.