Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else buy from Origin?

I bought SWTOR 5 hours ago and I've received no confirmation email (which is supposed to include my serial key) so I can't play the game. There is absolutely no history of the purchase except for the Print Screen I did of the page that said I would receive a confirmation email and which has my order number on it. I could find the invoice after going to FindMyOrder.com and typing in the details. It says:

Order Status: Order Submitted

I'm not exactly sure what that means. All I know is that there is barely a trace of the purchase (except of course the money from my credit card going away).

I have contacted live chat several times today, and each representative has told me in their hard-to-understand English that the tool to check order statuses is down at the moment and that their team is working hard to get it back up. I'm hoping that is the reason why I haven't received the email yet, and once they fix it I hope I finally get it.

But overall I'm extremely disappointed in the service and will never buy from Origin again. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with Origin?

its seems by "order submitted" that their servers haven't registered that you really bought it yet. So it might just be stuff going wrong on their end.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Quote Originally Posted by flareside View Post
    its seems by "order submitted" that their servers haven't registered that you really bought it yet. So it might just be stuff going wrong on their end.
    And here I was thinking that I would be able to play a game I bought when I bought it. :P

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow, unless something miraculously happens in the next 3 hours.

yeah it really sucks. always want to buy digital to play it sooner =(
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    Defintely should have it. That's odd - have you tried logging into your account through the SWTOR website to find the key for your version of the app? Download the client?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Defintely should have it. That's odd - have you tried logging into your account through the SWTOR website to find the key for your version of the app? Download the client?
    This is unfortunately an issue that a few other people (that I am of aware of) are having also and we are trying to get someone from EA to respond to us. It's been 6+ hours, and other people haven't received there codes for 11+ hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    This issue with Origin isn't that surprising: a fellow mod linked an image today in chat where he was speaking to a rep. The conversation went pretty much like this:

Rep: your ping isn't acceptable
    Mod: It's 26ms. What is acceptable?
    Rep: 100ms
    Mod: 26ms is faster
    Rep: 100ms or 0ms. Nothing else is okay

I facepalmed.

I hope the keys show up soon, or you get through to someone who can really help you with this issue.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same issue here, bought the game over 12 hours ago and haven't received anything yet....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also having this problem. Been waiting since 6 yesterday to play the game. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Was pretty pumped to start swinging sabers too

This issue with Origin isn't that surprising: a fellow mod linked an image today in chat where he was speaking to a rep. The conversation went pretty much like this:

I facepalmed.

I hope the keys show up soon, or you get through to someone who can really help you with this issue.
    Wow. You'd expect them to have customer service reps with at least some knowledge of computers....
    RETH

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Wow. You'd expect them to have customer service reps with at least some knowledge of computers....
    Origin's customer server is notoriously terrible. Their reps seemingly have no basic knowledge of computers.

Deleted
    I had bought my game from a Finnish online store, but I bought my authenticator from Origin.

They reserved the 12,99€ from my account and sent me an email. Then, 10 days later, no authenticator in sight, they reserved the 12,99€ from my account (yes, again) and sent me an email. This was after I complained on their forums. I got no response from them. Not on the forums, not by email, nothing. A day two after that this latter reservation was actually charged from my account, and a total of three weeks or so after I had made the purchase I got the authenticator in mail. A month or so after I had made the purchase the first reservation of 12,99€ was returned to me.

Their website labyrinth is utterly horrible. Their shop site has no account management; your account is actually on EA:s pages. Then when you have a problem, your only recourse of contacting them is posting on EA:s forums under the Origin section. Add to that all the crap with "which persona would you like to use", and the bugs with language selections, I have honestly never had a worse experience with any online purchase I've made, ever.

All I can say is if you use Origin, good luck.

Deleted

I facepalmed.

sounds like bullshit or trolling GM tbh.

remember when bioware banned people for not being in the right dance zone? oh right that was a hoax reported as news,

or how about people who said they'd been banned for ilum farming posting on the swtor forums, yet they were lying, also reported as news.

What is it with internet trolls and blogs these days? too many ex star and sun journalists joining the mmo train?

My advice for origin: Call.

I sat through two online chats, which were horribly slow, and both did nothing to solve my problem. Origin site seems to have some issues and there is no purchase history easily findable, but going the call route was faster and solved my problem.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    was your issue with buying a game from origin? were they able to set you up over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I had bought my game from a Finnish online store, but I bought my authenticator from Origin.

They reserved the 12,99€ from my account and sent me an email. Then, 10 days later, no authenticator in sight, they reserved the 12,99€ from my account (yes, again) and sent me an email. This was after I complained on their forums. I got no response from them. Not on the forums, not by email, nothing. A day two after that this latter reservation was actually charged from my account, and a total of three weeks or so after I had made the purchase I got the authenticator in mail. A month or so after I had made the purchase the first reservation of 12,99€ was returned to me.

Their website labyrinth is utterly horrible. Their shop site has no account management; your account is actually on EA:s pages. Then when you have a problem, your only recourse of contacting them is posting on EA:s forums under the Origin section. Add to that all the crap with "which persona would you like to use", and the bugs with language selections, I have honestly never had a worse experience with any online purchase I've made, ever.

All I can say is if you use Origin, good luck.
    What form of credit card did you use? Visa specifically state that companies are not allowed to take payment from you untill it is ready to be shipped. You might be able to lodge a fraud complaint.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    What form of credit card did you use? Visa specifically state that companies are not allowed to take payment from you untill it is ready to be shipped. You might be able to lodge a fraud complaint.
    Visa Electron, an ATM (hole in the wall) card. The reservation of the sum is normal, that's how it works. They just happened to reserve it twice. They didn't charge me twice though, and the extra reservation was returned, so I didn't lose money. It just took three weeks and the service was appalling.

I didn't even see a phone number anywhere, was there such a thing somewhere? Only way of contacting them was via the EA forums as far as I could see.

I too bought from Origin, expecting to be able to download immediately.... I didnt see anything there stating that I would have to wait....

What I did, was put a ticket in for them (first a request to call, which stated 5 minutes, but didnt receive anything for more than 1 hour, then a chat request).

In the notes of the ticket, I stated that either I wanted them to process the order or refind me so I could drive the 15 minutes to the local store to buy. My (chat) ticket was answered within a few minutes and my order processed. It still took 15 hours to download from SWTOR's site instead of the 4 I was expecting. It downloads roughly 30 GB of data through multiple patches and apparently their server was getting alot of users downloading on President's Day. (Seriously... they should mod the next major relase of the game to allow you to "partial patch" the game to allow you to play while still streaming like Blizzard does now).

tldr: contact Origin support stating to either process or refund so you can buy locall

Deleted
    On a slightly related topic, I'd like to remind everyone who's using origin that EA's EULA allows them to scan your entire hard drive for whatever reason they want (versus Steam's EULA where Valve will only scan their installed products folders).

Best not to use Origin at all until they change that.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanir View Post
    On a slightly related topic, I'd like to remind everyone who's using origin that EA's EULA allows them to scan your entire hard drive for whatever reason they want (versus Steam's EULA where Valve will only scan their installed products folders).

Best not to use Origin at all until they change that.
    The positive thing about TOR is that Origin isn't required like it is with BF3. While playing BF3, you have to have Origin running. With TOR, you can buy it, download and install it, then uninstall Origin with no issues at all.