Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Non-human pvp rogue - a serious compromise?

Hey all!

So I'm transferring my rogue to alliance from horde to play with friends. Now, I wanted to pick Night Elf although it isn't a strong preference or anything. Then I see that pretty much ALL rogues are human, and there's gotta be a reason for that, right? I also know that players like Reckful switched to human.

I don't feel competent enough to say just how well the NE racials stack up against No Man For Himself as rogue, but I can appreciate the desire to equip a DPS trinket for sure.

Would you say picking another race than human is a definite compromise at this point? I realize that I am probably not at a level where it will make or break my game, but I'm sort of OCD with this kind of stuff. I want the best possible race/stay framework to do well in PvP

Thanks for any input

Deleted
    Play what you like, it won't make a difference in your ratings really. Reckful could've gotten rank 1 as a tauren rogue.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Play what you like, it won't make a difference in your ratings really. Reckful could've gotten rank 1 as a tauren rogue.
    Not many people play like Reckful is the thing though =)

Deleted
    yea... I just couldn't help but notice how LITERALLY 90 % of alliance rogues that are high-rated seem to be human :S

The double on use trinket just lines up with dance and since smokebomb dance usually is what gets the kill people do tend to run human but I dont think you are worse off going nelf since the dmg is either way rtarded with or without the trinket. So mabey you skip using trinket in first bomb and use it in second dno.
    (

Double trinket is nice. But shadowmeld is good as well.

Deleted
    But shadowmeld only brings you out of combat if you are far away from enemies right? Could make it hard to use in arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Jenslyn87 View Post
    But shadowmeld only brings you out of combat if you are far away from enemies right? Could make it hard to use in arenas
    It's hard to say how shadowmeld works. I've had situations where I'm fighting a warrior, a meld-stealth-CS him all in one GCD
    Some times i Shadowmeld with a pet around, and it doesn't break Combat. You can how ever use Premed in SHadowmeld (not stealth) I dont know if that's a bonus for you or not.

While double trinkets can make you a menacing force in arena, Shadowmeld is A: Lots of fun once you get the hang of it B:2% extra miss rate, Make the RNG Shine in your favor! And C: Nelfs are hot.

Deleted
    I find every man for himself superior in arena and high end RBGs, shadowmeld is better for standard BGs where you're not going to get broken out of instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I find every man for himself superior in arena and high end RBGs, shadowmeld is better for standard BGs where you're not going to get broken out of instantly.
    Yep, Meld is good in some places. But over all double trinket comes out a head. If i wasn't so damn broke id be human right now. But untill i find a spare 25$. I'm content being a Nelf. Meld has scored me some extra Find Weakness uptime when it counted the most. (Pro tip, Meld doesn't work with NPCS in combat)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can as well macro ambush or CS to Shmeld to throw in free find weakness when dance is gone. It doesn't matter if you stay in combat you can always use that abilities right after meld.
    I'd go with human though after all they have bigger boobs ^^ Too bad i'm worgen for stupid PvE reason
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Quote Originally Posted by Galufio View Post
    You can as well macro ambush or CS to Shmeld to throw in free find weakness when dance is gone. It doesn't matter if you stay in combat you can always use that abilities right after meld.
    I'd go with human though after all they have bigger boobs ^^ Too bad i'm worgen for stupid PvE reason
    Really? I knew you could Premed, but not CS/Ambush, Garrote. Do you know if Shadowmeld has a stance tied to it? For Macroing reasons. If not ill have to get creative with a CS/Garrote Meld macro =(

Quote Originally Posted by Jenslyn87 View Post
    Hey all!

So I'm transferring my rogue to alliance from horde to play with friends. Now, I wanted to pick Night Elf although it isn't a strong preference or anything. Then I see that pretty much ALL rogues are human, and there's gotta be a reason for that, right? I also know that players like Reckful switched to human.

I don't feel competent enough to say just how well the NE racials stack up against No Man For Himself as rogue, but I can appreciate the desire to equip a DPS trinket for sure.

Would you say picking another race than human is a definite compromise at this point? I realize that I am probably not at a level where it will make or break my game, but I'm sort of OCD with this kind of stuff. I want the best possible race/stay framework to do well in PvP

Thanks for any input
    It is the free trinket slot. If you can be a human, be a human. There isn't any debate on this. Speculate and try to calculate all you want, but the free trinket slot is powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Palli View Post
    It is the free trinket slot. If you can be a human, be a human. There isn't any debate on this. Speculate and try to calculate all you want, but the free trinket slot is powerful.
    I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees. A free trinket is a free trinket. Extra stealth or not. That free trinket slot doesn't have a CD. It's pure unrefined sexy.

4xx agility plus a proc or a 'on use'.

where do i sign?

I don't like the human racial because it doesn't add any new abilities/tools, and instead just adds more damage from a trinket slot.

Although I am a gnome, I really like the dwarf racial because it removes bleeds - which is the only counter to rogues being able to restealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Really? I knew you could Premed, but not CS/Ambush, Garrote. Do you know if Shadowmeld has a stance tied to it? For Macroing reasons. If not ill have to get creative with a CS/Garrote Meld macro =(
    [stealth] macro conditional works with meld
    For example, my backstab macro
    Code:
    /startattack [nostealth]
    /cast [stealth,stance:1/2/3]ambush;backstab

Well you do get an free pvp trinket as a human. So you can basicly use 2 dps trinkets as a human rogue.
    But we all know.. that humans looks aweful :P if you compare to an Night-Elf or any other race.

Go for human if you're a serious pvp-player, but if you're not. Choose whatever you want!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees. A free trinket is a free trinket. Extra stealth or not. That free trinket slot doesn't have a CD. It's pure unrefined sexy.
    Well there is a cooldown with Two ON USE trinkets, but it's best to take the On Use and Proc trinket as those two can occur at the same time. It also allows the rogue to use Vial and the On Use trinket which is extremely powerful if coordinated.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Better? Yes.

Serious Compromise? No.