View Poll Results: Are you active in your faith?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 12.90%
  • No

8 25.81%
  • Am not religious

19 61.29%

Are you active in your faith"

This is a curiosity question. I am curious as to how many people who say they belong to a certain faith actively participate. By that I mean, adhere to the tenets set forth by their faith.

Faith means religion in this context. Not atheism, science, or other similar types.

in the poll, yes means you are adhering and actively attending any services. No means you have a religion, but you either do not follow its teachings or do not actively attend. The third option means you do not have a faith, are athiest, or other types.

Thanks for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    InB4 locked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    The third option means you do not have a faith, are athiest, or other types.
    can't personally partake in this thread, but hopefully people can keep it civil with a yes or no and explanation, and not argue
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Yes I'm active,

On a side note if someone claims to be atheist that is still a faith or religion. They still believe in something even if that something is believing in nothing...
    This is the part where Robot Santa explodes...

I voted yes.

As hostile and vicious as teenage internet angstheists can be, religion is important to me. An intelligent atheist is fine by me, I just don't see many online. it's usually the Hot Topic angstheists online screaming because mommy and daddy had them go to church/jumu'ah/synagogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of, I'm Catholic and i go to church every so often... but I don't go like every Sunday aha (x

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm basically this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

So, uhm, not religious then I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Yes I'm active,

On a side note if someone claims to be atheist that is still a faith or religion. They still believe in something even if that something is believing in nothing...
    This is the part where Robot Santa explodes...
    I don't think atheism is a faith. It might be a religion, but faith denotes more than just a dogma.

I am very active in not believing and in not following any religion, so yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys View Post
    can't personally partake in this thread, but hopefully people can keep it civil with a yes or no and explanation, and not argue
    I hope so as well. The intent is just to gauge the communities profile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    I don't think atheism is a faith. It might be a religion, but faith denotes more than just a dogma.
    Atheism isn't a religion either; it's simply not believing any claims of a "god" or "gods" existing.

A lot of Buddhists are atheist.

Also;
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    This is wrong, atheism is the "default" stance if you will; not believing something until presented with sufficient evidence for believing it is always the default.
    Last edited by mmocb22ba0bc6d; 2012-02-28 at 02:10 AM.

I 'am' christian technically, but I've lost alot of faith over the years, personally I believe religion is just a psychological crutch to help mentally weak people.

Religion is a forbidden topic. Please don't create topics like this.

Closed.