15+ Year Old Account

Transmutation stone in action.

Found it on Reddit. Simple and to the point, though the interface seems nice. Kinda wish we just had appearance slots though. I would rather keep gear that I like as skins instead of constantly buying reagents and destroying a piece of gear.

Hmm.. though I would prefer to keep the old item, I think it's better that the 'visual' item is destroyed. Imo it prevents people from mass producing cool skins onto lower level gear (if possible) Not going to pAiont any fingers here, but I know an mmo that's had that.
    As for the reagent, I hope the price isn't crazy at low levels and nothing at high level. Hopefully it scales with level, not unlike WoW's transmog/barbershop.
    Also; I love the interface, it's simple and easy to use.

Edit: I wonder if you try to get the look of a remodeled item onto a new piece, will it keep the first item's look, or the currently used skin?

Question,

Situation:

You have 3 items.

Item 1 you like for the appearance.
    Item 2 you like for the stats.

You combine them, destroying both for the new item.

You get item 3, which you like the stats of but not the look. Can you combine item 1+2 with item 3 to get item 1+2s look and item 3s stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Question,

Situation:

You have 3 items.

You get item 3, which you like the stats of but not the look. Can you combine item 1+2 with item 3 to get item 1+2s look and item 3s stats?
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you wanted item 3's stats and item 1's look why didnt you just merge item 1's look onto item 3 in the first place? The system does not combine the looks of the 2 items it just replaces the look of one with the look of another.

As for the reagent, I hope the price isn't crazy at low levels and nothing at high level. Hopefully it scales with level, not unlike WoW's transmog/barbershop.
    Also; I love the interface, it's simple and easy to use.

Edit: I wonder if you try to get the look of a remodeled item onto a new piece, will it keep the first item's look, or the currently used skin?
    I was under the impression that at least one way to buy the transmute stones was with karma. Because DE's, that reward karma, are soposed to still be rewarding even if your a level 80 scaled down to a low lvl zone that karma rewards are relatively consistent regardless of level of the event. If thats so I doubt we'll have an issue with an item being too much to afford at low levels and nothing at all at high levels.

Who is John Galt?

Because I didn't have item 3 at the time I combined 1 and 2?

Items 1 and 2 will no longer exist......if i understand you rightly.

I imagine there would be an undo, or a confirm, option that lets you look at it first.

But.......item 3 should take the exact appearance of item 2. So you should already know if u like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Items 1 and 2 will no longer exist......if i understand you rightly.
    That's not what I'm asking.

Items 1 and 2 create item 1+2, can I use the look/stats of this new combined item with item 3?

Ah... missed the implied timeskip there I guess. Because the appearance item is destroyed in the process I'm under the assumption that if you try to apply the combined item to a 3rd item later on it would use its current appearance not its original one. To do otherwise would kinda necessitate preserving the origonal item kinda like how wow did it.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you combine item 1 and 2, you get item 4, then you get item 3 and you'd be able to combine item 4 and item 3 to get item 5.

In other words your final item would have stats from 3, look from 2, you can combine as many items as you want so long as you have stones ad items to combine.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Ah... missed the implied timeskip there I guess. Because the appearance item is destroyed in the process I'm under the assumption that if you try to apply the combined item to a 3rd item later on it would use its current appearance not its original one. To do otherwise would kinda necessitate preserving the origonal item kinda like how wow did it.
    So lets say I use item 1s look, when I combine Item 1+2 (which looks like 1, stats of 2), will I beat able to use the look of 1+2 (and therefore 1) with the stats of 3?

So it would be like,

1 (the look) and 2 (the stats) = 1+2 (look of 1, stats of 2)
    1+2 (the look) and 3 (the stats) = 1+3 (look of 1, stats of 3)

The 1+3 could also be represented as 1+2+3 or something, but the +2 is kind of redundant since neither the look nor stats are being used.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-28 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    What he probably means is that he uses item 1's appearance on item 2, so he gets item 3, which has the appearance of 1 and stats of 2.

He then wants to know if you can use the appearance of item 3 with a stone again on another item.
    ( So the appearance of the item didn't get lost with item 1's disappearance )

Right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    What he probably means is that he uses item 1's appearance on item 2, so he gets item 3, which has the appearance of 1 and stats of 2.

He then wants to know if you can use the appearance of item 3 with a stone again on another item.
    ( So the appearance of the item didn't get lost with item 1's disappearance )

Right? :P
    With love <3

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    When you combine item 1 and 2, you get item 4, then you get item 3 and you'd be able to combine item 4 and item 3 to get item 5.

In other words your final item would have stats from 3, look from 2, you can combine as many items as you want so long as you have stones ad items to combine.
    Should have just used 4 or 5 instead of 1+2 and all that. =P

ohhh lol. Ok, I made a post that said what Rickz's did...but reading ur post again my ears started to bleed. So I deleted it and went and made a coffee.

- and in answer to ur question....dunno

But I doubt they wouldn't let u. Can't see a reason. And letting u seems inline with their philosophy. Here's all we know...though it's old.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/john-and-e...loot-questions
    http://www.arena.net/blog/a-rewardin...lks-about-loot
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-28 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    ohhh lol. Ok, I made a post that said what Rickz's did...but reading ur post again my ears started to bleed. So I deleted it and went and made a coffee.
    I made a coffee as well, made this thread a lot easier to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    I made a coffee as well, made this thread a lot easier to understand
    chuckle I think there may have been a touch of a language barrier in this thread :P Hope we answered larynx's question though. but yes baring Anet doing something totaly braindead if you like the look of item 1 and transmute it onto another item you can keep transmuteing that same look from item to item as you upgrade your gear.

Who is John Galt?

Wish the items didn't get destroyed prevents from using them later for different sets....
    For example
    Item 1: Awesome stats awesome look
    Item 2: Shit stats Awesome look

I want to give the awesome stats from 1 to 2 but I want to keep both looks for different outfits

Question,

Situation:

You have 3 items.

lets use A, B, C instead of 1,2,3 ... your question is the following where First letter is look and second letter is stats,
    If you take AA and combine it with BB to make AB can you then take AB and combine it with CC to create AC, the answer would be yes, the "new" peice would have the look of A but stats of C, if you used that "new" items for the looks it would take the looks that is has which is A. Alternatively say you have made AB and you like the looks but not stats of CC better you could do the same thing and get CB instead of AC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given how the UI works (you dump both items in, then select the visual you want and the stat set you want), I don't see there being any problem with recombining a transmuted item to keep either the visual or the stats on that item.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.