Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Try Battleground Europe: World War II Online.....much much much better than C&C...

1) Stay away from the 4th one. Simply terrible.
    2) If you don't mind the graphics, play them all.
    3) If you do C&C3 is very very good. The expansion for it was brilliant as well.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Enethil View Post
    Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge by far...
    I actually installed it a couple of days ago for the nostalgia, and it is actually more fun than i remembered it.
    Also, the graphics isn't too bad considering it came out 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6jhIpfUuA

epic intro btw.
    I love that game and intro. Tiberian Sun got a pretty great intro aswell:

The game's getting increasingly easier as they go on (with some exceptions in level's obviously). The First C&C still had the HARDEST level of all time, where you played as Nod, had to infiltrate a base with a commando/engineer team, build up a defense quick enough to destroy the allied boat patrolling and build up tanks to protect your harvesters all while starting with 0 resources. I seriously have never raged so hard in my life. Beating that level is my greatest gaming achievment of all time.

Deleted
    RED ALLLLERRRT!!!! From 2:00 and onwards!

:,D
    Last edited by mmoc980fc5c225; 2012-02-28 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    I suggest playing C&C Red Alert I and II. Graphics of both game are pretty shitty but ohhh boy those are real beauties to play. Generals is okayyy I enjoyed it a whole lot (especially LAN vs) but even the normal C&C is more fun even tho I didn't really like all of those. And ye just like others say stay away from the 4th one it's really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Enethil View Post
    Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge by far...
    I actually installed it a couple of days ago for the nostalgia, and it is actually more fun than i remembered it.
    Also, the graphics isn't too bad considering it came out 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6jhIpfUuA

epic intro btw.
    Out of all of them RA2 and Yuri's Revenge were my favorites, RA3 was good but nearly as good as the second imo. Generals I didn't feel lived up to the expectations the previous ones set and the Tiberium series, while also great games, didn't have the same effect on me as the Red Alert series did. Then there was C&C: Renegade...

Deleted
    All the C&C games (except Tiberium4 and to a lesser extent, RA3) are pretty damn good as a "mass up huge armies and kill RTS". It's not like Starcraft or Supreme Commander but rather it's own style.

My favorite was C&C3, had what I loved about C&C classic base building but also added a badass new race with some of the best RTS graphics even to this day.

i loved all the C&C games i havnt really found anything that has entertained me as much as it has...yuri's revenge is still by far my fav i freaken love the helo that turns into a cannon <3 ahhhh how i miss it.....then they went n made tiberium twilight...and they TOTALLY DESTROYED the C&C franchise with it...i will never trust ea after that...i loved the collect/building aspect taking that away took the entire feel of the game that i enjoyed away... i really wish that if they DO make another red alert...they dont fuck it like they did the tiberium series.

Deleted
    Generals 2 next year, one shall hope they dont follow the road of C&C4 with it!
    But at least its looking pretty good since they are using the BF3 engine, and hoping the merge with Bioware that they are able to get "back on track", so to speak.
    Last edited by mmoc880070a572; 2012-02-28 at 10:11 PM.

The C&C franchise is huge. To start in, I suggest you to buy The First Decade:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command...e_First_Decade

It shouldn't be too expensive, and its very rich in games. It holds all of Westwoods classics, back when they were the best.

If you want a rich story, choose the Tiberium universe. Start with: Tiberian Dawn - Tiberian Sun + Firestorm - Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath - Tiberium Twilight

If you want a silly singleplayer experience, choose the Red Alert universe. Start with: Red Alert 1 - Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge - Red Alert 3

If you want a great multiplayer experience, choose the Generals universe. Only Generals 1 + Zero Hour is current available, but its sequel Generals 2 will be released in 2013

Im playing c&c 3 when im bored with wow/others.

It looks pretty ok and plays good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Hey, lately ive been abit fed up of wow/starwars. ive been looking for a new game like starcraft 2 campaign mode.
    just wondering if there Is any new ones out with ok graphics.
    on the website ive been looking at either C&C 4 tiberium twilight or C&C generals. I havent played CC in years and wondered if they are any good to play or if I can play theese games and not require the first of the series etc?
    C&C4 sucks.

Either C&C generals or for something newer play Red Alert 3. Story is kinda fun and has some people you know as well ^^.

I miss the good old days in 1995, when there were massive debates to which RTS is better, WC2 or C&C1.

In that same year you also got massive debates about Donkey Kong Country 2 VS Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved the Red Alert series the most since it was a mix of serious and comical warfare and reminded me of like a RTS version of Metal Slug, especially the third game.

cant wait for the new generals to come out, C&C is one of the longest running games out there now i think, i have them all, including red alert 3 which aint so good.

My favourites were RA2 and Generals. id recommend one of those two to play if bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start from the beginning - you can pick the whole series up on Steam fairly cheaply.

Been playing C & C since it's first release (before that I played DUne as well) - stopped playing after RA2, looking to try out RA3 soon.

Deleted
    C&C 4 never happened,

Please move along nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by evestraw View Post
    C&C 4 never happened,

Please move along nothing to see here
    Excuse me sir, but what is this ''C&C4'' you mentioned?? I haven't seen any Tiberium game after C&C3 and Kane's Wrath, but I'd love to see an epic C&C4 game where they finally reveal Kane's end to the story, and what the Scrin will do to earth!

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 is my favorite.