Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    and a final question how do you know to put what prize on what item/set?

Quote Originally Posted by Raecius View Post
    and a final question how do you know to put what prize on what item/set?
    I used these blog posts as guidelines and moved around some sets depending on my servers responds to the prices.

http://hatchery.powerwordgold.net/20...p-list-by.html
    http://hatchery.powerwordgold.net/20...-tiers-by.html

Though I will admit that I haven't touched leather and cloth is only 5% of my sales. Plate and Mail are still the majority of my sales.

Some sales from tonight so far.

Boulderfist and Darkcrest share the same look, all but the helms. And the highly desired "Heart" buckle plate belt.

Last edited by Elvine; 2012-02-25 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    how do you present it in trade? cause i really suck at presenting stuff nicely so people would buy it

Deleted
    Holy cow, I think I've vendored a fortune...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was advertising that i am looking for some item. Some guy said--sure come i will sell it. So he said -- put 20000g and i will give/show you the item. And once i put 20k in his trade tab he put some wortless green and pressed accept. In other words--watch out so you dont get scamed.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Very nice... What are some good instances to farm? I've only been farming Gnomeregan lately for the Battleforge and Glimmering mail sets, as well as Silk and Wool Cloth, since they're worth a bit on my server...

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    Very nice... What are some good instances to farm? I've only been farming Gnomeregan lately for the Battleforge and Glimmering mail sets, as well as Silk and Wool Cloth, since they're worth a bit on my server...
    I honestly don't "farm" anything but the AH. I'd look on wowhead and see what level range the item you're looking for drops off.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I was advertising that i am looking for some item. Some guy said--sure come i will sell it. So he said -- put 20000g and i will give/show you the item. And once i put 20k in his trade tab he put some wortless green and pressed accept. In other words--watch out so you dont get scamed.
    What item were you willing to pay 20,000g for? If you don't mine me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I'd be surprised if anyone did get caught out by that to be honest, because as soon as he puts and item on his side, even if he presses accept straight away, you still have to as well before anything happens. There's no way he can trade you something worthless unless you dont check, and with any trade if you dont check whats in the trade window then you may as well just hand them your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

This is amazing, I had no idea this market was so rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    This is amazing, I had no idea this market was so rich.
    It may be different on other servers. I know a few servers are pretty rich, but others are flooded with items or none at all.

***Disclaimer** This market is not for players that are looking to make quick gold. It takes patients to sell mogging items. Also, just cause no one is buying doesn't mean you should lower your prices quickly. If you know it's worth that much stick with it! Remember this is a niche market and people have been asking for this for ages. I remember countless maxed out threads about "Put in Appearance Tab"!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I usually do runs into low-level instances to farm these sets. Sure, I don't usually get a lot of them, but I get enough to average about 15k a night in sales. I sell all of my transmog greens for a flat fee of 5k each. Bracers don't sell for squat, I find it funny that some people actually transmog those (Though I guess they do show on certain sets. w/e.)

After seeing the OP's posted prices, I might need to rethink my pricing lol. I'm missing out on money, and the market for transmog gear isn't going to last forever!

Btw, just to shoot myself in the foot, for those of you who don't know, there are actually a LOT of quest rewards that have identical graphics to some of these absurdly priced greens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I usually do runs into low-level instances to farm these sets. Sure, I don't usually get a lot of them, but I get enough to average about 15k a night in sales. I sell all of my transmog greens for a flat fee of 5k each. Bracers don't sell for squat, I find it funny that some people actually transmog those (Though I guess they do show on certain sets. w/e.)

After seeing the OP's posted prices, I might need to rethink my pricing lol. I'm missing out on money, and the market for transmog gear isn't going to last forever!

Btw, just to shoot myself in the foot, for those of you who don't know, there are actually a LOT of quest rewards that have identical graphics to some of these absurdly priced greens.
    Yes, you are right most bracers are covered by gloves. Overlord's Plate bracers do make a difference. Some players just like having everything mogged to match the rest of the set. Call it OCD, but I'd do it lol.

Selling all your pieces flat 5,000g does have it's downfall though. Either losing out on gold or players just won't buy. Most of the players I work with in this market understand there is a pricing tier for items we sell. All taken into accounted for with drop rates and where they are from. Clearly things like Lofty, Glorious and Vanguard are Tier 1 pricing due to they only drop off AQ mobs and a couple small spots through out the world.

Yes, some quest rewards have same models, but once again some people like to have matching names as well. While others don't care and just want the look.

Here's my overnight sales on Alliance side. Alabaster Breastplate should go for 900g, but my server is a little flooded atm.

Last edited by Elvine; 2012-02-26 at 08:26 PM.

Do people really paying this much for transmorg?!

Damn I gotta go and get some transmorg stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Holmquist View Post
    Do people really paying this much for transmorg?!

Damn I gotta go and get some transmorg stuff
    Nope, these screenshots are a figment of your imagination.

Yes, people do pay to have a certain look for their toons and not just RPers.
    I was skeptical at first before I started this, but now I'm happy I did and it's quite fun/addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Yes, some quest rewards have same models, but once again some people like to have matching names as well. While others don't care and just want the look.
    Or they already completed that quest QQ. At 1st I was building the revenant set for my pally, and leggings and chhest were eluding me, when saw the matching quest ones I run to do those quests... only to find out I already did those quests while leveling her.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    Or they already completed that quest QQ. At 1st I was building the revenant set for my pally, and leggings and chhest were eluding me, when saw the matching quest ones I run to do those quests... only to find out I already did those quests while leveling her.
    I thought they did a reset of quests in 4.3? I could be wrong. Maybe that was for dungeon quests only when they moved them all to npcs at the ent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they did a reset of quests in 4.3? I could be wrong. Maybe that was for dungeon quests only when they moved them all to npcs at the ent.
    Far as I know, it was only for dungeons, if anything.

I too was building the revenant set for my pally and war, only to find my war had completed all the quests (considering it was the only character I legitimately leveled, I wasn't surprised). Thankfully I managed to farm up the missing pieces I needed.

So I just sold a pair of lofty shoulders for 15k. They sold almost as quickly as I posted them. Out-freaking-standing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Far as I know, it was only for dungeons, if anything.

I too was building the revenant set for my pally and war, only to find my war had completed all the quests (considering it was the only character I legitimately leveled, I wasn't surprised). Thankfully I managed to farm up the missing pieces I needed.

So I just sold a pair of lofty shoulders for 15k. They sold almost as quickly as I posted them. Out-freaking-standing.
    Which revenant set are you both referring to? There are 2, one blue and one purple set. I only sell the purple one. I think the blue is TBC anyways. I have lots of revenant peices too on my server, but they aren't selling.

Grats on the lofty shoulders! I sold mine for 6,500g. Post a screenshot! I made this for everyone to share their sales, not just me! That's a nice price you sold them for. Must of been their last piece or they been searching/farming for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only resetted the dungeon ones, not the ones from each zone

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 06:51 PM ----------

Which revenant set are you both referring to? There are 2, one blue and one purple set. I only sell the purple one. I think the blue is TBC anyways. I have lots of revenant peices too on my server, but they aren't selling.

yeah, the purple one, lvl 35ish
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Ahh, that's a bummer. Just gotta be patient in this market. Buying and selling.

I'm going to test the waters on leather and see how it goes.