Deleted

Need advice on Raid team set up.

Hello, I’ve made this thread in order to seek some advice on how to make a Guild become more successful. Right now I’m currently a officer in a Guild on Darkspear EU known as Achievement Junkiez. Place for social players that thrive on achievements, we are currently aiming for a 10 man core team for DS 10 Normal, however am at a stump of what to recruit, right now we only have 3 core players. Resto druid, Priest disc, and a warrior Tank. I’m not sure what would be a good set up of dps, second OT and the third healer to go along with.

Bring the player, not the class. = blizzard's philosophy. So just bring whatever you can find. Most classes have very similar buffs/debuffs now. Especially for normal mode.

All of which I can say is to name our own setup, how we do it, everything works, just have the neccesary buffs available, aswell as having the players to be there.

We run with this setup:

Tanks:
    Blood Death Knight
    Protection Warrior (Arms for 1tank encounters)

Healers:
    Holy Paladin (Me)
    Restoration Druid

Dps:
    Enhancement Shaman (Resto 3rd Healer)
    Shadow Priest (Discipline 3rd Healer)
    Combat / Subtlety Rogue
    Fire Mage
    Demonology / Affliction Warlock

For the last dps spot we've been trying to recruit either a hunter, ret paladin or a elemental shaman

As for the raid setup, ours isn't perfect, but I believe in bring the player, not the class.

I can pin-point you towards raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ Which is a great site of Mmo-Champion to check
    on different raidsetups and check which buffs you've got, and the ones you're missing.

Here's our 1 tank / 2 healer Madness of Deathwing Setup:
    raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=1sd6nikbq9000000000000000000000000000000

As you can see we're missing some buffs, but whatever We play the way we play and we're good at it!

Not able to post links, so you'll have to copy paste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lobomuerto View Post
    Bring the player, not the class. = blizzard's philosophy. So just bring whatever you can find. Most classes have very similar buffs/debuffs now. Especially for normal mode.
    ^ This.

Try to get a good distribution of loot types and token types to avoid loot drama and just bring people you like and get along with.

Deleted
    We have found for 10man especially, having each player with a main spec and an off spec that is nearly as decently geared as main spec for flexibility when it comes to specific boss fights.

The one class I would say you may want to look for, is a Holy Pally!, as far as focus healing goes, they can't be beat! They can heal both tanks at the same time w/ BoL!

Deleted
    Bring the player not the class is only true if you lack decent players. That being said, if you're just starting a raiding group, take whichever people play the best.

Deleted
    in 10 man normal these days you can do it with 2 or 3 healers for almost all fights so if you find yourself with an extra some nights don't worry after nerfs it's stil easily doable with 3 as the nerfs made enrages even harder to actualy hit.

Actually, you don't want to neccesarily take the "best players", as judged by meters and recount and the like. You need decent players (or players willing to work and take advice), but once you reach decent there are other, much more important factors to consider.

#1 - They need to be on, every raid. This is by far the most important factor. Consistant raiders let you keep a schedule. They gear up much faster, as you only have to gear one raid team. Teams will always outperform a collection of individuals.

#2 - They must be able to follow the plan/directions. There's nothing wrong with debating the strategy between fights - that's how you make a better plan. Once the RL declares a plan. however, that's it - you have to try to execute it. If you can't let go of your ideas and follow the plan, you're useless as a raider.

#3 - They must fit the "personality" of the raid. If they don't socially fit in with the rest of the raiders, they're not going to last. You don't all have to be best friends, but if you can't make it to the friendly coworker stage you're going to have problems.

So that's it. You need average players who will make every raid, aren't pricks, and can follow directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as your just doing normals, raidcomp doesn't really matter too much anymore, especially with the 10% debuff on everything. However, if you plan on doing some hc progression, there are a few classes that will make it easier. First of, I'd try to find a dk main-tank. They are really the best this tier, allowing you to easily one-tank hc yor'sasj, hc hagara and hc madness. Plus warrior as off tank is pretty good since arms really has great dps this tier compared to others. If you determined to use the warrior as main-tank, I'd suggest a feral as off-tank. Great dps with the ability spec as a hybrid allowing them to tank should the main-tank die is nice. I'd also suggest you try finding a holy paladin. Will make fights like hc yor'sasj and hc ultraxion much easier. And finally I'd suggest you find a good combat rogue. Blade flurry helps immensly on hc Zon'ozz and hc Gunship. Plus they're great to have on hc morchok and hc ultraxion due to feint, cloak etc.

Check out http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/
    Great place to start when building a 10man group. Shows exactly what buffs you'll have and what you won't.
    Last edited by Kanaxai; 2012-02-29 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lobomuerto View Post
    That's how they say it is, but that's not how it really is. Sorry. Some classes just are clearly more powerful in 10man enviroment.

If you are just doing normal, run with whatever. If you ever think about setting foot in heroic though, some classes that will make your life considerably easier in DS:

Blood DK Tank: AMS for Zo'nozz, eating focus'd assault with blood shield and no CDs, insane DPS for ultraxion, solo soaking 3 barrages in a row for Warmaster, and AMS for bloods/terrors on Madness. 4pc t13 is also godly due to highest on-demand coverage. Your heals will love a blood DK tank.

Holy Pally: Has the highest raw healing, best aoe healing skill, and has a tool for every occasion. Tank CD? check; Raid CD? Check; Gimmicks (I'm looking at you "I don't add any stacks" beacon of light)? Check;survivability (Divine shield + divine prot + hand of prot)? Check; Aside from all these, you have THREE different on-demand burst healing CD (Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor and GoAK). You enjoy 80% spi based regen, and a great mana regen skill on a short CD that gives you 20k+ mana every 2 minutes. O, and did I mention holy pallies scale well with pretty much any stats?

Spriest: The new mage with better survivability, better multidotting ability, slightly worse but more on demand aoe than a fire mage, slightly worse on demand single target dps than an arcane mage, and dispersion does everything that Cauterize can do and more. Did I mention divine hymn + hymn of hope + leap of faith + vampiric embrace + shield at the odd occasion? Bringing a spriest is sort of like bringing a little bit of everybody.

Locks: Not that great, but you won't find a good shadowpriest if you don't have a warlock providing dark intent to him lol, and they are sturdy as rocks.

Regardless, you would want to bring classes that their owners know how to play. I've seen every single class/spec in every single heroic encounter on 10m now and it's just a matter of skill. I've seen Blood DK tanks drop like a fly in normal DS too, and shadowpriests with 399 ilvl doing 14k dps on warmaster. In the end, as long as your comp isn't too skewed (like my group and its 3 feral cats), you would fare well in DS, normal and heroic.

Deleted
    Bring max 1 melee, you'll thank me later.

2 tanks (at least one being a druid/dk with dps offspec).
    3 healers (one with dps offspec, though not the paladin).
    5 ranged (2-3 cloth, 1 hunter and 1-2 leather/mail)
    1 melee (dk prefer if you don't have a tank one).

You can add more ranged if you want backups, but try to stay away from melee, unless they share loot with nobody.

Best comp this tier is:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    With the dk swapping to tank and the war going arms for fights where AMS is usefull.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-02-29 at 03:26 PM.