• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    That wasn't the reason they were going to kill you. Also, stormcloaks are mega hypocrites.
    Doesn't matter. That's what my character knew. Doesn't matter what I know. Made the choice easy for the character.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Doesn't matter. That's what my character knew. Doesn't matter what I know. Made the choice easy for the character.
    The fine art of roleplaying.

And even then, after delving into the story, the Stormcloak skeletons didn't really seem all that terrible. Ooh, how terrible, Ulfric worked hard and maybe was a little conniving to become the big boss.... I don't see the big deal there.
    Or, you know, the racism that the stormcloaks have for anyone who isn't Aryan nord master race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Or, you know, the racism that the stormcloaks have for anyone who isn't Aryan nord master race.
    Didn't matter to my non-Nord characters in the slightest. :O

They practically worshiped the ground I walked on because of how awesome I was on the field of battle.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Didn't matter to my non-Nord characters in the slightest. :O
    I hope your character was a Dunmer. Just so that when you got to Windhelm it was all "We're forced to live in the slums just for being a different race than the nord master race." and your Dunmer character could be like "Pfffft, I don't even like other Dunmers. What do I care."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I hope your character was a Dunmer. Just so that when you got to Windhelm it was all "We're forced to live in the slums just for being a different race than the nord master race." and your Dunmer character could be like "Pfffft, I don't even like other Dunmers. What do I care."
    He doesn't. They were weak enough to let others walk all over them - a true discredit to their race.

How many Argonian slaves do you own Drake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, the only thing that I disliked about choosing Stormcloaks was that it played right into the Thalmor's plans. But it's better to make them think their plans are all going... well, according to plan, to make our OWN plans against them, and then turn on them when the time is right - when they think we're still weak. They're fools to believe the Empire to be the main strength of the rest of the world. The Empire is nothing but a big puppet at this point, to be cut loose from the Thalmor strings when they feel the time is right.

The fun part is that they also wanted to avoid a Stormcloak victory. [I]So much for that.[/I]

In addition: their racism is quite understandable considering what the Stormcloaks have been dealing with for years. They fought the elves during the Great War for 30 years and have seen how evil the mer (or elves) can be. To label every elf as a traitor is just normal. As Americans we have done it in every war...from fighting the Brits in the Revolutionary War to forcing Japanese citizens in concentration camps during World War 2 to even suspecting every Middle Eastern as a terrorist after 9/11.
    Justifiable? No, not really. But understandable, and realistic.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-01 at 06:36 AM.

There's so much wrong with that statement.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    There's so much wrong with that statement.....
    TBH, I copy/pasted that part about racism from somewhere else, and wasn't the one who wrote it - didn't bother to check accuracy. But it's absolutely true that humans in the real-world get crazy racist in similar situations. Not saying it's "okay" just saying it's normal behavior - it should be expected, in fact, even if it's not condoned. There's still people among the older generation who have a strong hatred for "commies" after all. To this day, over a decade later, many people in America have a big distrust of middle eastern nationalities.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-01 at 06:44 AM.

I forgive u then <3

We're fickle things rly...put us in contention and see how ugly things get...get us working together and suddenly it's all smiles and sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    We can sing Journey together on teamspeak.
    i like singing to people i dont know over the internet

can i join
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i like singing to people i dont know over the internet

can i join
    Don't stop... believing...

Deleted
    So i heard we got the date for a new beta weekend while i was in the hospital, how nice

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    So i heard we got the date for a new beta weekend while i was in the hospital, how nice
    As you're no longer in hospital I hope everything's better?
    /hugz

And yes...BWE2! :3

It was a fun BWE. Too bad you weren't there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It was a fun BWE. Too bad you weren't there for it.
    Charr are so cruel...

...Beast!

Deleted
    As you're no longer in hospital I hope everything's better?
    /hugz

And yes...BWE2! :3
    Yea im better, just have to take some pills and ill be back in shape *pays no attention to Larynx*

Yea im better, just have to take some pills and ill be back in shape *pays no attention to Larynx*
    Good to hear Hope ur glad u didn't miss a BWE!

And yh...don't worry about The Beast. He has issues that make it hard to show how he really feels. His little jibes are his way of saying he cares

Deleted
    Good to hear Hope ur glad u didn't miss a BWE!

And yh...don't worry about The Beast. He has issues that make it hard to show how he really feels. His little jibes are his way of saying he cares
    Yea i was a little worried they would keep me over the weekend and that this would be it, lucky me huh and poor man, doesnt know how to show his feelings properly