Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortrond View Post
    I dont know if I get this right, but you just want to say that collecting gear and lvling to max level got no benefits and you will always be on the same level as unskilled/ungeared player?
    No, that's not it at all.

If you do structured PvP (battlegrounds) Everyone is brought up to max level with everything unlocked to them so that skill and team work are the only things that matter. No one has a distinct gear advantage over other people like in some other MMOs where someone in top PvP gear will one shot people who are not.
    In WvW, Characters at max level will have a distinct advantage over people who were say, level 30, because even at max level their gear isn't brought with them up to that point. They will -never- be as strong as you. You just can't half ass it because they can still kill you. They do not get their all their trait points (talent points) either, or all their elite profession skills.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Your gear will differ only in its shininess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    vigil zergs
    Vigil don't fuck around >:D

Note the speech bubble from the Asura MEGALASER™ technician:
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-02-29 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm, that sounds interesting, but isnt this just destroying the main aspect in MMORPG. Getting better and better. Have better and better gear and skill. And what is dissapointing me right now is the downscaling dungeon system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, that sounds interesting, but isnt this just destroying the main aspect in MMORPG. Getting better and better. Have better and better gear and skill. And what is dissapointing me right now is the downscaling dungeon system.
    Cause you would rather just go and faceroll a dungeon instead of always being able to go back and have a challenge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Cause you would rather just go and faceroll a dungeon instead of always being able to go back and have a challenge?
    Yes thats exactly the thing. I think more people want just fell how they character power increased and this downscaling well absolutly destroy this fell and I just dont see point in collecting gear and leveling up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes thats exactly the thing. I think more people want just fell how they character power increased and this downscaling well absolutly destroy this fell and I just dont see point in collecting gear and leveling up.
    You might want to just stick with WoW then, because this is how ArenaNet is doing it and it's what the majority wants.

You're part of the group of people that can't see the fun in MMOs you always have to have that higher stat or faceroll stuff to prove to yourself that you mean anything.

I'm sorry that i'm not like you and can actually have fun in a game with my friends collecting cool looking stuff and doing old content that stays relevant with them, But you know that's just me, i enjoy my time in games. But you can keep treating it like a job and only focus on getting better stats.

Deleted
    ^ that pretty much explains it all

If you think about it, unless they remove your added traits and elite skills, you'll still have an advantage over your pre-80 self. a thief, for example, will have much more ways to gain initiative, compared to a level 10 thief. this results in a higher overall DPS even if their stats are the same

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    You might want to just stick with WoW then, because this is how ArenaNet is doing it and it's what the majority wants.

You're part of the group of people that can't see the fun in MMOs you always have to have that higher stat or faceroll stuff to prove to yourself that you mean anything.

I'm sorry that i'm not like you and can actually have fun in a game with my friends collecting cool looking stuff and doing old content that stays relevant with them, But you know that's just me, i enjoy my time in games. But you can keep treating it like a job and only focus on getting better stats.
    ArenaNet is proud to be a company that prides itself on diversity and innovated ideas. how one does things, they'd do it differently. they don't like the idea of "one way of doing things", and it reflects in GW2 where there's multiple ways to play. your definition of fun is obviously not the same as his but I still think you should respect your differences. it's the ArenaNet way. cool off the condescension this isn't high-school (for most of us at least).
    Last edited by nighties; 2012-02-29 at 05:31 PM. Reason: putting on my white suit of armor

Deleted
    I see what you mean. Yes, maybe i am that type of player that was with WoW for very long time. And maybe that is the reason why i just cant see how this will work yet. That is because WoW was my only MMORPG that I ever played. Anyway I really looking forward for this and thank you for explaing this. Hope some of my friends will come too and try it to enjoy it some other way then WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc1dedbd2a5e; 2012-02-29 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortrond, I think it's awesome that you at least are checking it out. You may surprise yourself once you try pvp that's based on skill instead of gear. You may always be able to find challenge in something instead of wanting to "faceroll" things. There are some really great and interesting/different concepts here than in WoW, and no sub fee. It just takes an openness to trying something different .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Wow, these guys are really annoying and not funny at all.
    ...I laughed. How are they annoying
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    no, the main aspect of an MMORPG is a persistent world where multiple players can play

that's IT
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

no, the main aspect of an MMORPG is a persistent world where multiple players can play

that's IT
    That's the main aspect of MMO, which is half of an MMORPG. The main aspect of RPG is controlling a character in a fictional world, and typically focuses on the progression of that character. There are many different systems of character progression however, and clearly GW2's system puts a smaller focus on the gear of your character and a larger focus on the skill and world play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    That's the main aspect of MMO, which is half of an MMORPG. The main aspect of RPG is controlling a character in a fictional world, and typically focuses on the progression of that character. There are many different systems of character progression however, and clearly GW2's system puts a smaller focus on the gear of your character and a larger focus on the skill and world play.
    no the main aspect of a role playing game is role-playing a character
    The Original Ganksta

Um, I'm going to go with Dacomp on this one. Role-playing consists of progression of your character, they are dynamic not static :x
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Um, I'm going to go with Dacomp on this one. Role-playing consists of progression of your character, they are dynamic not static :x
    that's like saying survival horror games are just really bad action games because all the recent ones have been really bad action games
    The Original Ganksta

Yes, I said the main aspect is controlling a character in a fictional world, which is essentially role-playing a character. Nearly all RPGs focus on character progression as the main source of gameplay however. I was just trying to say that you had only covered half of the MMORPG definition. I got all this information from Wikipedia, feel free to go read their articles on the subject for more precise definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    .... Gw2 has one of the cleanest most attractive UI i'v seen. It's probably one of the many reason i want to play.
    Clean it is, but arrangement is key to many players. For those of us on larger screens we tend to move items around so as to keep them inside the periphery.

The best part of their UI to me is the realization that if you don't have rows of action bars and dozens of abilities.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    I'm sure they could work on 20 actual things instead of making bringing up "jokes" which isn't even funny *sobs* '-'